THEE FYNDS THREAD

13»

Comments

• need something? i can try iff its still there

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Just got back from a week of school camp. Happily some cool stuff was waiting for my return & then the local store had a new lot of 45s out last night, which I made a trip in for & they turned out to be severely underwhelming. But anyways.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    musica said:

guess noone wanted to give you some props
    nice one
    been after this one for years. damn

• psyched to grab some of this stuff really cheap

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    $2 pull from a antique store I stumbled across today. This was the last record in 2 crates of turds. I thought it was gonna be just an empty cover.

• ROD1ROD1 26 Posts
    amphibious, great latin pulls man?! Not bad, that betancourt n pacheco record is not an easy find, great job!

• Breez said:
    $2 pull from a antique store I stumbled across today. This was the last record in 2 crates of turds. I thought it was gonna be just an empty cover.

that record has a great version of "the godfather" that i ripped a while back:

DivShare File - godfather.mp3

http://www.divshare.com/download/8317591-b60

• dollar holleurs. also got a bunch of rock staples in good shape..

seems to be getting really hard to find good records in these parts.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    No pictures, but recently:

Freddy Cole - the one with Ain't no sunshine... So good
    Lena Horne - Natures baby (feeling good)
    Dewey Redman - Music (cool 1979 lp with a long jazz dance track)
    French Canadian compilation with Jacqueline Tiaeb's 7 heurs
    Pharaoh Sanders love is everything ( who sampled this?)

45s
    Barbara jones - I can't help it ( reggae soul)
    Ebony sisters - son of a preacherman (ditto)
    Young ones - why don't they leave us alone (righteous)

• crabmongerfunk said:
    dollar holleurs. also got a bunch of rock staples in good shape..

noah, how is glory stompers?
    born losers has the sick cover, but i found more of interest on devils angels. and btw this is about the fourth ime i have seen them pop up together. wonder if theres a reason forthat. soulstrut is due for a biker stk thread

• a famil friend calle dme to say there was a thousand records on the corner for free. i got there and pulled about a crate and a half worth of decent stuff. zeppelin, cymande's 2nd, groove holmes, even a copy of critical beatdown and quartergram pam. i did check for condition, but it was twilight, so the light could easily deceived me, but hey...nothing like free records.

then i found two play copies of funky sensation in a dollar bin.

• tripledouble said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    dollar holleurs. also got a bunch of rock staples in good shape..

noah, how is glory stompers?
    born losers has the sick cover, but i found more of interest on devils angels. and btw this is about the fourth ime i have seen them pop up together. wonder if theres a reason forthat. soulstrut is due for a biker stk thread

the guy whose collection it came from was supposedly a biker. there were a few other biker soundtracks but they were missing the records...

anyhow, i did a few quick needle drops on glory stompers and there is a bit of raunch and fuzz but its mostly schmaltz. this is is the tune that seems to stand out:

the arrows - "the stompers and the souls"

• crabmongerfunk said:

the arrows - "the stompers and the souls"

Same Arrows who did "Blue's theme" on The Wild Angels ost? Such a killer track.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    goodwill finds

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Picked up a cheap copy of Pleasure's Accept No Substitutes from Half Priced Books the other day.

Brought home copies of Kano's New York Cake, Thin Lizzy's Renegade, and an Ice Mike 12" from Backspin Records about a week ago.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Kano's New York Cake

Such a killer LP. Now you can move your Eddie Murphy LP back into the comedy section.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Kano's New York Cake

Such a killer LP. Now you can move your Eddie Murphy LP back into the comedy section.

I can't understand it, why you want to hurt me...lol.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    billbradley said:
    goodwill finds

Well, safe to say that "Bromar" looks nothing short of awesome. And one can only hope that they're brothers and their last name is Omar. But again, one can only hope.

Not to mention,

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    billbradley said:
    goodwill finds

Well, safe to say that "Bromar" looks nothing short of awesome. And one can only hope that they're brothers and their last name is Omar. But again, one can only hope.

Not to mention,

I couldn't wait to listen to it when I got home. Just as I expected.. jheri curl juice drippin' boogie. ARG!

• Jeff Barker is just a goofy organ record but one track has some haunting grooves in it, surely unintentional.
    i just realized the subliminal sounds is supposed to have a glittery sticker on the cover. rats.

1st time ive ever found the Blackman complete with record. The Archie Dale is good band gospel but not really
    "good god" Numero comp level. either way i think its a scarce LP. apparently they have a second album from '77 thats a little stronger musically. Mexican Capitol stuff was pulled form a large collection of it that
    was mostly very weak material. these were needle dropped and sounded pretty good.

the hercules, pinocchio and munsters are all pretty htf. love the covers of the satan stuff!

searched for 10 years for the Bonniwell, then found 2 copies in less than 3 weeks. ???
    vincent's a bit rough but plays decent and was the one i was missing.
    1st OG ive ever seen of the John Berberian

score of the month for me by far, .50 pull, ex/nm

another .50 pull, unplayed.

anybody know anything about the renaldo jackson? its a good track.

i know no one here cares about beatles 45s but these were fun cheap pulls for stuff that "books" pretty steep.