Diggers Roll Call '06 Edition

12346»

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    1. Name? Chan aka Big Chan, Chan Dog, Tito Chantana the intercontinental champion, Chanistan, Chan Ferragamo, Chan Canali, Chanimal

the great chandini
    charlie chan
    the mayor

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Name: J**d

Loc: The Great White North

Years Diggin: ~9

Music: Anything that stirs my soul. But, will always have a soft spot for TEH BRAEKS

What brought me here: First linked through looking for "funky" web radio in ~2002. Stayed for the conversation.

Most prized record: Good question. Like asking which child is your favourite.

Tofu dish: :hated_it:

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    HOLLAFAME said:

Most prized record: Good question. Like asking which child is your favourite.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    ]1. Name: Nick

2. Location: Ontario

3. Years Digging: 18...god that's depressing

4. A Specific type of music you are into: no

5. What brought you to Soulstrut: e-bay strut sales around 2001 w/ complimentary raj mahal mix cd's.

6. Your most prized record and why: this slot just stalled me for a minute, I can't say wrt most prized. One that has a lot of sentimental value is the Stand By Me OST. First disk I actively sought out and bought after seeing the movie in 86' I was young.

7. Whats the greatest tofu dish you know how to cook: I've never been able to catch a Tofu.

• 1. Name?
    Erlik

2. Location?
    Lost Angle Ease

3. Years Digging?
    Been buying Vinyl since my friend recommended I switch formats in 1996,
    but actually searching for more obscure/interesting finds since 1998

4. Specific type of music you are into?
    For the longest time it was Hip Hop building blocks, now I'm beginning to branch out a bit

5. What brought you to Soulstrut?
    Looking to hear some good DJ mixes online

6. Your most prized record and why?
    I like records with previous owner's names written on them.
    It's fun to think about who those people were and what their story may have been.

7. Whats the greatest tofu dish you know how to cook?
    Does Soyrizo count?

• JusMeJusMe 68 Posts
    1. Justin
    2. Cork, Ireland
    3. 13 or 14
    4. The good stuff..
    5. A lurker friend of mine told me about it
    6. Not one record but my Grandfather gave me a little case of 45's. They're not rare or even the type of stuff I usually listen to (alot of Sinatra and stuff like that) Just reminds me of hanging out with him listening to records.
    7. Haven't eaten tofu in a long time, need to re visit

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    1. Name?
    Diego aka Spidey aka Lamont canseco aka DJ NO REQUESTS PLEASE aka Dieguinho.

2. Location?
    Las Vegas (currently lost somewhere in South America)

3. Years Digging?
    Barely buy music anymore, but I have 27 years of impeccable taste.

All the good shit, and only some of the bad shit. The rarest shit you can think of. That raw shit parents just won't understand. None of that Bullshit you probably like.

Long time ago there was a thread about early 70's hip hop flyers someone linked to me on Freestylesession.com. Lurked for a bit hellen keller status before I realized this place is filled to the brim with sarcastic assholes, and that I fit in quite well.

My pop's beat up copy of Dark side of the moon. vg-

Fuck Tofu. DO NOT WANT.

- spidey

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    1. Name?
    Max

2. Location?
    San Diego

3. Years Digging?
    Born 1977
    Starting buying records in 1982.
    Bought punk in the early 90s.
    Bought hip-hop in the mid-late 90s.
    Bought indie in the late 90s, early 2000s.
    Hiatus for travel mid 2000s.
    More seriously digging for the obscure for the last 5 years or so.

Indie, hip-hop, punk, reggae, soul, funk, rap, disco, pop, jazz, whatever is good.

Heard a latin radio show in Berkeley and started asking around about where to find more info. Got directed here. Also, kept running into Mylatency at garage sales.

Tough question. I really like records that have a sentimental or memorable history behind them such as records donated from old family friends that spent their life collecting. On the contrary, records I paid cash for are less important to me.

Marinating in soy, ginger, garlic, onion, rice vinegar, and spices. Then putting it on sandwiches, rice, vegetables, whatever.