Things You Could Live Without Ever Hearing Again

Comments

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

That goes for all your "La La La's" and "Do Do Do's" too (Special dispensation to the Stylistics)

No Doo Wop neither?
    I love that shit.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Flutes

Punk drummers who don't know how to play a convincing backbeat (lay the fuck back!)

Most reggae made after 1980

alt-rock singers who sing in the "Cobain" voice

contemporary soul singers who sing in the wavering Stevie Wonder voice (some are so young they probably think they're imitating R. Kelly)

Pamplemousse (the hipster duo who do indie-rock versions of contemporary soul hits; the songs they're covering probably aren't shit anyway, but the female half's emotionless voice gets to me...and not in a good way)

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Eminem
    &
    any singer that made it off of American Idol

The_Hook_Up said:
    Anyone besides Coltrane or Steve Lacy playing the sorprano sax...anyone besides these dudes playing it is just making bird mating sounds...I guess Dave Leibman and Gary Bartz get a pass as well, but it takes a special player to make this god-awful horn sound good

I don't totally hate this instrument, but I remember listening to one of those Wildflowers avant-jazz comps and thinking: goddamn, I wish they'd ease up on that shrill sound every once in a while

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    alt-rock singers who sing in the "Eddie Vedder" voice

crabmongerfunk said:
    pickwick33 said:

I don't know who started it - Cobain or Vedder - but I suspect we're talkin' 'bout the same damn thing. Whoever the creator was...that "sound" has got to go!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    brown eyed girl

^^^this^^^

Funkytown
    It Takes Two
    "lol"
    "staycation"

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    The words "Lady Gaga"

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    pickwick33 said:

I don't know who started it - Cobain or Vedder - but I suspect we're talkin' 'bout the same damn thing. Whoever the creator was...that "sound" has got to go!

nah...the Vedder thing is that "yeeeeuh" deep, long held note thing thing like Collective Soul and crap...Cobain is more of an intelligible garble punctuated with screams. Y'all are talking about different things...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    pickwick33 said:

This version's pretty good, though.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

French horns suck

How rude!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    shooterali said:
    Eminem

also, headwrap coffee house spoken word bs.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    elise said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Horny Frenchs suck

How rude!

American Pie for me too. Plus all versions of Puttin on The Ritz...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:
    elise said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Horny Frenchs suck

How rude!

American Pie for me too. Plus all versions of Puttin on The Ritz...

Classique

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:
    elise said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Horny Frenchs suck

How rude!

American Pie for me too.

I'm sitting in a hot tub in a hotel courtyard in New Orleans at about 4 a.m. during Mardi Gras???this huge-ass thing that was more like a minipool. Some dude comes out with an acoustic guitar and starts singing American Pie, apparently trying to seduce the ladies ('cause you know that schtick is the height of aphrodisia). I have never been closer to beating a man to death with his own guitar.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    elise said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

French horns suck

How rude!

• InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
    I forgot to add the AOL dialup sounds. Wait that's not a problem anymore.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    edith head said:

It Takes Two
    This goes out to you A!

• Options
    Mack the Knife. Any version, any time.

• BowlsBowls 28 Posts
    Pete Rock and CL Smooth - "T.R.O.Y." (although the Tom Scott song gets a pass forever)
    ATCQ - "Scenario" (the remix is still fair game)
    MOP - "Ante Up" (especially if your dumb ass plays the remix)
    Pharoahe Monch - "Simon Says" (especially when playing it right before or after "Ante Up")

There's lots more, sadly enough. Lazy hip-hop DJs are turning classics into disappointments.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    pickwick33 said:

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    oh crap just saw Enkis post.
    oops

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts
    Down By The River. Candle In The Wind. Year of The Cat. Tie a Yellow Ribbon. Born In the USA. Van Halen - Jump.House of Pain - Jump Around. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know. Smells Like Teen Spirit. Billy Joel.

• "is it in yet?"

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    lots of co-signs here I wont bother to repeat, but please add to the list

Illmatic (its not that I hate it,I just think it is over rated and I could never listen to it again and it wouldnt worry me in the slightest)
    Lupe, Tyler "the creator" and all of those fixie riding dicks that turned to rap when they finally admitted they couldnt skate.
    As Long As I Have Got You The Charmels (see illmatic)
    Commercial Radio.
    Any commentator that isnt Richie Benaud (cricket related)
    KRS One (see illmatic, plus I have heard too many bad stories about his moves)
    The word C*nt
    Dilla wanna be beat makers.
    Tidal Wave by Ronnie Laws on mixtapes
    Sage Francis
    Whistle Only Buggin
    The Message

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Hahah. Hey Soul Sister AKA EARS A BLEED.

Ditto. Train's song "Marry Me" is also pretty annoying. My spin instructor plays it (by request) during the cool down in our class. Why would you think it's a good idea to request that song? And for a spin class?

Pink is killing me slowly. How is she so popular? Her label must be paying the radio stations good money to keep "Raise Your Glass" on blast all day months and months after its release. Goodness gravy!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    ABBA. If I never hear another one of their songs again it will be too soon.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Almond said:
    Cosmo said:
    Hahah. Hey Soul Sister AKA EARS A BLEED.

Ditto. Train's song "Marry Me" is also pretty annoying. My spin instructor plays it (by request) during the cool down in our class. Why would you think it's a good idea to request that song? And for a spin class?
    !
    Perhaps to get you the hell outta there like why record store employees often play incredibly annoying music.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Rihanna

• amphibiousamphibious 147 Posts
    BEANIE SIEG ALWAYS SMOKIN THAT LA LA LA!

i've heard this in every dj's rap set often everytime they play for fucking years FUCK