TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    ;-P Thought you may like that one.

I was just stirring. But a certain team beat Barca last year and people were called genius'. Didn't see much of that last night.

The ITV dickwad, even tried to tell Wenger before the game that he should be parking the bus. SMH

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Would destroy it.
    You could have gone round there any night and found Jimster hanging out the back of it

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Okem said:
    Barca are correct to give him respect, you should too.

Last night he did well. As a frustrated fan, I watch Walcott make too many head-down runs with little end-product. He's certainly playing better this year though, but he was the player to make way for Arshavin for a reason.

I was worried about Eboue being a weak-spot, but he did really well [...] So of coarse he's going to bomb up-field. But you don't do that against Barca.
    not when his bombing runs lost possession and left him stranded upfield. As I said, he looks a long-way short of match fitness, but I'm sure we're both hoping that Sagna is back for the return. Right?

I wonder if we're watching the same team sometimes. Again, this season Songs' attacking play has been encouraged and he has flourished, improving his game again. He is arguably the best DM in the PL this season.
    LOL at calling him a centre back. How many centre backs beat Messi like this - http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2frx ?? The guy is class.
    I think Laurent Blanc could play like that. Der Kaiser. There are going to be other examples too. Only in England is the CB assumed to be an unskilled unit. But I wasn't the only viewer who thought he was a little too pumped-up, and he was lucky to be on the pitch after 45 mins - a scuttler like Wilshere won possession without conceding as many fouls... which reminds me, Wenger's halftime talk had to include the phrase "Don't like it up 'em" as I saw Clichy run 30 yards with the sole intent of clattering a Barca player at least three times in the first 10 mins of the 2nd half. Made me smile anyway.

So.. as usual I pretty much disagree with your analysis [...] It's a fantastic achievement.

I didn't say we played shite, just that there's some room for improvement, which I think will need addressing before the away fixture. But Arsene knows.
    Was also great to see Van Persie run up to celebrate with Wenger when we equalised.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    things could have been differrent had messi scored early but my hats off to you gents
    great game your way... wilshere is impressive to watch...
    pep's substitutions have been off lately and the piqu?? card will hurt
    however it will be a battle at camp nou so we will see
    we sat on our laurels and played the 1-0
    it won't happen again

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Cheer up Duder. Enjoy it while you can.

We may or may not have enough to get past them at the Camp Nou. I don't really care tbh. We beat them at home and that means a lot for this squad.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Okem said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    neil_something said:

I was just about to post that. Gutted.

would smash it.

Jesus Christ.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    She's dating some French Dj dude called Mathieu Schreyer, I guess it's his influence. Lucky fella

• Okem said:
    She's dating some French Dj dude called Mathieu Schreyer, I guess it's his influence. Lucky fella

he's got a show on kcrw and played a bunch of tunes from the compilation i put out last year.

so a sound couple of people both.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Okem said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    neil_something said:

I was just about to post that. Gutted.

would smash it.

Jesus Christ.

jeebus indeed. please to find me strolling around LES (not sure if she even lives there anymore) in full arsenal regalia with the hopes of striking up a convo. Ooo to be a gooner indeed.

but to the game/commentary.

first off Sagna WILL be back for the next game. he had a one match ban for his red card in the last round (last man penalty related). i thought eboue did will (minus some silly runs forward) and given the opposition can't really complain too much about the defense. but i'll take Barry as first choice.

agree with all that Jack was huge last night. he played well beyond his years and i am starting to really enjoy this idea of having him and (hopefully a fully fit) Rambo in our midfield for the next few years. Respect for AW for starting Nasri (perhaps less than fully match fit). I personally think Shavin would have added more to the full game, but Sami got better as the game went on and I would argue that a less than fully fit Nasri is better than most other options.

while some time away, still think we have a huge up hill battle at Nou Camp. i have a bad feeling that Barca will be ruthless beyond normal in the next game (including the diving that the pundits seem to always ignore when describing the beautiful football they play). hope my boys are up to, because it won't be easy.

• really though, the fact that she is an arsenal supporter just about balances out the fact that piers morgan is also a supporter.

• Wilshere was fantastic last night.
    I had Nasri down as being the one to be subbed after a below par performance, so props to Yaffle for sticking with him.
    I thought Walcott and Nasri might switch sides during the game as Nasri is more comfy on the right but it never happened.

Song is not the best DM in the league in my opinion. A fair way off that right now.

Sounded like Wenger adopted Redknapp's tactics for the return leg by stating they wouldn't park the bus at the Nou Camp as the team couldn't do that.
    Cue a counter-attacking display again.
    Hope they win.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Song is not the best DM in the league in my opinion. A fair way off that right now.
    Who's better then? Essien fell off. Fletcher has been poor. Yaya has looked very good, and has the same amount of goals & assists as Song, but he plays in a more attacking role, along side 2 other DMs so he's practically a AM at times. Can't really see anyone having a better season tbh.

Sounded like Wenger adopted Redknapp's tactics for the return leg by stating they wouldn't park the bus at the Nou Camp as the team couldn't do that.
    LOL

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Okem said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    Who's better then? Essien fell off. Fletcher has been poor.

Isn't this more about systems > personel? More teams field a 'double-pivot' (or whatever the latest jargon is for two defensive mids in front of the back four) than a lone destroyer, or they're playing a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 variant that puts less emphasis on one player doing a Makalele on his own. In the Prem I think Rafa had it down first with Masch & Alonso both sitting deep while Gerrard roamed in front of them. Citeh are doing two or sometimes 3 holding mids. Mikel at Chelsea often looks like one of the few out-and-out DMs in the top four (since Palacios fell out of favour at Spuds).

I think Masch (last few seasons) was the best destroyer in the league, but Lucas actually looked decent against Chelsea.
    Mikel has moments, but doesn't seem dynamic enough.
    Song is a good shout. Last few games though, Wilshere has been better. And it's not even his favoured position.
    Palacios looked like a beast, but also fell off.
    Are there any players outside of the top 5/6 who single-handedly keep their teams in it?

Who is da best destroyer?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    even if i love busquets (flopping aside) i would not be suprised to see masch in the 2nd fixture

• Better than Song..Most players.
    I really don't think he is that good. I see him being the same as Diaby and Denilson - prospects that never got any better as was expected.
    Flamini was streets ahead of Song.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Better than Song..Most players.
    I really don't think he is that good. I see him being the same as Diaby and Denilson - prospects that never got any better as was expected.
    Flamini was streets ahead of Song.

Flam has 3 years on Song to be fair, and he played in the 4-4-2 years which shared a lot more of the defensive duties with the hleb/rosicky/cesc/gilberto MF combo they had.

Song is the best DM at arsenal right now, but has much room to improve. i would not put him at the top of the PL, but wouldn't claim he is far from there either. Dudes from Citeh probably have say at being better right now, but of course that is debatable. I also think dude from Newcastle (Tiote) is playing pretty good this year.

I prefer Song to Diaby & Denilson by a country mile. Diaby (aside from being broken) lacks fluidity in his passing game and tends to prefer going forward. Denilson can help stabalize a game with decent (short) passing, but rarely is he going to provide any offensive spark , and his defense is no better than Song.

I think Ramsey, if he gets fit again, is the best short term chance as a competitor to Song for the DM role.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    According to the commentators, Wilshere (2nd coming of Hargreaves) became a man last night.... did anyone see who it was with?

And the "he could have worn either shirt tonight" talk has got to stop. It's fucking Arsenal, not Gillingham in a cup run.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    SportCasual said:

And the "he could have worn either shirt tonight" talk has got to stop. It's fucking Arsenal, not Gillingham in a cup run.

yeah, fuck that noize. as the commentator shouted last night about the Arshavin goal "he scored a Barcelona goal". Get off the dick. You can argue about the whole "who at arsenal could get in the FCB XI", but don't act like its impossible to figure out why Arsenal did the job last night.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Who is da best destroyer?

No love for...

???

:necessary:

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    While I love both teams the same in this Barcenal fixture (see what I did there?), I have to say that I gotta give the advantage to Barca in two weeks. Van Persie, Song, Nasri, & Arshavin won't be playing due to the yellow cards they were handed, right? Add to that the home field advantage and the inevitable rage at being defeated after having a nice lead at halftime during this past match.

3-0 Barcelona.

Also, is it just me or is Fabregas one of the weakest players (in terms of strength and drive) in the EPL? His shots and free kicks are cringeworthy and milk-dud status, IMO.

Hatt me now....

• musica said:
    Van Persie, Song, Nasri, & Arshavin won't be playing due to the yellow cards they were handed, right?
    Wrong.

Arshavin was not booked at all in the game last night.

Van Persie, Song & Nasri had not been booked previously in the competition.

Consequnetly, all four will be able to play in the 2nd leg.

• musica said:
    Also, is it just me or is Fabregas one of the weakest players (in terms of strength and drive) in the EPL? His shots and free kicks are cringeworthy and milk-dud status, IMO.

Hatt me now....

It is just you.

threepointplay said:

Van Persie, Song & Nasri had not been booked previously in the competition.

Consequnetly, all four will be able to play in the 2nd leg.

So, you have to have been booked in consecutive games or just in the competition in general to get banned from an upcoming match.

threepointplay said:
    musica said:

Hatt me now....

It is just you.

This guy is seriously weak. I admit he's got great skill and precision, just saying dude's strength is low level and it comes through on his free kicks.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    For the CL, the yellow cards have nothing to do with consecutive games, its accumulation. I forget the specifics, but depending on which rounds your in, 2 yellow card = missing the next game. And after you get a suspension, you start fresh again I believe. I think UEFA might have tweaked the rules a little as i think it was leading to a situation where people were actually missing the final because they had picked up a card in the semi and had one earlier too.

As for Cesc and his kicking strength, i don't think any Gooner would claim him as having the strongest foot on the team. in fact, when we have a fit RVP/Sami/Shavin, Cesc rarely even takes corners, and almost never takes free kicks at the goal. what he does take are the free kicks where we are playing for a header, as he is pretty good at putting the ball in the right place usually.

not sure how it matters though, Cesc's game is hardly based on his ability to blast free kicks past opponents.

• I've never thought of Fabregas as having a weak shot.
    He's scored enough goals.
    Lennon or Crouch must have the weakest shot in the Premier League.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    According to the commentators, Wilshere (2nd coming of Hargreaves) became a man last night.... did anyone see who it was with?

My money's on Pique, he strikes me as a sensitive and gentle breaker in.

The Barca media masturbation is pretty much my sole reason for always hoping they get knocked out. That and the endless muppets who decide to tell me how the fact that they don't have sponsors on their shirts means they are unsullied by the money obsessed sleaze of other big clubs.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Cesc is currently up to his armpits in the Ronaldo 08 part of his career. Way too much preening and stropping on the pitch. Fantastic player but either needs to stop his head getting turned or move.