June Finds

the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central

my father in law bought a box of records for me that had the Lonnie in it, the Bruton was from a record store, but not too bad at $10 and the other 2 were some random finds (the comp has the reggae PYHITH on the Muro mix)

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Bid way too much to win the black label Alfredito on Tico but I had to have that schitt. Wasn't going to be denied.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    the_dL said:

my father in law bought a box of records for me that had the Lonnie in it, the Bruton was from a record store, but not too bad at $10 and the other 2 were some random finds (the comp has the reggae PYHITH on the Muro mix)

Rogier Van Otterloo 'Moods' is mellow Dutch jazz featuring Thijs Van Leer and Louis Van Dyke - both names to keep an eye out for. Toots thielemans' 'Turks Fruit' (Turrkish Delight) is a tune you might recognise, it was the theme for a classic Dutch movie starring a very young Rutger Hauer

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    nzshadow said:

Rogier Van Otterloo 'Moods' is mellow Dutch jazz featuring Thijs Van Leer and Louis Van Dyke - both names to keep an eye out for. Toots thielemans' 'Turks Fruit' (Turrkish Delight) is a tune you might recognise, it was the theme for a classic Dutch movie starring a very young Rutger Hauer
    the thijis Van Leer (Focus) connection was what grabbed y attention, its not a great record, but it has some interesting rhodes moments, and I only paid a $1 for it.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    remember A***, first dibbs on the wax when you hit oz ;)

i got a little wants list of Dutch things I'll mail you too.. check your facebook.

b

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

Bid way too much to win the black label Alfredito on Tico but I had to have that schitt. Wasn't going to be denied.

Congrats, dude! One of my top mint-up needs, and you are lucky I was in the jungle when that auction was running. Worth every penny for a clean OG.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    the_dL said:

i love that version of pyhith!!! actually a good listen due to the awesome vocals and reggae feel. always wondered where it was from, now i know what the record looks like. let me know if you get rid of it.

• I dont post much on here but I started the month off wellish so I thought I would share.

I dont think I will see another one of these for a while.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    picked up a jigsaw puzzle cover, not really sure bout this one ..

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    mid 70s danish music mags

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Nice pull on the Sun Ra, it's the same LP as Nuclear War isn't it?

Some of the latest: some trades, some digging finds, some mailbox.

What's with Pablo's pants, it looks like he was dipped in resin.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    tripledouble said:

i love that version of pyhith!!! actually a good listen due to the awesome vocals and reggae feel. always wondered where it was from, now i know what the record looks like. let me know if you get rid of it.

it's a mint up, holla!

• just found this in the trash on the way home. can't find much info on it, some decent funky gospel soul stuff on mowest. can i get a price czech?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    damn dog, looks hot!!! give a report after a listen. (and yes plaese on that sheet music you mentioned!)

dL...message senttttttt

• tripledouble said:
    damn dog, looks hot!!! give a report after a listen
    Celebration - Are You Ready?

Celebration - Which Train You Ridin'?

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    just found this in the trash on the way home. can't find much info on it, some decent funky gospel soul stuff on mowest. can i get a price czech?

My local dealer has a sealed copy in his shop for 12.00.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    just found this in the trash on the way home. can't find much info on it, some decent funky gospel soul stuff on mowest. can i get a price czech?

I've scooped up a few of these over the years. Usually for a buck, but this record did catch me off guard. A lot of good samples. I don't hear or see too much about it though. Pretty dope LP imo, good find.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LoopDreams said:

No, though they share two tunes (not sure if they're the same versions).

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    My last full day in Colombia, I took a bus from Santa Marta to Barranquilla for the day, got stuck in horrible traffic after an accident on the highway and only ended up having two hours to hit the town. Imagine living in this place! Nothing was more than $5 US:

^^Funny story about Jimmy Salcedo (the funky one):

My colleague here in Bogota has the world's funniest / most lecherous dad. Yesterday he was telling me about hanging out with Jimmy in the 80s, since he was on the board of directors for Jimmy's company. In lieu of payment to my colleague's dad for his services, Jimmy would lend him his yacht in Cartagena, furnished with two fine young ladies, for a week at a time whenever he wished.

• Horseleech said:
    LoopDreams said:

No, though they share two tunes (not sure if they're the same versions).

Thats right, they share the song 'Nuclear War' but the version on this LP is slightly different.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Few good pulls yesterday -- will to paost later. However, this was my personal fav, one which I've never heard anything about.

Rocks too...

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    Few good pulls yesterday -- will to paost later. However, this was my personal fav, one which I've never heard anything about.

Rocks too...

^^^^^^^^^^^^That looks pretty rad. Plaese to poast soundclip if you are able.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Woimsah said:

Rocks too...

^^^^^^^^^^^^That looks pretty rad. Plaese to poast soundclip if you are able.

Ya I'll try to get something up in the next couple of days. I did a quick run through but was generally surprised. It's him giving a performance from "La convention de los Dianetics".

I'll try and post "I'm A Thetan". Ya - not joking.

WHAT, WHAT!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

WHAT, WHAT!

This is about the only latin record I've ever heard that I'd drop some money on. An insane funky banger.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

This is about the only latin record I've ever heard that I'd drop some money on. An insane funky banger.

You are possibly insane. There is at least one other latin record worth dropping a fiver on.

SportCasual said:
    Duderonomy said:

You are possibly insane. There is at least one other latin record worth dropping a fiver on.

If you're trying to offload chud, I'll give you ??3.50, and you pay postage.

If Rey's reading, that goes for his latin stuff too. I need more coasters.

Duderonomy said:
    SportCasual said:
    Duderonomy said:

^^ CAN'T DANCE

Reynaldo said:
    Duderonomy said:
    SportCasual said:
    Duderonomy said:

^^ CAN'T DANCE

Hehe, that's subjective, but definitely can't be paying postage for chud. :-P

Awesome score on that de Sal though. Jealous!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Woimsah said:

Rocks too...

Brazilian Scientologist Heat?

Very curious......