THEE FYNDS THREAD

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
couldn't find a finds thread on the first 2 pages, so here's a crosspost and a repost and whatevs.

these go back a couple of months, I've been slack about finds posting but was bored today.

from local shops & swaps, a couple of ebayers and a waxidermy set sale or two:

the Metal:

the reggaes:

the randoms:

don't sleep on that Vinny Bell - more Link Wray than Airport '75.

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Nice find on that Paragons lp! A personal fave

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    Picked up this Christian Rock/Psych LP... Really diggin this

le juice:

• ha, i got that same joint las tmonth. i got it on display just for the ill cover art. i like the graf inspired bombing..."son of david son of david son of david!!! what!!!"

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    ha, i got that same joint las tmonth. i got it on display just for the ill cover art. i like the graf inspired bombing..."son of david son of david son of david!!! what!!!"

Right?! Had to see what it was about...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    SOI....is that Donna Rhodes straight country??

• posto doblado

• some catches this week:
    dint know this was on 45

fun with king tubby

armagiddeon, shine eyed gal, queen majesty and lee perry disco devil. yay!

and twenty interesting prog rocky things of the ELOY, camel, lucifers friend variety

• passed on this...wsant in the best shape and i didnt feel like giving it a chance. interesting that it was on the brunswick label. anyone heard it?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    tripledouble said:

and twenty interesting prog rocky things of the ELOY, camel, lucifers friend variety

That's funny as hell to see I'm not the only one that takes the price tags and sticks them to whatever's close. I got that damn thangs every where.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Love that this has become somewhat of a standard...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    SOI....is that Donna Rhodes straight country??

Not really - you know the deal with her, right? She and her sister have the kinda country/folk rock LP on RCA circa '66 (that I love, and on which Donna plays drums and Sandy plays guitar), and they were the back-up singers on pretty much all of the Al Green, Ann Peebles, Millie Jackson and Denise LaSalle recordings, along with hundreds of other southern sessions. This '69 solo LP from Donna has her doing soul standards like "Never Loved a Man" and "Warm and Tender Love" mixed with some originals in a countrified style. My best comparison would be a slightly more country version of Bettye Swann's 2 albums for Capitol.

It's not amazing but it's pretty uncommon and would be filed on pedigree alone.

Anyone know her sister Sandy's LP Where's Your Love Been on Fantasy?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A few Antique & Thrift Store finds from today.

Not a huge deal but the "Innervisions" is sealed.

This wasn't a buy but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    My man that works at a Goodwill around my way called and told me he just got some vinyl in. So I ran over and grabbed a few thangs.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Why the hell did you buy any of that except JBL Sessions?

haha, I'm saying - Breez must have some massive storage space cause it seems like he buys any record that looks worth more than a dime at the thrift shops ;)

• Madd Fletch grailz yo!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    some lps

and some 45s

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    some lps

and some 45s

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Why the hell did you buy any of that except JBL Sessions?

I have a dude, he has a flea market spot, that blindly buys all this type stuff as long as it's in decent condition. I pay $0.25 and he gives me $1 per record. No questions asked. It's quick money. He get a few hundred pieces a per month off of me.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    haha, I'm saying - Breez must have some massive storage space cause it seems like he buys any record that looks worth more than a dime at the thrift shops ;)

I know you ain't talk with some of that garbage you be posting, Clown.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A few Arbutus finds.

Breez said:
    SoulOnIce said:

uh-oh, sounds like somebody's ass is hurting!

dude you can't post thrift shop "BLOOPERS" records and not expect to take some ribbing over it, jeez.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    Breez said:
    SoulOnIce said:

uh-oh, sounds like somebody's ass is hurting!

dude you can't post thrift shop "BLOOPERS" records and not expect to take some ribbing over it, jeez.

I know man. I'm just goofing.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    nice week outta NY...

found 6 copies of this, all sealed...

still in the shrink...

also in the shrink...

totally weird

really nice....

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    'scuse the pic quality - rush job

been holding out for a good price, clean copy, this was it

nother cheap and clean deal

excellent

got burned on this one, bad hiss throughout - vinyl looked clean.

love this one

couldnt resist a minting 12"of this - love it

fire

more fire

:face_melt:

• really man? i never got into those Ice LPs

great finds tho...
    woimsah, 6 seald smiling billys is what junky dreams are made of...youll probably be chasing the dragon for a while

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Breez, that Los Kimbos is not terrible for 80s Latin. You probably will be flippin it though. You need to ball up and hit the 3/$5 cratez.

DBL PST

tripledouble said:
    really man? i never got into those Ice LPs

great finds tho...
    woimsah, 6 seald smiling billys is what junky dreams are made of...youll probably be chasing the dragon for a while

thx

the ice records are really good - i gave them a miss a few times, but i had the chance to pick up all three at once for a fair price, so couldnt resist -but now I find I really enjoy the rock-psych-afro type affair they had going on.

this is a well known tune off that afro-insturmental lp - but the real kicker is the first track on side b: 'alow aton'.
    Cant find an mp3 of it online.

And 6 sealed smiling billys is ridiculous. It took me forever to find my copy and i treasure it.