Things You Could Live Without Ever Hearing Again

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Scat Singing.....I don't care how "good" you are at it....if you don't have lyrics...stfu.

That goes for all your "La La La's" and "Do Do Do's" too (Special dispensation to the Stylistics)

Five minute plus drum solos...I've only heard one good drum solo in my life and it was played by Bo Diddley on his guitar.

Add on hatters.

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    anything with auto-tune...shit makes me wanna burn infants

country music recorded after 1983

any version of "Kansas City", I loathe that song

Anyone besides Coltrane or Steve Lacy playing the sorprano sax...anyone besides these dudes playing it is just making bird mating sounds...I guess Dave Leibman and Gary Bartz get a pass as well, but it takes a special player to make this god-awful horn sound good

Rolling Stones "Angie"...I love the stones, but this song is one of the worst rock songs ever recorded

French horns suck

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    anything with auto-tune

THIS

• InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
    Scat singing is at the top of my "never hear this again list". Jazz is it for me but when Ella starts in on her jibberish, I wanna beat her with the mic.

Sam Rivers played the soprano well also. But I agree, soprano sax is an artist specific instrument.

Bright Eyes, Dashboard Confessionals and the like can suck it. Get a vocal coach. As a singer there pitchy rasp makes me cringe.

Local white blues music especially out of Oklahoma City.

Sappy patriotic country songs.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Neo-classical "Shred" guitar
    Reggaeton
    Modern Country
    Scenario blended into The Choice Is Yours mixed into Dwyck

• women rapping...

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I heard a song by the Beatles the other day and thought to myself that I would probably be OK if I never had to hear another Beatles song ever again. I like the Beatles too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Jeff Van Gundy announcing a basketball game.

Free Jazz - This is to music what Elaine Benes is to dancing.

RecordBeast said:
    women rapping...

GTFOHWTBS

Rap needs more women plaese.

Lauren Hill/MC Lyte/Queen Latifah related

• soundsrealsoundsreal 128 Posts
    hearing people talk about how their shitty modern rock band is like a bit of this mixed with this with a little bit of that thrown in. Admit its rock for once you aren't fooling anybody who knows any better.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    U2 & UB40. Not sure if i can nominate bands...but i just did.

Ill give scat singing a pass as it gives me shits & giggles.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Cutesy girly music featured in ITunes commercial

MAJOR co-sign on Auto-Tune

Franz Drescher (sp?)

Lady Gaga

People rapping about being from Brooklyn (I don't care)

Vuvuzelas !!!!!!

RAJ said:

I used to feel the same way, but my wife wanted a ukulele for her graduation gift and I'll be damned...I haven't pu tthe damn thing down since it arrived...trying to figure out the Arrested Development theme and shit...I kinda love the damn things now..

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    RAJ said:

I used to feel the same way, but my wife wanted a ukulele for her graduation gift and I'll be damned...I haven't pu tthe damn thing down since it arrived...trying to figure out the Arrested Development theme and shit...I kinda love the damn things now..

RAJ said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    RAJ said:

ok, that shit is evil...think Ill stick to TV themes

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah. Hey Soul Sister AKA EARS A BLEED. Okay, I'll keep it simple:

- John Popper harmonica solos or anything sounding like that.

- South American pan flute music that's played in subways and such.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I forget where I read it but it was at the hight of that Train song being used in TV commercials, but it was something about "How is it there's a song singing about SOUL SISTER and the song is the least soulful song ever in existence?"

• Options
    Elton John

"Amazing Grace"

Joe Buck and/or Tim McCarver

Republicans flapping their ignorant lips

Sgt. Pepper LP

Emergency Broadcast System test

Dogmatic creationists who can't stop schitting words

• dreadlocked hippie blowing recorder solos on the corner down the street. are you leaving that cup out so that people who enjoy your bleatings can leave some money, or so that people can pay you to go away? also, fuck your stupid top hat.

anything people listen to out loud on computer speakers in the middle of a crowded coffee shop. i know your dumb phone came with headphones. use them.

white comedy guys who clearly know nothing about rap music doing ironic rap songs. white + rap = still funny in 2011? wasn't "rappin' rodney" recorded, like, 75 years ago?

girls who sing like cat power. stop. your voice doesn't sound like that. stop. fuck your ipod commercial and rap covers.

any punk and/or indie group that has "gone country." how 'bout you satisfy your blue collar authenticity fetish by getting a fucking job?

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Nights in white satin F that song

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    brown eyed girl

sweet Caroline

the joker.

wonderwall.

• any version of "american pie"

i also want to say anything with a DX7 rhodes sound, but may change my mind if a classic tune turns up.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    deathvalley90210 said:
    anything people listen to out loud on computer speakers in the middle of a crowded coffee shop. i know your dumb phone came with headphones. use them.

THIS. But for the subway too. Motherfucker, I do not want to listen to your shitty music/game sound effects/tv show/movie all the goddamn way uptown. We've all noticed that you have managed to acquire a personal media device. We are very proud of you. Now plug in your goddamn headphones.

• DB_Cooper said:
    deathvalley90210 said:

THIS. But for the subway too. Motherfucker, I do not want to listen to your shitty music/game sound effects/tv show/movie all the goddamn way uptown. We've all noticed that you have managed to acquire a personal media device. We are very proud of you. Now plug in your goddamn headphones.

add to this the mugs who listen so loud through their headphones that i can actually hear what they're playing, even when using headphones myself.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I could live without every hearing again:

-Overly dramatic, overly 'churched-up', 'yelling', R&B vocalists (e.g., Patti Labelle).
    -R&B singers singing the "Star Spangled Banner."
    -Songs with autotune.
    -Ringtones.
    -Some idiot yelling into his/her cellphone in public.
    -'Community calendar' elevator (so-called) jazz like the "The Shaker Song" and "Morning Dance" by Spyro Gyra, "Feel So Good" by Chuck Mangione, and "Skippin'" by Ramsey Lewis, etc.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

neil_something said:

i also want to say anything with a DX7 rhodes sound, but may change my mind if a classic tune turns up.

:puto:

Any of the "musicians" that I've ever heard playing at my local farmers market or most farmers markets for that matter. Where the f*ck do they find those people? One dude that rolls through there sings so off-key it makes people wince.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    neil_something said:

:puto:

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    neil_something said:

You have insulted the entire canon of late 80s TV themes, and a big chunk of Mike Post's career.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Jeff Van Gundy announcing a basketball game.

Really? I hated JVG the coach, but I kinda like JVG the announcer.

A sampling of my list:

Singer-songwriter covers of rap songs

AUTOTUNE

"Fuck You" (the song, not the expression itself)

Drunken assholes yelling outside my window

Sarah Palin's voice