Facebook Pet Peeves

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Okem said:
    fejmelba said:
    so am i the only strutter without a facebook account?
    No I've never been into it either. I just signed up, cause a friend keeps linking to things on facebook that can't be seen without an account (so I'm annoyed already).

It's strange seeing all these government names and faces and trying to figure out which posters you are.

there used to be "rep your soulstrut name" thread on something facebook/soulstrut related [group? fan page?].... suss that out for answers.

Oh snap, I could have used that right after I liked or added the Strut page. In an hour or so I get a friend request from R**k S***h, and I'm like "who is this guy?" he must have been strut-related but I couldn't figure it out so I ignored him. Later, I asked DB Cooper if he knew this cat and he's like "Dude, that's Raj." Dohohoooowwwpe!!

Needless to say I quickly sent Raj a request on bended knee asking for his kind forgiveness.

• i think i've got db_cooper and the one young einstein in my pog collection of facebook friends.

i dont know how many more of you jagoffs i can handle.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i think i've got db_cooper and the one young einstein in my pog collection of facebook friends.

i dont know how many more of you jagoffs i can handle.

Haha! Don't think I didn't pick up on your Netflix reference. I STAY RATING MOVIES DAWG.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    My one big peeve is more photography-related than anything. Lots of ladies seem to take pictures expressly to put them on Facebook. And they take these pictures by the dozen, poorly, in poor lighting, with poor cameras. Then they put them all up on the internet. It's like I'm in a bar, past midnight, and several drinks into the wind. The good ones, if they can be called that, aren't good, to say nothing of the bad photos that should be deleted immediately.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    white_tea said:
    My one big peeve is more photography-related than anything. Lots of ladies seem to take pictures expressly to put them on Facebook. And they take these pictures by the dozen, poorly, in poor lighting, with poor cameras. Then they put them all up on the internet. It's like I'm in a bar, past midnight, and several drinks into the wind. The good ones, if they can be called that, aren't good, to say nothing of the bad photos that should be deleted immediately.

My brother in law's camera phone takes thee WORST pictures. It's has a fun-house mirror for a lens.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    jaymack said:
    so i ixnayed her
    :oh_my:

what the hell does that mean ?

this thread is funny though

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    damms said:
    jaymack said:
    so i ixnayed her
    :oh_my:

what the hell does that mean ?

this thread is funny though

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ixnay

just a small selection of one of this persons photo albums, there are hundreds more in this style

who does that?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Maybe someone said this already, but couples who constantly talk back and forth on fb drive me crazy. Especially when its like 8:30 at night, like, I KNOW you two are on the couch watching Will and Grace or some shit. Just turn slightly to the left and speak motherfuckers.

• no pet peeves really, but there's this one Asian cutie receptionist at a place I worked at ages ago I can't unfriend (she was cool irl). she's about 90 pounds and one of those 23 year old 800 fb friend having people. like clockwork, once a week she will post a status update to the effect of: "zomg, i ate two cupcakes, gaining so much weight, i'm so gross and fat". immediately 8 or 9 guys will rush into the comments to dissuade her. it's uncanny.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    People who quote things that they think God is concerned with.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    pcmr said:
    it's one thing for people to be in relationship and not mention each other's names
    but i don't get couples who are not facebookfriends yet have profiles

You're overlooking the obvious, no?

• mannybolone said:
    pcmr said:
    it's one thing for people to be in relationship and not mention each other's names
    but i don't get couples who are not facebookfriends yet have profiles

You're overlooking the obvious, no?

if you didn't already know they were in a relationship, it's no longer an issue. so the point is moot.

• I just came across two of my best buds from 3rd through 9th grade on fb after not seeing or hearing from either of them for almost 30 years. Moments like this are what make fb amazing. Friend requests pending.

Fingers crossed they aren't Fox News parroting Dave Mathews Band peeps these days.

• heres an exciting FB page]

won't repost that pic bit, but you have captured my strife. Thank u for illustrating. This thread motivated me to 'remove' (yahhh!) that shit and let it go.

• People who spell out kisses like this: MUUAAH

Please stop. :weaksauce:

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Kaushik said:
    People who spell out kisses like this: MUUAAH

Please stop. :weaksauce:

XOXOXOXOXOXO!!!

• elise said:
    XOXOXOXOXOXO!!!

Yeah that bugs me too. Also anyone who writes *hugs* after their posts needs to stop.

• People who seem to appear in 2,000 photos all from exactly the same angle, rocking the exact same expression every time.

Hepsters in 2,000 photos doing this:

Hepsters in 2,000 photos doing this:

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• I wrote an article about these people for a magazine column i had way back when. Its more thorough than any reply i would come up with now:

I have to admit I'm a little late in learning about the world of blogs, and only scratching the surface at that. But there's no escaping the significance of blogs, and the fan bases they can create, take Perez Hilton for example. The guy just bitches about high profile celebrities and has managed to make a career out of it. Also, they can be a good way of creating a buzz or hype around musicians.

And now there's the concept of micro-blogging. Through sites like Twitter people have a way of providing 140-character updates on their lives and thoughts. I've not spent much time on twitter, but it's much like the facebook status updates, which are something i do have experience of.

I've recently come through the other side of an addiction to reading people's facebook status updates. I'd be on there every morning checking them like a soap opera. And I've noticed that there are different types of status update. Some of them are:

The Pretentious - ....is, ....does
    The Happy-go-lucky - ....is gonna av it 2nite
    The Attention seeking - ....wonders if its worth it any more
    The Braggers - ....is having a quiet night in with my special man
    The Dirty launderer - ....knows she can't trust him anymore :(
    The Threatener - ....is going to kick the f**k out of him when i see him

In addition to the above, there's a sub-category known as the repeat offender. These are people who are more violently addicted to updating their status. I notice these and wonder if anyone cares about these unimportant and insignificant 3-hourly updates on peoples lives. And i also wonder what the motivation is for the frequency of updates. Does it help people get things off their chests? Does it help people feel important? In all honesty I'd say I used to have a problem, in trying to think of the best status updates, trying to be funny, or do things that people would comment on and the like, but then I realised no-one really gives a damn. And another thing to consider is that in the case of people you haven't seen for years, or in some circumstances don't know at all, this is how you represent yourself. And in the case of the repeat-offending bragger, there is a huge danger of coming off as some insecure bunny-boiler if you're not careful.

So my advice to you is, think before you micro-blog.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Getting facebook spam invites, messages and assorted bullshit to my email WHEN I'M NOT EVEN ON FACEBOOK.

• I had a friend clown my constant Facebook use saying "girls don't like that sh*t."

I'm thinking 1) I don't use Facebook to meet ladies 2) I've met ladies via Facebook despite the fact that I don't use it as such and 3) as a rule, I don't take advice on meeting ladies from dudes that say stuff like "girls don't like it when...!"

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    One that gets me every.single.time is people who TYPE IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME.

I feel embarrassed for them.

Oh, and when guys do the "duckface" in pics. You know who you are.

ahem, if youre talking about me, that was a parody. im holding a big bowl of corn. lol

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Haha!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    ChristianJS said:

- people from high school or worse, jr high or elementary who add you as a friend

This. drives. me. nuts. Some people that don't give it up, too. Creepy.

this is the current re-post thats hot.

...is EXPECTING AGAIN!! I know, I know, it's crazy isn't it? I can't believe it myself. I wasn't going to put it on here because it's obvious but wanted to make it official. I mean who would have guessed that we are expecting AGAIN!! Yup it's official.. We are expecting *SNOW* today and AGAIN tomorrow!! **Re-post if you have any sense of humor

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    jaymack said:
    this is the current re-post thats hot.

...is EXPECTING AGAIN!! I know, I know, it's crazy isn't it? I can't believe it myself. I wasn't going to put it on here because it's obvious but wanted to make it official. I mean who would have guessed that we are expecting AGAIN!! Yup it's official.. We are expecting *SNOW* today and AGAIN tomorrow!! **Re-post if you have any sense of humor

not. watching.that.
    X-(