Rap You're Liking

Comments

• glad to see some sanity return to this thread re: that get busy thing. I was beginning to feel like I was taking crazy pills.

• faux_rillz said:

Last Train to Paris will change your life.

really? I am long over my childish backpacker aversion to Puff Daddy's solo work, but I am still rightfully wary of hip hop "concept albums."

how good is it really?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    faux_rillz said:

Last Train to Paris will change your life.

really? I am long over my childish backpacker aversion to Puff Daddy's solo work, but I am still rightfully wary of hip hop "concept albums."

No, not really, but it is an interesting and very well-produced album.

I think I'm into rap concept albums. At least when the concept is a musical one, rather than a narrative one.

• I'm all for records with a particular sound, but it was my understanding that this record attempted to tell the story of diddy's ride on the TGV through chronologically-arranged songs .

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    a good year for tip

"and on my throne i remain"

Also, this is better than anything on the Kanye album:

Kanye goes off and Kid Cudi sounds good imitating Timbaland!

willie_fugal said:

love it

that's NYOIL-related thing is pretty good too, for what it is. but, uh, do you think SITH is a Star Wars-related name?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    Cosmo said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Woimsah said:
    Herm said:

ya ya ya !!! support support support!!!!!!!

This is fresh.

Yeah it is!

I thought so too, and still do, but apparently we're wrong. Some folks in another thread made it clear that in fact this song is bad. So close!

I am sorry, but this is wack as hell.

Wow, like that huh?

I was playing this for a friend and he said the same thing, usually I can better guess when I'm gonna be on the wrong side of something.

I mean it's not going to change anyone's life, but I kinda liked it.

See!??! Told ya we were wrong!!!

http://nahright.com/news/2010/12/20/ace-hood-swizz-beatz-hustle-hard-prod-by-lex-luger/

I don't usually like swizz as a rapper, but this is pretty good. also, LEX LUGER.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Is that Scoop Deville doing the track for Get Busy Committee? The raps are whatever, but I'm loving his way of flipping '80s loops.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Is that Scoop Deville doing the track for Get Busy Committee? The raps are whatever, but I'm loving his way of flipping '80s loops.

ya it's Scoop -- album sounds great too. they just did a track with Busta that's supposed to be pretty gnarly.

• Herm said:

whoa. wth just happened?

curren$y would sound good on this beat.

• oh, and for the record i like this.

• willie_fugal said:

whoa. wth just happened?

curren$y would sound good on this beat.

Beat is Erykah's "Didn't Cha Know."

• willie_fugal said:
    oh, and for the record i like this.

I bought their album after hearing this video!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Totally unexpected return/"collabo" which just so happens to be a BANGER!

Also, new G-Side album came out yesterday. One of my favorite "new" groups in recent years.

• Roachy Balboa 2 is out now:

Really, really love Roachy Balboa 1. Roach Gigz used to bag groceries at my neighborhood store (before they closed and became a Whole Foods). Juanito Pacheco will remember that Cala/Bell on 24th as the place he'd park while making largely unfruitful Skreetlight runs. Anyway, I'm feelin' this Roachy tape almost as much as the first one.

I'm on Divis in my PJs/G-g-g-gettin' a cheesesteak

• hogginthefogg said:
    Roachy Balboa 2 is out now:

Really, really love Roachy Balboa 1. Roach Gigz used to bag groceries at my neighborhood store (before they closed and became a Whole Foods). Juanito Pacheco will remember that Cala/Bell on 24th as the place he'd park while making largely unfruitful Skreetlight runs. Anyway, I'm feelin' this Roachy tape almost as much as the first one.

Park at Cala? Never that son. I was on that J Church!

I like Roach too. But I feel like something's missing. I'll have to think on it some. Meanwhile, I'll be checking this...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Herm said:

Also, new G-Side album came out yesterday. One of my favorite "new" groups in recent years.

Really hoping people aren't sleeping on this. I've been in two minds about them with the releases since Starshipz and Rocketz but, having had a couple of listens now through this new album, I'm absolutely loving what they've done.

• Thoughts? Apologies if this is latte-pass but Busta's verse is super mean for being a thousand rap-years old.

• Double.

• spoonietee said:
    Thoughts? Apologies if this is latte-pass but Busta's verse is super mean for being a thousand rap-years old.

impressive busta verse I must say.

Chris Brown can be 2, 3, 4 albums deep and stick around as long as he wants but I will never be feeling this dude.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    hogginthefogg said:

I like Roach too. But I feel like something's missing. I'll have to think on it some. Meanwhile, I'll be checking this...

you think he's talmbout "The Cheesesteak Shop" or "Jay's Steaks"? the choice is clear for me but I've met an increasing number of Jay's riders; I'm like what?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    hogginthefogg said:

you think he's talmbout "The Cheesesteak Shop" or "Jay's Steaks"? the choice is clear for me but I've met an increasing number of Jay's riders; I'm like what?

Feh. Just go to Metro.

• Herm said:

Really like this.
    The album on bandcamp is a good listen too

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Extremely "Golden Era" without sounding corny.