hatin' on michelle obama

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    funky16corners said:
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    These "far-right shitbags" have the same mentality that caused people on the left to call Laura Bush a murderer because her best friend was killed in an auto accident in which she was driving in her teens.

I didn't see "people on the left" seriously calling her a murderer.

BobDesperado said:
    Laura Bush was born and raised in Texas and even killed her first victim there, so she's no transplant.

And what network is Bob's show on again?

#1 - Bob is the only person I ever heard say this stupid shit and the post was directed solely at him.

#2 - You don't need to have a TV or Radio show to be racist or ignorant....the poll that Amir referenced to start this thread was not a poll of TV/Radio Hosts..

"People on the left" seems to indicate that more than one person, perhaps an entire group was pushing that stupid shit.

He may very well be the ONLY person to ever make such an accusation.....my point was the kettle was calling the shitbag black.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    It was only a $900 purse. She just pissed and moaned about the elite ruling class until she joined it. Then her faith in America was restored.

Welcome to America, where the poor defend the rich even as they decry them, and the rich pretend to hate themselves.

And some of you dudes on this forum are displaying a severe lack of understanding about women and their bags. Bassie, back me up on this.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    luck said:
    sabadabada said:
    It was only a $900 purse. She just pissed and moaned about the elite ruling class until she joined it. Then her faith in America was restored.

Welcome to America.

And some of you dudes on this forum are displaying a severe lack of understanding about women and their bags. Bassie, back me up on this.

Spending that much on bags is NOT what women do. It is what princesses do.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    staxwax said:
    I dont hate on her but shes is hella scary looking mane - always looking all pissed off - clenched jaw steez - dont find her attractive at all

No fancy breakfasts in the white house for me man.

You have been spending too much time in the echo chamber. Please mind the gap upon your exit. You might notice some vertigo upon your return to the regular world.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    luck said:

that shadow is pretty damn hilarious.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    z_illa said:
    luck said:
    sabadabada said:

Welcome to America.

Or, you know, First Ladies. By the way, how's your in-depth report of Laura Bush's clutch collection coming?

Grown-ass men on Soul Strut commenting on the price of women's accessories is a lose-lose. I just checked: Mr. Blackwell is still dead.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    z_illa said:
    luck said:

that shadow is pretty damn hilarious.

I believe that's known in psychiatric circles as a "Projection Shadow."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    z_illa said:
    luck said:
    sabadabada said:

Welcome to America.

Hilarious

You sound quite sheltered

• Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:

BobDesperado said:
    Laura Bush was born and raised in Texas and even killed her first victim there, so she's no transplant.

Classic.

• Are you guys joking?

What is the First Lady of the United States supposed to be rocking? A messenger bag?

Moneyed, powerful black people in this country have *always* aroused the ire of "Real Americans". Read up on your read ups. It's all of a piece.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Are you guys joking?

What is the First Lady of the United States supposed to be rocking? A messenger bag?

I love how dudes who spent amounts on records that normal people would find utterly insane feel free to condemn other people's semi-functional purchases as indulgence so severe that they indicate stunted psychological growth.

faux_rillz said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Are you guys joking?

I love how dudes who spent amounts on records that normal people would find utterly insane feel free to condemn other people's semi-functional purchases as indulgence so severe that they indicate stunted psychological growth.

As if Imelda Marcos only rocked a pair of dirty Chuck Taylor's!

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:

BobDesperado said:

You think I was seriously calling her a murderer there? It's a joke.

After all, she doesn't have any subsequent "victims."

That we know of.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    z_illa said:

How is she a princess?
    She wasn't lying on a beach at her parents' summer home when Obama plucked her into a marriage where she did nothing but spend his money.
    Whatever I think of people spending $900 on a purse aside - do I think she would have bought the same purse before she was the First Lady and working and making her money? Yea.
    This is such a non-issue. Let's see the personal spending habits of the last five First Ladies before her scrutinized and then maybe we'll have something to talk about.

bassie said:
    z_illa said:

How is she a princess?
    She wasn't lying on a beach at her parents' summer home when Obama plucked her into a marriage where she did nothing but spend his money.

She was the primary breadwinner for most of their marriage. Really until his Senate candidacy, when sales of his first book took off.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Somehow, I don't think that Laura Bush, Hilary Clinton, Barbara Bush, or Nancy Reagan bought their purses at Target.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    well, Laura Bush certainly dressed like she shopped at J.C. Penny.

probably unable to shake the habit after years of pinching pennies to support George's coke habit baseball team.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    bassie said:
    z_illa said:

How is she a princess?
    Whatever I think of people spending $900 on a purse aside - do I think she would have bought the same purse before she was the First Lady and working and making her money? Yea.
    This is such a non-issue. Let's see the personal spending habits of the last five First Ladies before her scrutinized and then maybe we'll have something to talk about.

Some White folks hate when Black folks make it. I've had more than my share of "good ole' boy" stare downs when I'm out and dressed to impress (especially in racist-ass Milwaukee), and I'm not making near the level of Presidential and First Lady cheddar. It reminds me of an old Donohue episode where a bunch of Iowa rednecks were pissed that professional Blacks were coming in and taking "their jobs." The funny thing is that the cats complaining were in no way qualified for professional positions. That, in and of itself, speaks volumes about their mentality. It's reminiscent of their anger about having a Black president.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Some White folks hate when Black folks make it.

Are you implying that I am part of this group of "some white folks?"

In a March 2008 NYT poll Michelle rating had a 78% approval rating.

According to Huffpo in November 2010, Michelle had a 64% approval rating vs. 29% for Sarah Palin.

And in an article this week it is stated that her approval rating is at the lowest it's been at just over 49%.(see below)

The fact is the President's approval ratings have gone down terribly and subsequently so have the First Lady's.

I can see how racism could play a part in the initial 22% that didn't support her from the get go, but how can it be related to that 28% that once supported her changing their stance??

Is someone suggesting that 28% of the folks who at one time supported her just figured out she was black or that they became racist within that year?

Between 2001 and 2006 Laura Bush's approval rating fell from 76% to 56% yet racism was not a factor.

Maybe, just maybe, it's not a factor now either.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
    12/20/10
    The number of Americans who have a positive opinion of First Lady Michelle Obama has fallen in the last 16 months, according to the new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll. In April, 2009, 64 percent of those surveyed by the Journal/NBC said they had a positive impression of Mrs. Obama; today, the number is 50 percent. That 50 percent personal approval is just slightly above President Obama's personal approval figure, which stands
    at 46 percent in the new poll.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/michelle-obama-popularity-falls#ixzz18sF5bynE

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    bassie said:
    do I think she would have bought the same purse before she was the First Lady and working and making her money? Yea.

i agree

i also agree

My sister bought a nice bag a couple months ago. I talk shit about it every chance I get. She comes back with comments about records and keyboards. Both of us spend too much money on stupid shit. It helps to be reminded.

• z_illa said:
    bassie said:
    do I think she would have bought the same purse before she was the First Lady and working and making her money? Yea.

i agree

i also agree

My sister bought a nice bag a couple months ago. I talk shit about it every chance I get. She comes back with comments about records and keyboards. Both of us spend too much money on stupid shit. It helps to be reminded.

It just seems a little out of place in an administration that takes every opportunity to wage class warfare against families that would never even consider purchasing an $875 purse.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    the new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll

Rhetorical: How is this poll like an asshole?

I'm waiting for the WSJ/XXL poll on the new Kanye Album. I'm guessing that 78% of respondents "Completely fail to see what the hype is about, yet will still forward their friends the 10.0 Pitchfork review and publicly speak as if the Emperor is not bare-ass naked."

luck said:
    Rockadelic said:
    the new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll

Rhetorical: How is this poll like an asshole?

I'm waiting for the WSJ/XXL poll on the new Kanye Album. I'm guessing that 78% of respondents "Completely fail to see what the hype is about, yet will still forward their friends the 10.0 Pitchfork review and publicly speak as if the Emperor is not bare-ass naked."

Sure...but this was the very poll that motivated Amir to start this thread.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    an administration that takes every opportunity to wage class warfare against families that would never even consider purchasing an $875 purse.

This wholly unverified prattle is really beneath a man of your intelligence. Ironically, it itself is a form of divisiveness, if not - yes - class warfare.

Additionally, you seem to be impugning upon Americans' very wish lists. Boo, Santa Claus.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I'm amused by Palin's recent swipes at Mrs. Obama's campaign to alleviate childhood obesity, most notably the one she made in her TLC show, offering a toast of s'mores to the First Lady's supposed disdain for dessert. The last thing we need is for Palin's devout following of Mama Grizzlies to feed their kids cake in response to the Left's fascist campaign to properly nourish America. Purses > pastries.

• sabadabada said:
    z_illa said:
    bassie said:

i agree

i also agree

It just seems a little out of place in an administration that takes every opportunity to wage class warfare against families that would never even consider purchasing an $875 purse.

If Michelle Obama was at an event with other wives of heads of state with her $875 purse it would probably be the cheapest one in the room.

luck said:
    sabadabada said:
    an administration that takes every opportunity to wage class warfare against families that would never even consider purchasing an $875 purse.

This wholly unverified prattle is really beneath a man of your intelligence. Ironically, it itself is a form of divisiveness, if not - yes - class warfare.

Additionally, you seem to be impugning upon Americans' very wish lists. Boo, Santa Claus.

It's probably best not to engage anybody who actually uses the phrase "class warfare"

• Options
    Rockadelic said:

I can see how racism could play a part in the initial 22% that didn't support her from the get go, but how can it be related to that 28% that once supported her changing their stance??

Clearly, she must have gotten blacker.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Everything aside, as a personal opinion: the Gleefully Obese piss me off. I mean, it's becoming hard to locate 32-inch-waisted, gold-lined slacks at Barneys NY anymore.