The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• Options
    DJ_Enki said:
    Phill With 2 Ls said:
    i don't know if the Steelers can use him, but Moss needs to go to a team like that.

I don't want Randy Moss being employed by the Steelers as anything other than tackling dummy.

Yeah, he might not get along with the rapist quarterback. Can't have any character issues on that team.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    PRETENDERS:

JETS, I just do not believe that Sanchez will be able to handle the playoffs this year.
    CHIEFS, They could end up winning 11-12 games. There schedule is that easy this year. They will, however, not win a playoff game this year

CONTENDERS:

RAVENS, we look solid, some probs with special teams and an injury to our off line would set us way back
    SAINTS, 4 of next 5 look pretty winnable. They will get healthier and more dangerous as they go.
    PATS, Tougher upcoming sched will show how good they really are.
    GIANTS, Solid throughout

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    DrWu said:

PATS, Tougher upcoming sched will show how good they really are.

They have some tough games coming up, but these are their remaining away games:

@ Browns

@ Steelers

@ Bears

@ Lions

@ Bills

how many of those look like losses? 2? 1?

it's unlikely Brady ends this season with his now-24-game home winning streak intact, but I'm glad to know the Colts/Jets/Packers/Fish have to come to NE and not vice-versa.

that Sunday night game in Pitt is gonna be epic. I'm looking at you, Raj.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

that Sunday night game in Pitt is gonna be epic. I'm looking at you, Raj.

YES! First Off, I need to tip that hat to the Pats this year finding a way to win with little white dudes running up the middle and a young aggressive defense that inflicts PAIN. Plus you guys have a running game too. Just like the Colts.... insert player here and you guys win with a solid QB.

This is one of the most exciting NFL seasons I have witnessed in a long time.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

This is one of the most exciting NFL seasons I have witnessed in a long time.

• AFC Contenders:

1. Indianapolis Colts: Even with a tough schedule ahead of them, Ill take Peyton 'n'em as the class of the conference right now. The only thing Colts lack right now is a running game, but don't sleep on Brown and Hart. Hart is young and had a nice preseason. As long as the defense stays healthy and keeps opponents off the field Peyton will take control. Looks like the Colts are not done yet.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers: Also have a tough schedule ahead of them, but with the stingiest defense in the NFL, they're bound to make a run. That secondary needs to improve, McFadden and Taylor have been getting worked. Its bound to happen since you can't really run on the Steelers, but close up those holes. Their offense produces just enough to let the defense go to work. I'm worried about Mendenhall making it through the season, they've been running him so hard, although the last two weeks not too bad.

3-T. Baltimore Ravens: Although part of me wants to put them in the pretender camp since their offense is so hit and miss. Ray Rice has yet to have a big game, and Flacco got a pea shooter of an arm. But that defense, man oh man. And now with Ed Reed back. Still the Bills almost beat them at home. We'll see if this team is for real in the next few weeks.

3-T. New England Patriots: They have the best record in the league, and maybe four of their remaining games are challenges. Belichick and Brady are the best QB/coach combo in the NFL right now. But being so pass heavy I think they will miss Moss eventually. The defense is kind of meh, especially the secondary. I'm sort of suprised they are making a run since I thought this would be a rebuilding year (regarding the defense), but the Pats are perennial contenders.

5. New York Jets: Don't count them out just yet. Their defense is playing great, and they are running the ball well. As long as the games don't rest on Sanchez's shoulders they're going to do fine. The rest of their schedule is realtively tame. I see them back in the playoffs.

AFC Pretenders:
    Texans: I really thought the Texans were going to do well, but they've imploded. Foster has been a nice suprise for them, and the offense is pretty ok, but that defense will be their downfall.

AFC Could Suprise:
    Tennessee Titans: The team has been really hot or cold. The rest of the schedule, apart from their two games vs Indy, is somewhat easy. If they click they could make a run, they sure have been putting up points.

NFC Contenders:
    Just exactly who are the NFC contenders? I don't know. This is the weakest and most inconsistent the NFC has ever been. People are saying the Giants are the team to beat, but they obviously didn't watch their games vs the Colts and the Titans. Jon Kitna almost beat them in garbage time last Monday. The only good game the Giants have played was against the Texans, apart from that they've won ugly and purely on defensive efforts. The Eagles have all sorts of problems and drama, plus their coach is Andy Reid. The Falcons? They struggled the last four weeks before their bye, and their defense has been allowing too many points. The Saints are not the Saints of last year. They lost to the Browns, and had close games vs the Niners and the Panthers, not good signs. Their defense might be doing well, but they have no running game and Brees has been off this year. The Vikings and the Packers have both been total dissapointments.
    I just don't see any real strong teams in this conference. The Lions, the Rams, and the Bucs are going to keep suprising us.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:

2. Pittsburgh Steelers: Also have a tough schedule ahead of them, but with the stingiest defense in the NFL, they're bound to make a run. That secondary needs to improve, McFadden and Taylor have been getting worked. Its bound to happen since you can't really run on the Steelers, but close up those holes. Their offense produces just enough to let the defense go to work. I'm worried about Mendenhall making it through the season, they've been running him so hard, although the last two weeks not too bad.

The loss of Aaron Smith worries me more than anything else. Keisel being out is a problem as well.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    AFC Contenders:

3-T. Baltimore Ravens: Although part ]of me wants to put them in the pretender camp since their offense is so hit and miss. Ray Rice has yet to have a big game, and Flacco got a pea shooter of an arm. But that defense, man oh man. And now with Ed Reed back. Still the Bills almost beat them at home. We'll see if this team is for real in the next few weeks.

What are you talking about? The one thing that everyone seems to agree upon is that Flacco has a canon of arm. When he is set, he throws one of the nicer balls in the league both long and deep. His great problem is inconsistent accuracy due to bad footwork. Don't get me wrong. Flacco is not an elite QB yet. We all are waiting for him to start driving the bus as opposed to managing like has been. I think it cost us the New England game, where Flacco was picking apart their sorry DBs, but the coaches stopped letting him throw the ball down the field. My only other big complaint is that he seems to throw some really bad ints every other game. I am talking about total misses right to the other team. Saying dude has a pea shooter is disconnected from reality.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    True Cowboy fans are a trip....3 weeks ago the cheapest ticket you could get for a game was $250 for the nosebleed section.

Now they are practically giving that shit away......4 seats behind the Saints bench for the Thanksgiving game @$100.

One caller to the local sports station had the amazing conspiracy theory that the local business community had paid Jerry Jones off to NOT make the Super Bowl which is being held here this year because they would not realize the maximum profits of having two out of town teams bring in the Hotel/Restaurant/Entertaiment dollars.

And he seemed to believe it.

• Options
    AFC Contenders:

3-T. Baltimore Ravens: Although part ]of me wants to put them in the pretender camp since their offense is so hit and miss. Ray Rice has yet to have a big game, and Flacco got a pea shooter of an arm. But that defense, man oh man. And now with Ed Reed back. Still the Bills almost beat them at home. We'll see if this team is for real in the next few weeks.

What are you talking about? The one thing that everyone seems to agree upon is that Flacco has a canon of arm. When he is set, he throws one of the nicer balls in the league both long and deep. His great problem is inconsistent accuracy due to bad footwork. Don't get me wrong. Flacco is not an elite QB yet. We all are waiting for him to start driving the bus as opposed to managing like has been. I think it cost us the New England game, where Flacco was picking apart their sorry DBs, but the coaches stopped letting him throw the ball down the field. My only other big complaint is that he seems to throw some really bad ints every other game. I am talking about total misses right to the other team. Saying dude has a pea shooter is disconnected from reality.

So is referring to New England's "sorry DBs." They're getting better with every game and Devin McCourty is one of the league's best rookies.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    You guys are 31st in passing yds/gm, and you're total defense is ranked 25th. I hate to break it to you but you're defense sucks.

AFC Contenders:

So is referring to New England's "sorry DBs." They're getting better with every game and Devin McCourty is one of the league's best rookies.

• Options
    It was good enough to beat the Ravens. Maybe you should pay more attention to results than to stats.

Ask Chargers fans what stats are worth.

You guys are 31st in passing yds/gm, and you're total defense is ranked 25th. I hate to break it to you but you're defense sucks.

AFC Contenders:

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    How did work out for you guys last year in the playoffs? Oh, okay. Thanks for playing I don't know what I am talking about.

It was good enough to beat the Ravens. Maybe you should pay more attention to results than to stats.

AFC Contenders:

• Options
    As Tom Brady put it, "The Ravens sure do a lot of talking for beating us once in nine years."

How did work out for you guys last year in the playoffs? Oh, okay. Thanks for playing I don't know what I am talking about.

AFC Contenders:

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Pretenders:
    Dolphins.

Dolphins would be contenders...if not for that one game.......:yao:

GenePontecorvo said:
    edpowers said:
    Lol @ The Saints......3rd place never sounded this arrogant

LOL @ You. Your history of bad prognosticating speaks for itself. 0.5 games, dunny.

Two words.......

Jamarcus Russell

Don't sleep on San Diego.....they do this every year

Don't take The Giants too serious....they do this every year

Kansas City was a nice first half story.....reality check time

If Atlanta can get Home Field (which seems very likely looking at their schedule) they might get to the Super Bowl

• Options
    edpowers said:
    Don't sleep on San Diego.....they do this every year

Don't take The Giants too serious....they do this every year

Kansas City was a nice first half story.....reality check time

If Atlanta can get Home Field (which seems very likely looking at their schedule) they might get to the Super Bowl

No Norv Turner team will ever get the job done. The guy has no guts and is just not meant to be an NFL coach.

KC seems to be improving as they go and they'll be okay unless Oakland is for real.

The Giants look like the class of the NFC East, but that's not saying much this year.

Moss to the Titans ?? ...I don't get it

• edpowers said:
    Moss to the Titans ?? ...I don't get it

Kenny Britt is out for the next few weeks so the Titans are minus a #1 receiver. Quick fix

The Bills claimed Merriman aswell

• edpowers said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    edpowers said:
    Lol @ The Saints......3rd place never sounded this arrogant

LOL @ You. Your history of bad prognosticating speaks for itself. 0.5 games, dunny.

Two words.......

Jamarcus Russell

Look man, I have no idea what I may've once said about JaWalrus, but you misheard me, what I had said was "Rohan Davey".

Contenders: Saints

Pretenders: Everyone else

I'm riding this cocky streak til our Repeat. It's gonna be fun.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dallas, TX (AP) - A seven year old boy was at the center of a Dallas County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree reasonably possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys professional football team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

• AFC Contenders:

What are you talking about? Saying dude has a pea shooter is disconnected from reality.

Granted I haven't watched that many Ravens games, but in all the ones I watched his throws had no zip, and everytime he went deep the boy threw a rainbow with more arc than McDonald's. There is a reason for all those interceptions, he's a lollygagger.

• Options
    AFC Contenders:

What are you talking about? Saying dude has a pea shooter is disconnected from reality.

Granted I haven't watched that many Ravens games, but in all the ones I watched his throws had no zip, and everytime he went deep the boy threw a rainbow with more arc than McDonald's. There is a reason for all those interceptions, he's a lollygagger.

Tale of the tape shows he's got a better than average NFL arm and throws a better deep ball than most.

• I saw one ball thrown with zip at 3:25, apart from that its just highlights of Baltimore's receiving squad.

• Options
    Garcia_Vega said:
    I saw one ball thrown with zip at 3:25, apart from that its just highlights of Baltimore's receiving squad.

You're out there all alone on this. The one thing scouts and other NFL people talk about with Flacco is his impressive arm strength.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&q=joe+flacco+arm+strength&aq=1&aqi=g2&aql;=&oq=joe+flacco+arm&gs;_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=2289185d5cea093

• BobDesperado said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    I saw one ball thrown with zip at 3:25, apart from that its just highlights of Baltimore's receiving squad.

You're out there all alone on this. The one thing scouts and other NFL people talk about with Flacco is his impressive arm strength.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&q=joe+flacco+arm+strength&aq=1&aqi=g2&aql;=&oq=joe+flacco+arm&gs;_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=2289185d5cea093

Those references are from 2008. See also what the same scouts and people said about JaMarcus Russel in 2007.

• Options
    Garcia_Vega said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

Those references are from 2008. See also what the same scouts and people said about JaMarcus Russel in 2007.

They were right about Russell's arm strength. He just didn't have anything else to offer.

There are plenty of references in the Flacco search from 2009 and 2010, too.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i think this titans thing will work out
    but its still all about randy no matter how experienced the coach
    but he has more experience with that than bellichik

• pcmr said:
    i think this titans thing will work out
    but its still all about randy no matter how experienced the coach
    but he has more experience with that than bellichik

Childress saying that the Moss move was a "bad decision" spells FIRED!