TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    musica said:
    threepointplay said:
    musica said:
    Also, is it just me or is Fabregas one of the weakest players (in terms of strength and drive) in the EPL? His shots and free kicks are cringeworthy and milk-dud status, IMO.

Hatt me now....

It is just you.

This guy is seriously weak. I admit he's got great skill and precision, just saying dude's strength is low level and it comes through on his free kicks.

Having a sledgehammer shot has little to do with strength. Take it from me, I got legs like Kate Moss. Better ass tho.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,787 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    According to the commentators, Wilshere (2nd coming of Hargreaves) became a man last night.... did anyone see who it was with?

Yeah, he spent the night shafting greatest-team-evaaah-Barcelona.

musica said:
    threepointplay said:
    musica said:
    Also, is it just me or is Fabregas one of the weakest players (in terms of strength and drive) in the EPL? His shots and free kicks are cringeworthy and milk-dud status, IMO.

Hatt me now....

It is just you.

This guy is seriously weak. I admit he's got great skill and precision, just saying dude's strength is low level and it comes through on his free kicks.

Granted, his free kicks are not always the best, but the fact that a guy I could probably run faster than is the best midfielder in the league is what football is all about. It's not just about strength. It's not just about speed. It's not just about height, or weight. Football isn't even always about skill;

Give Pippo a ball, and ask him to do tricks, and he probably can't. Ask him to dribble round cones on a training ground, and he'd probably fail. Ask him to put in bone-crunching tackles, ok don't even bother. And yet the man who was born offside, can't dribble, can't pass, and can't tackle is one of the world's most prolific strikers.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    jlee said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    Okem said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    neil_something said:

I was just about to post that. Gutted.

would smash it.

Jesus Christ.

jeebus indeed. please to find me strolling around LES (not sure if she even lives there anymore) in full arsenal regalia with the hopes of striking up a convo. Ooo to be a gooner indeed.
    I see today she's tweeted about Odd Future on Jimmy Fallon. #Swoon

..must resist urge to tweet back declaring undying love.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    enough about that old slosher.. back to the Arsenal

..must resist urge to tweet Jack declaring undying love.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Sooo, noone really gives a shit about the FACUP but watched the Notts County match yesterday and really believed that they were in with a chance after 45 minutes despite being led by a murderer. Citeh seemed less than up for it but finally pulled it together and would expect them to roll Villa over. If they get the energy levels up should be in with a chance of winning it.

Utd were absolutely turd on Saturday, lucky we didn't have to play a replay. Bebe was not at his best to say the least.

My Orient and Arsenal supporting workmate came into work today looking physically and mentally drained. I think he spent most of yesterday at the match trying to work out what he wanted to happen. Needless to say I'm pleased at the result as more matches for your opponents is always a good thing at this time of the season. L'Arse should really have been strong enough to win it easily though.

Christ the FACUP is dull.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,902 Posts
    It's dull when it goes to form. Crawley getting one over on Sir Baconface and we'd all be talking about "The Magic of the Cup". Well, apart from the Un*ted fans.

Didn't think I would get crowy about putting County away (like that murderer should still be), BAU for Citeh, including Balotelli strop. Villa quite rollable.

BTW Dad back from Hospital, blood clots (no false rasta) on lungs, pneumonia was da case, but personally I think they got fed up of him moaning about the noise With typical NHS efficiency, they asked him why he was still on the ward at 10PM when he was officially discharged at 2PM (only, no-one had told him).

Bloke I work with had actually died on an unattended trolley, passer by though he looked a bit, y'know off colour, they were quick with the jump start and he's been good to go since.

I did a stint with the NHS a while back and they were saying about how Blair had made it a lot better. F*ck, it must have been all gas-lit Victorian amputations, bite-on-this-here-wood before that.

• Junior said:
    I think he spent most of yesterday at the match trying to work out what he wanted to happen.

The extra games just means more real-world experience for the reserves (which, on the basis of whatever that was on Sunday, they clearly need).

It was pretty obvious that they would put a goal past Almunia though, wasn't it? I also found it sadly ironic that the player who could normally be guaranteed to get an injury time winner for us was scoring one for WBA at the same time instead...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I thought maybe it would just be Arsenal fans, who after the excitement of the midweek CL game, were going to find it hard to muster any kind of enthusiasm for a FA Cup game against l'Orient. It was one of those whydoIbotherwiththisshit.fiddleswithiphone,maybeagameofsolitaireorangrybirdswilllift
    myennui..Ahfuckthis!Bringonthezombieapocalypse, moments.

Good to hear about your pops Jimster.

Guess there was a kind of upset with Chelski going out but it's telling that people are hardly rocked by them cocking up these days. All that money and they still can't get any width to their team.

I'd been saying to my Orient supporting mate that I did think it was the perfect time to play Arsenal, you can't blame them for having a bit of a reality check when they were battling "the best team in the world" mere days earlier. Don't actually think Arsene should have got the criticism he got for the team he played, they were hardly upstarts or never beens.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    This sunday was pep guardiola's 100 game coaching
    79 wins
    that is all

• pcmr said:
    This sunday was pep guardiola's 100 game coaching
    79 wins
    that is all

it seems it was his 162nd game, and his win percentage is 72.84%.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    my stat was probably exlusively la liga related (no euro competition)
    100 games in charcge of first squad only 10 defeats

United's domestic record from beginning of 08/09 season till now =102 games, 9 defeats = 91.18%. Win percentage, 72.55%.

Would actually probably be even higher if cup and European games were included but far too much statto work.

Would have thought Barca's record would have been better since they only play Real twice.

Junior said:
    they were hardly upstarts or never beens.

Almunia.

Duderonomy said:
    Junior said:

Almunia.

LOL

Surely not the same Almunia who was the ex Arsenal captain and future England goalie?

As someone who knows all too well how crucial not having a spanner in goal is, have to say that finally having a half decent keeper between the posts has definitely made a massive impact on Arsenal's season this year even if the four in front of him aren't the final product.

Junior said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Junior said:

Almunia.

LOL

Surely not the same Almunia who was the ex Arsenal captain and future England goalie?

As someone who knows all too well how crucial not having a spanner in goal is, have to say that finally having a half decent keeper between the posts has definitely made a massive impact on Arsenal's season this year even if the four in front of him aren't the final product.

Spurs fans will only take it as salty, but that Danny Rose volley was a prime example of a soft goal all of Almunia's making. First, he comes out and flaps at a very catchable cross. Then the shot flies back straight at him, and rather than jump, it seems like his legs disappear from underneath him.

Leyton Orient's goal? A nutmeg from more than 8 yards out. I could go on and on. He stopped the odd shot, and had an amazing 20 minutes against Barca last year, but good ridance. Sczrzschnzy or whatever he's called actually looks like a prospect.

Any one see Jeff Bridges in last night's Indian snake documentary? A good performance I thought.

I missed this because "25th Hour" was on BBC1 HD (Something...-Something...-ROSARIO-DAWSON-IN-THE-BATH-AND-IN-A-SCHOOL-UNIFORM-R)

Ha ha ha. I have to admire the effort if not the execution.

One of the best strikers ever?

• What is this shit:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8341490/Wedding-Day-Countdown.html

Is this supposed to be a fair reflection of middle & upper class England? Is it intended to be aspirational? Or is it supposed to be a heartwarming vingette of a bride-to-be?

Nice to see that the financial crisis doesn't touch these cunts.

A brilliant two-fingered gesture to the proletariat. Bravo!

b/w

Click on link

Scroll to start of article

Binkie West, 27, met Charlie Peacock, 28, on the Pony Club circuit when she was 14.

Close page

B/w Binkie? Oh, to have the money to call my future children names that the private school will protect them from being beaten ruthlessly for.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    What's worse is I'm guessing 'Binkie' isn't her given name but one of those cute sobriquets posh people like to give each other. the cunts.

The best thing about having the Tories back, is we can get back to some good old fashion Toff hating.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    On a vaguely, but all be it somewhat tenuously related note. Now that the of-putting publicity has died down, what are your thoughts on the 10 O'clock Show?

I've been enjoying it, although there are the obvious criticisms. David Mitchell is becoming a bit of a hero, if he continues his current trajectory he'll reach 'National Treasure' level by the time he's 50.

I think they really could do with a Stephen Colbert type in there though, as the constant united liberal agenda - fish in barrel shouting, can lead to tedium. Maybe they could get a Maggie meets Palin type, to reflect on the Worlds events through the eyes of the Pony Club circuit.

• They seem to have taken Binkie's thoughts down. Odd, thought they did this kind of thing specifically to enrage people and drive traffic to the their site. Although, it's usually the Mail doing that.

From the front page of the Telegraph site, I can see Associate Comment Editor Lucy Jones is wondering whether Glastonbury has lost it's edge. Oh, the irony.

bennyboy said:
    Associate Comment Editor Lucy Jones is wondering whether Glastonbury has lost it's edge.

"WHY DO YOU HATE BEYONC???"

b/w

Illuminati In the Hizzza!