The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• If you can't get pumped for Raiders/Chiefs this weekend, then you must not have a pulse.

Where is the Strut Fantasy Thread? Ryan Leaf = edPowers, right? Egggggselent. Your boys gonna beat the Ravens, yo?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    If you can't get pumped for Raiders/Chiefs this weekend, then you must not have a pulse.

Please tell me Gus Johnson is announcing this!

"Going Up Top!"

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Where is the Strut Fantasy Thread? Ryan Leaf = edPowers, right? Egggggselent. Your boys gonna beat the Ravens, yo?

i'm popeyes sides.......i was rolling until i ran into yeathatjusthappened.

no clue what's gonna happen vs Balt......both teams are unpredictable

RAJ said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    If you can't get pumped for Raiders/Chiefs this weekend, then you must not have a pulse.

"Going Up Top!"

Gus Johnson is :goat:

"He's got a seam!"

They should give him Al Michaels job

• edpowers said:
    RAJ said:
    GenePontecorvo said:

"Going Up Top!"

Gus Johnson is :goat:

"He's got a seam!"

They should give him Al Michaels job

Yes! Finally something I can agree on with Ed.

Gus is indeed the greatest of all time. EASILY. The new Madden is such a ballburster. The pleasure of Gus b/w the pain of Collingsworthless.

I been on Gus' jock since he had me hyped for a Bills / Vikings game in week 2 back in 2002 like I was watching the Super Bowl.

After watching that, how can Gus not be the official announcer of the Strut. Dude's got swag.

:pasue:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    edpowers said:

I'm YeahThatJustHappened

DB_Cooper said:
    edpowers said:

I'm YeahThatJustHappened

:killin_it:

We''ll see how things go this week. I have Chris Johnson on a bye week. :shitty:

• WEEK 9

FALCONS OVER BUCS - Although I wouldn't be shocked in Tampa Bay wins this one, I gotta take Atlanta at home. I've been watching the Bucs every week, though, and while it's still too soon for me to be convinced that they're legit, they have been playing good football. Josh Freeman is reminding me of Donovan McNabb in his early years (you know, before he became the bum that he is today) - he just finds a way to get it done. But they've got to shore up their run D before I'm gonna pick them over the Falcons.
    RAVENS OVER DOLPHINS - I was surprised to see that Miami statistically ranks higher than the Ravens on offense AND on defense. Still, I'm taking Flacco at home over Henne.
    BILLS OVER DA BEARS - It's time, Bills. B/w note to Chicago- stop wasting Devin Hester's life force using him as a mediocre at best WR and let him do nothing but run back kicks. His kick returning was the main reason you made it to the Super Bowl a few years ago, you dumb asses. It sure as hell wasn't Rex Grossman- anybody this side of Shanascam & Son knows that.
    SAINTS OVER PANTHERS - Anything less than a cake walk would be a travesty.
    PATRIOTS OVER BROWNS - Ditto.
    JETS OVER LIONS - Detroit is a dangerous team, but the Jets can't afford an upset.
    CHARGERS OVER HOUSTON - Gates is out with a bad foot though, isn't he? Hmmm... I'm still picking SD because Rivers should light up that Houston secondary even if Gates doesn't play. Just looking at the stats it shouldn't even be close, but stats haven't stopped the Bolts from losing five games already.
    VIKINGS OVER CARDS - Man, if Minnesota loses this one Chilly might get canned right after the game. Cards really suck, though... even in a state of serious disarray, the Vikes have to win it.
    GIANTS OVER SEAHAWKS - I really wish Hasselhoff was playing... if so I'd be picking a Seattle upset here. Even though an old school bastard like me should love the Giants because of how they're winning (defense plus running game), I just don't believe they're all that good. Novemeber is the month that we find out who's who, so we'll see what it is real soon.
    RAIDERS OVER CHIEFS (GAME OF THE WEEK) - I am gonna LOVE this game... run, run, RUN. I'm taking the Raiders because it's in the Black Hole and I think the Chiefs will have a harder time passing the ball against Seymour and those dudes than Jason Campbell will against KC's defense. Even the best running team needs to have at least a little bit of passing ability... right now the Chiefs are number one rushing the ball and the number 32 throwing it. Too big of a disparity.
    EAGLES OVER COLTS - Philly's front four have GOT to bring some heat to Peyton Manning, or it's not gonna happen. I think they will- in the Andy Reid era the Eagles always come out well prepared after the bye. Manning's playing with guys who should be in the UFL, it's not like they're unbeatable. Plus Vick and Jackson will be back (although I think the Colts are still running Dungy's Tampa Two defense, which ALWAYS handled Mike Vick... I am a little worried about that, but I believe this is a different Vick than the one that the Bucs used to always shut down. And the Colts D is banged the f**k up).
    PACKERS OVER COWBOYS - It's over, Dallas.
    STEELERS OVER BENGALS - Pittsburgh bounces back from the Saints loss. Bengals keep sucking. Marvin should pull a Shanascam and yank Carson in the last two minutes for his twin brother Jordan, who probably can't be much worse.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Phill With 2 Ls said:
    WEEK 9

RAVENS OVER DOLPHINS - I was surprised to see that Miami statistically ranks higher than the Ravens on offense AND on defense. Still, I'm taking Flacco at home over Henne.

Yeah, we're ranked 17th after the Bills game. We'll drop a few spots in the coming weeks but the D is not same as it once was. On the other hand, Flacco is the top rated passer in the league since week 3. So we've got more balance. I expect today to be a tight, lowish scoring affair and for Miami to cover the spread. Ravens 17 Dolphins 13.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Gus Johnson is doing the Jets / Lions game.... Booooooo.

I swear he has done all the Chiefs game so far this year.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Did pretty bad last week, let's try it again:

ATL over TB - real vs fraud
    MIA over BAL - better team wins
    BUF over CHI - off the schneid, bears are horrible, martz is horrible
    NO over CAR - panthers suck
    NE over CLE - mangini sucks, could be close though
    DET over NYJ - upset
    HOU over SD - chargers can't do another 2nd half streak
    MIN over ARI - cards are bad
    NYG over SEA - blowout
    KC over OAK - chiefs better in every way except possibly pass rush
    PHI over IND - eagles off a bye, colts off a short week on the road
    GB over DAL - pack battle through injuries
    PIT over CIN - bengals upset? maybe, but pick the steelers

• My heart goes out to Buffalo. They always keep themselves in the game but just never get to win it. And this one looked like they were finally going to get one.

I changed the channel once the Giants were up 21-0 against Seattle. Critical Beatdown.

The AFC West minus Denver is going to be an interesting division to watch.

AND CLEVELAND! My goodness. Hillis is a monster wearing cleats.

• You have to say 'GOTDAMN" whats up with the Cowboys?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Gus Johnson is doing the Jets / Lions game.... Booooooo.

I swear he has done all the Chiefs game so far this year.

Wild game. Fucking coach blew that one not running it on 3rd down. My boy Suh almost wrapped up the ROTY with that PAT attempt.

• shooterali said:
    You have to say 'GOTDAMN" whats up with the Cowboys?

I can't believe that as a Skins fan I almost feel sorry for the Cowboys. But I don't see Hank Hill having a job come tomorrow morning. If anything, they might move Garrett up to head coach to see if he could do anything with the team OTHER THAN lose embarrassingly. All I know is that Kitna better make sure he has good insurance come next week. The G-Men are going to finish the job.

Oh, and Vick-Vick-Vickadelphia.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    DrWu said:
    Phill With 2 Ls said:
    WEEK 9

Yeah, we're ranked 17th after the Bills game. We'll drop a few spots in the coming weeks but the D is not same as it once was. On the other hand, Flacco is the top rated passer in the league since week 3. So we've got more balance. I expect today to be a tight, lowish scoring affair and for Miami to cover the spread. Ravens 17 Dolphins 13.

I guess I was wrong. Flacco looked sharp as fuck. Dude is the highest rated passer in the last 5 weeks. Too many weapons right now. I guess Crowder won't be calling Mason "Old Man" anymore after he lit the Fins up today.

• I'll admitt Flacco looked good yesterday, he had a solid game. Good luck on Thursday against the Falcons.

Giants looked thorough, hope this Sunday isn't a trap game against the Cowboys, heading to Philly for a Sunday night fight the week after. I can't wait to go after the dog killer. Speaking of which, the Eagles got lucky Peyton got sloppy at the end there, he almost did what he does, birds dodged a bullet there.

And so who is the worst team now, the Cowboys or the Panthers? They're both making a strong case for first draft pick this year.

F*cking Pats losing to the Browns. There really is no dominant team in the league this year.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:

And so who is the worst team now, the Cowboys or the Panthers? They're both making a strong case for first draft pick this year.

The Bills might have something to say too.

I'm going to the Saints-Cowboys game on Thanksgiving and will be getting a Cowboys jersey with the word "QUITTERS" across the back just for the occasion.......you'll also see me on TV with my Cowboys brown paper bag over my head.

• DB_Cooper said:
    F*cking Pats losing to the Browns. There really is no dominant team in the league this year.

This shit was ugly, the Patriots were resoundingly beaten. It looked a lot like last year's playoff loss to the Ravens

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    DB_Cooper said:

This shit was ugly, the Patriots were resoundingly beaten. It looked a lot like last year's playoff loss to the Ravens
    i tuned in when it was 10-0 browns and then just saw them get dismatnled
    then end was an embarassement
    i know someone who lost a lot on this ''safe'' game

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I've been trying to establish myself as a handicapper this season and so far...I truly suck at it.

This weekend I picked the Patriots who got blown out, the Jets who won but didn't cover, the Chiefs who lost and still didn't cover with 2.5 points thrown in on top, and the Giants who were my one saving grace. I also picked the Steelers tonight, but the way things are going...who knows?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Man the Pats if Pats lose to the Lions or Bills I am worried for Bobby Bandito's mental health, but I would not be surprised if they dropped either one. The Pats looked awful against a rookie Quarterback this weekend. Let's hear it for that "improving" secondary.

SoulOnIce said:
    DrWu said:

PATS, Tougher upcoming sched will show how good they really are.

They have some tough games coming up, but these are their remaining away games:

@ Browns

@ Steelers

@ Bears

@ Lions

@ Bills

how many of those look like losses? 2? 1?

it's unlikely Brady ends this season with his now-24-game home winning streak intact, but I'm glad to know the Colts/Jets/Packers/Fish have to come to NE and not vice-versa.

that Sunday night game in Pitt is gonna be epic. I'm looking at you, Raj.

• Options
    DrWu said:
    Man the Pats if Pats lose to the Lions or Bills I am worried for Bobby Bandito's mental health, but I would not be surprised if they dropped either one. The Pats looked awful against a rookie Quarterback this weekend. Let's hear it for that "improving" secondary.

The secondary was secondary in losing that game. It's easy for a quarterback, rookie or no, to look good when he has a monster like Hillis pounding out almost 200 yards.

The rookie also beat the Saints, so maybe he's something special. It would be nice for Cleveland fans to catch a break and find a franchise QB and running back in the same year they got fucked by LeBron.

Wade is the scapegoat for Jerry's fucked up personnel decisions.....Dallas does not have one great player at any position....Impossible to win with overrated talent,a terrible secondary and the worst O-Line in the league.

• Options
    edpowers said:
    Wade is the scapegoat for Jerry's fucked up personnel decisions.....Dallas does not have one great player at any position....Impossible to win with overrated talent,a terrible secondary and the worst O-Line in the league.

Ware is a great player, and Austin and Witten are very good. But that's about it.

Wade's gone and Garrett looked out of it during last night's game. If they win two more games it will be a surprise. They should be starting those Romo-to-Minnesota trade talks now.

• And just like that Wade is gone.
    I agree with Powers, Wade is the scapegoat, and I'll add that he got the job because he was Jerry's "yes" man. People have been saying for years that Jerry needs to put the ego aside and let someone else build that team. The last few drafts have been disasters for them.

Ware is a great player.

i forgot about Ware