June Finds

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    mrmatthew said:
    Woimsah said:
    Few good pulls yesterday -- will to paost later. However, this was my personal fav, one which I've never heard anything about.

Rocks too...

Brazilian Scientologist Heat?

Very curious......

Nah, Mexican.

Think the only place a banging Brazilian scientology record exists is in my heart. One can dream, though.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Those Tim Maia Racional joints come pretty close

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Grope said:

How when where?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts

Sealed for a dollar. I was surprised as hell to find out that this contains an instrumental version of "Goodbye My Friend" (theme from the Italian crime movie from the 70s, 'Il Cittadino Si Ribella' aka 'Street Law'). The one that gets comped all the time has the crippled English vocals...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    llmod1 said:
    Grope said:

How when where?

WOW.. this took some time getting, since we talked bout that record a few years back, nice one Grope, congrats, and if u pulled more than one, please to holla at me on the pm asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Duderonomy said:
    Reynaldo said:

WHAT, WHAT!

This is about the only latin record I've ever heard that I'd drop some money on. An insane funky banger.

is there anywhere to go, to listen to this online ? looks dope!

raer 1960s paper record bag, although not sure what to use it for, cant resist picking up stuff like this when i see it on flea markets!

d

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Reynaldo said:

WHAT, WHAT!

This is about the only latin record I've ever heard that I'd drop some money on. An insane funky banger.

spivy said:
    upskiboo said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Reynaldo said:

WHAT, WHAT!

oh f**ck.. this is great, acid moog cumbia, thanks!!!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    llmod1 said:
    Grope said:

How when where?

WOW.. this took some time getting, since we talked bout that record a few years back, nice one Grope, congrats, and if u pulled more than one, please to holla at me on the pm asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

the lp seems to be really rare. i've been looking for ages!!! about one or two years ago, a friend of mine bought a copy without knowing what it was. so it's not impossible to find. but yeah... been looking for three or four years everywhere?!
    funnily enough, i only had to pay one euro (on ebay).

next copies are for you and you!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    2 long time came tnrough the mail

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• tommilltommill 5 Posts
    Some Latin records I found. What's up with that El Chicano record? I can only find informations about the single but not the album.
    Attached files

• delaspdelasp 21 Posts
    musica said:
    My last full day in Colombia, I took a bus from Santa Marta to Barranquilla for the day, got stuck in horrible traffic after an accident on the highway and only ended up having two hours to hit the town. Imagine living in this place! Nothing was more than $5 US:

^^Funny story about Jimmy Salcedo (the funky one):

My colleague here in Bogota has the world's funniest / most lecherous dad. Yesterday he was telling me about hanging out with Jimmy in the 80s, since he was on the board of directors for Jimmy's company. In lieu of payment to my colleague's dad for his services, Jimmy would lend him his yacht in Cartagena, furnished with two fine young ladies, for a week at a time whenever he wished.

On the jimmy record, the standout track for me is "Lo mismo de siempre'', such a summer breezy latin soul track with that infectious piano intro. "Mira" is also dope, sounds very LA chicano-ish. "Que linda es colombia"!!

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    strut coincidence ;-)

for the ones, who don??t know the BRIDGE lp:

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    planless said:
    strut coincidence ;-)

the bridge is real nice. thanks for posting it up.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Made a big trade with the homie Scott at Records LA last night, got these along with some plums and lemons from his fruit tree outside. The bollywood vinyl is courtesy of our man Nick "Unconventional Science" who's in India pipelining all these records back to LA:

Been searching for that Chairman of the Board album for almost a decade.

Ripoff of Herbie Hancock's "Rockit" on the BAADAL.

Really fun Madonna-wannabe song "I'm A Bad Girl" on GURU.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Laawaris on 45, nice! If a 45 of the Deewaar OST shows up with "I'm fallling in love with a stranger" please holler at me.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that joey pastrana is nice!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    some condition upgrades & bonafide new additions

funnily enough, i only had to pay one euro (on ebay).

!

NOT JEALOUS at all, haha!!

planless said:
    strut coincidence ;-)

WTF is up with all these racing car record comeups in this weeks finds thread, did a box of these turn up somewhere ??? :O

stuff from may and june

• delaspdelasp 21 Posts
    I also dont post on the strut much (due to a lack of computer skills) but i am a dedicated digger at heart, and i plan on posting more from now on. heres a couple finds from last week

Rotary Connection - s/t
    Pure at heart - Road sign (a good one, Chicago latin funk/soul/gospel full of breaks, couldnt find anything on this lp nor from the record store i purchased this in)
    Chilo Moran y su grupo - Mexican jazz funk heat
    David Diggs - Love song strings
    Jimmy Edward - Solo

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

^^pretty much the coolest looking 45 label ive seen

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    delasp said:

• delaspdelasp 21 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    delasp said:

hahaha word!

• will post a couple of rips in a bit...