TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm guessing all the negative attention the article was getting on twitter was enough for them to pull it. #funny

There's already a faux Binkie account.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    I just put my first (and possibly, only) ever tweet on there.

Are you on it, A*i?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Got introduced to tweeting after one of the other contributors on the blog I had thought it time we move boldly into the 21st century. Played around with it a bit and added lots of people off the Strut but to be honest my age showed and I just couldn't see the point. It was like a continuously recycling of facebook update statuses from people I had no connection to in the real world and a constant reminder that everyone was either having a better time than me or doing things that I a) had no interest in or b) should have been kept in their private mindgarden. Well aware of the dark thoughts that occupy my mind I decided it was probably best not to give myself instant access to vent these in 140 or less characters.

I'm very surprised that the Telegraph has pulled this unless it's for the extra publicity, being on speaking terms with some of the people involved in the online side of things there (don't judge me, ex workmates r), they're normally keen to whore out their content as much as is humanely possible.

• Junior said:
    I'm very surprised that the Telegraph has pulled this unless it's for the extra publicity, being on speaking terms with some of the people involved in the online side of things there (don't judge me, ex workmates r), they're normally keen to whore out their content as much as is humanely possible.

They probably did the right thing pulling it down; the last thing this woman would want is to become an internet hate figure a few weeks before her marriage. With all the wedding preparations to take care of it would no doubt be a distraction to find a large chunk of the internet calling you a cunt and forcing you to question your bullshit lifestyle.

• I'm sure Riz Ahmed is lovely bloke, but christ almighty.

"...so an online curator is exactly what I need. And I do get to keep all this stuff, yeah?"

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

I'm back in it to win it on the Fantasy League now..

Junior, we want the gold sucka, we coming for you.

Yeah without wanting to throw my toys out of the pram for the umpteenth time this season I'm extremely close to just giving up and deleting my team - I really can't keep up with the random cut off points for which games fall under which weeks anymore and the fact that since half my first team were either injured, suspended or not in action meant I brought in Barton (no minutes) and Berbatov (less than half a match) just helped fuel the rage. Bastards the lot of them.

Don't want to play anymore.

Being respectful of those in misery today but will just say, oh, Arsenal, and leave it there.

Bad week, many eggs placed in the scouse basket, which was dropped from a great height and hit with hammers.

Gah!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Fuck's sake.

Old news, but didn't know he done wroat that:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3672706.stm

• I hate the Fantasy League this year, the pattern seems to be that I get the highest score in the league one week and then the next I do really really badly, I still have hopes of beating Chizzle.

• Well, I'm second in the league at the moment so can't really complain. Need a strong finish to push for number one before the end of the season.

• oh, and what was up with that rooney elbow against wigan? what a c*nt, particularly as he gets away with it. not even a card!

Despite my whining, none of you are going to overtake me unless I decide to willingly self destruct as a statement on the luck over skill logic of the game, sadly you must deal with this.

oh, and what was up with that rooney elbow against wigan? what a c*nt, particularly as he gets away with it. not even a card!

Refs have wisely learnt that they should not waste Wayne's precious time with such trifling matters as bookings or red cards. The Wayne is above such things.

But he let our country down and cheated on his wife! COME ON. WHERE IS TEH BAN?!

Everybody Loves Wayne, apparently.

Hey now, it's not like he shot anyone.

• End of Chelski's slim title hopes today?
    Torres gets to make an arse out of Vidic again??

Bore draw is my prediction..

Considering it's at Stamford Bridge it can only be a bore sadly. Not particularly happy about Vidic having to face Torres again this season but the boogie man status has to be removed at some point, especially if he manages to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Awesome man love stats time:

Ryan Giggs' career in numbers

2 Champions Leagues winner's medals, in 1999 and 2008

4 FA Cups, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2004

4 League Cups, 1992, 2006, 2009, 2010

9 Times included in the PFA team of the year

11 English league titles, a record

11 The number of consecutive Champions League tournaments in which he has scored, a record

19 The only player to have scored in every Premier League campaign since its conception

158 Manchester United goals

605 League appearances, one short of Bobby Charlton's record

862 Manchester United appearances, the most in the club's history

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/28/ryan-giggs-interview-guardian

B/w
    "I've played for Wales, remember, and playing for Wales and playing for United, I know the difference. It's a lot easier when you have quality around you, believe me.
    :oof:

1 Goal of the season, his matchwinner in the FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal in 1999

• "I've played for Wales, remember, and playing for Wales and playing for United, I know the difference. It's a lot easier when you have quality around you, believe me.
    :oof:

A low blow. And on St David's Day, too...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This one is much better..

Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs missed an open goal,
    Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs missed an open goal,
    How did he miss?
    Arsenal took the p**s,
    Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs.

(to the tune on Robin Hood)

So as well as losing to Birmingham (who did play very well), Van Percy might miss the Barca game. The possibility of playing Barca with Percy and Fabregas and Walcott all missing should end our run in that competition.
    Balls. Would've rather lost 10-0 and kept Percy fit.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    plus it was on a great goal
    I don't wish to play against a weakened side

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

(it's nowhere as good as the Rooney 'barn door' one doe)

Does anybody have a 320 of J.Rocc's droppin science blue note mix? I lost mine, searched the Strut archives and realised I'd originally posted up the DL here back in 2008.
    D'oh.

• Duderonomy said:
    So as well as losing to Birmingham (who did play very well), Van Percy might miss the Barca game. The possibility of playing Barca with Percy and Fabregas and Walcott all missing should end our run in that competition.
    Balls. Would've rather lost 10-0 and kept Percy fit.

i'm starting to think that loaning vela to west brom was a bad move... neither bendtner or chamakh seem able to score from the bench, unlike vela.

Squeaky-bum-time...

No Vidic or Rio for the 'Pool game then? Silver lining to a shite Sunday.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    david luiz is impressive
    van der sarr is stellar for united i hope it's a huge gap for them to fill next year (because everything else is going quite well for them, chicharito (9goals on 13 shots) vs Berbatov (PL top scorer) are the type of good problems managers seldom face