TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• just read that the england bid got only two votes.

what a load of shit.

• Not too mad at Russia for winning it, Qatar 2022 World Cup though.....bizarre.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    OooMiiGosh No Gary, NO.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Saw the film of this last night:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diving_Bell_and_the_Butterfly

Wow. Choked me up. Anyone else clock it? BBC4?

• Shears said:
    Not too mad at Russia for winning it, Qatar 2022 World Cup though.....bizarre.

are u the same shears who did the streetfighter beat?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yep. Shears is a beast.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Saw the film of this last night:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diving_Bell_and_the_Butterfly

Wow. Choked me up. Anyone else clock it? BBC4?
    I saw it a while ago, very good film. You need to be in the right frame of mind to take it in properly, it's an incredible story.

• Ulysses31nicholas said:
    Shears said:
    Not too mad at Russia for winning it, Qatar 2022 World Cup though.....bizarre.

are u the same shears who did the streetfighter beat?

Yep that's me.

• loving your work

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Next weekends' fixture is going to be an interesting one.

• top of the table.

quick, someone lock the thread.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    YES.

Just thinking that a snazzy, patriotic, last-minute video would do the job was staggeringly naive; staggeringly negligent. It wasn't about making us, the English, feel good about ourselves but making everyone else feel less positive. It was simply another misunderstanding of the game. Anything which makes us feel proud to be English is guaranteed to make a lot of other ExCo members feel sick. They already see us as arrogant.

And to think they spunked ??15 million on this bid, and that's just the stuff that they can declare. Who knows how many bribes went down the plug hole. Fucking mugs.

You get the feeling that England will not be given the steam off FIFA's shit whilst Blatter and co. are running tings. Not worth showing up. We need a breakaway global footy organisation.

"It's our ball, FFS, and we're taking it home."

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• Tottenham qualified top of their group.

Love it.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This vid is all kinds of amazing.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yes mate!

Is the 90s revival here yet?

@4:19 They call it BROCKING OUT!

Hardcore. Still got some of the clothes, still got the tunes. Might pass on the curtains though.
    Reeewind!

Oh, and vote Banglash!

(tbh, there were better guest mixes though!)

Solid Steel competition 2010

Solid Steel [03.12.10, 12:08:45, IP: Logged]

We hit December and it's time for you to let us know your favourite mixes. As always, we're looking for TWO votes and we have a great prize (with a little help from Serato) to give away to one lucky winner.

The FIRST vote is for your favourite mix by one of the resident DJ's, which are Coldcut, Strictly Kev, DK, Hexstatic, Boom Monk Ben, DJ Moneyshot, Ruckus Roboticus and DJ Cheeba. Don't forget to let us know the date of the mix that you are voting for.

The SECOND vote is for your favourite guest mix and you can see the names of all the guest DJ's in the drop down list at Solid Steel. The last two shows of the year will be made up of the most popular mixes, as voted by you.

If you need to refresh your memory, you can listen and download nearly every show from this year at soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/sets/solid-steel-radio-shows

The winner (picked at random) will receive a bumper prize of;
    - 8GB Scratch Live watch
    -set of Ortofon Serato S-120 Conchordes
    -4 x Limited Edition Serato Pressings
    -Solid Steel 20th Anniversary audio DVD
    -DJ Food & DK 'Now, Look & Listen DVD
    -DVD containing an MP3 of all this year's shows.

There will also be 10 runner up prizes of the DVD of this year's Solid Steel
    shows.

Send your votes to solidsteel@ninjatune.net and don't forget we need your name and address with your vote.
    The competition will close on 17th December, so start your voting and good luck.

Dually noated and voated.

What do you reckon to this?

Joey Negro & The Sunburst Band - Fashion (MyPairOfShoes Dubstrumental) by MyPairOfShoes

I play on the other version, but I reckon this one sounds better. The bass on the other one is, like, cloying? The .wav I turned in was clean as a whistle. But we are getting there, just finding our way wiv da tekmology.

I had a listen to the alternate version and like the bass noodling - and I do mean noodling in a good way.

As a whole, my constructive crit would be mostly about taste; I prefer stuff that has more 'space', and this is made up of lots of parts that... uhm, (struggling with terminology here), notes that are played long.

Lots of different notes all being sustained, no ghost notes and such, means to my ears, that it loses some punch. Would prefer to hear different parts of the track removed at different stages to focus the ear on individual segements... just bass and drums, or just hi-hats and key stabs for a few bars, that kind of thing.

(on a really personal taste level, I fucking love echo (synched), and you need lots of space for that to work)

Sounding good though, like a good house take on the rare-groove sound. Just needs more emphasis on either end of the spectrum, and less over-all domination by the midrange (to my ears).

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Sounds nice Jim. I prefer your live bass version, the synth bass sound, on the other version, is a little weak.

Generally it all sounds well produced, but maybe a little pedestrian for my tastes. I've never really been a house person, so I'm probably not a good judge in that respect.

Off-topic and I dare say of no interest to anyone other than Junior, but on the are-they-still-making-the-good-stuff-tip, check out track 3 here. It sounds suspiciously like vintage DnB.

The other two are quite nice bits of atmospheric dubby electronica.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    well done by arsenal in the end
    however bendtner has proven himself to be as useless as ever

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the month of december has some juicy top 3 fixtures in the EPL
    so much more interesting than the la liga 2 horse race
    however el classico was one of the most satisfying football viewing experiences
    i've drunkenly participated in a long while

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    pcmr said:
    well done by arsenal in the end
    "My dicky tickeur.."

• The game with United will make or break Arsenals season I reckon.