MLB 2010 THREAD

Comments

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    cj wilson is sucking ass right now. looks like it'll be heading back to texas. knowing the yankees this shit will most likely go 7. heres to hoping lee can gem it up again.

• Options
    Grim LeRogue, weirdest Yankee fan ever!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/lunatic_rod_to_ruin_dr5yQkp4GqGm8L9AkwRMoN

His message to A-Rod: "You've ruined too many of our white queens."

• Best part of that article is that "Grim LeRogue...legally changed his name from Joe Rogan."

I bet the real Joe Rogan would've made it past those security guards.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yanks are coming back swinging...literally!

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    POSEY AND EM

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Hi Cosmo

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Uribe with the game winning sac fly. SF 3 to 1, who would have ever guessed

• Options
    Rooting for Rangers v Giants

b/w

I would have thought Buster Posey was a black guy.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Goddamn, what a game. Phillies need to stop bullshitting.

I'm thinking of playing hooky tomorrow to catch Game 5.

Lincecum, at home, clinching game? Vs. Halladay, trying to keep Philly alive?

EPIC IN THE MAKING

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Dodger fan nightmare

Cosmo said:

Oswalt looked like he was trying chin-check Uribe during that last at-bat.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Cosmo said:

Oswalt looked like he was trying chin-check Uribe during that last at-bat.

saying. i'm thinking it gets serious with the dust offs tomorrow w/ either ross or posey at the plate. lincecum can't really back that sort of thing up.

what a great game tonight though. GIANTS!!!!H

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Cosmo said:

The Phillies are crazy talented. it would be sheer folly to count them out even down 3-1 in the series. That said, go Giants!

• hate to say it, but giants got that mojo now. at this stage, all teams got talent...it boils down to who gets hot at the right time. we arent putting pieces together at the moment....giants are. i got comeback hopes, but its gonna be tough against the freak. cant wait for the game though...last night was awesome (despite catching the L)

tripledouble said:
    hate to say it, but giants got that mojo now. at this stage, all teams got talent...it boils down to who gets hot at the right time. we arent putting pieces together at the moment....giants are. i got comeback hopes, but its gonna be tough against the freak. cant wait for the game though...last night was awesome (despite catching the L)

Hey, I'm rooting for the Giants, but I'll extend the ray of hope by noting that if '04, '07 and even '08 teach us anything, it's that a 3-1 lead is never secure until the last game is won! I wouldn't count the Phillies out regardless of how streaky the Giants are right now. That said, if Cody Ross homers against Halladay early in the game? Panic mode time.

• tripledouble said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Wednesday tix copped.

oh, sorry bro. looks like the giants gonna be losing that one

oops.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    tripledouble said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Wednesday tix copped.

oops.

*chirp*

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Save the hubris for if / when you dudes wrap it in, my dude. Champions, that the Phillies currently hold the title of fight until the end

• oh dont get me wrong my dude I am not looking past you guys and as a Giants fan por vida i KNOW we know how to blow shots...i was reacting purely to tripledouble dude talmbout we gonna lose wednesday...we didn't.

• bout to head to my local and get a lil pre-game jamey taste.

cas, cos, tripledub: this is about to be a big game for the all of us.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    If there's one thing a Philly team knows how to do it's how to lose. Even with this dynamite squad. Tonight is gonna be murder my dude. Time to start drinking soon I think hahah...

• Also on the side of Phils & Yankees fans - if the odds aren't - is the fact that a Giants-Rangers WS is what all Mets fans are praying for. Which means somehow it won't happen.

This season has been like a febrile dream for Giants fans. At no point have the Giants seemed entitled to any post-season success. When the pitching was hot, the bats were cold and vice versa. After trailing the division most of the year, clinching the West in game 162 and blowing a 4-0 lead and a bases loaded one out opportunity in the 10th in Game 2 of the NLDS, even a 3-1 lead over the Phillies seems tenuous facing the incredibly scary Halladay in game 5 followed by two if-necessaries in Philly. At this point, the NLCS has been the gravy on the cake, a World Series berth would be the whipped cream and cherry on top of the gravy and cake sundae.

maocontent said:
    Also on the side of Phils & Yankees fans - if the odds aren't - is the fact that a Giants-Rangers WS is what all Mets fans are praying for.

Mets fans should be fairly used to not getting what they want.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    seriously, phillies fans: if you haven't seen a giants game all season, the one tonight epitomized the season. ugh. so many dumb plays.

• JimBeam said:
    seriously, phillies fans: if you haven't seen a giants game all season, the one tonight epitomized the season. ugh. so many dumb plays.

sloppy sloppy game. but the shit was a lot of fun, like the wednesday game.
    kungfu panda wasnt looking too nimble out there

• rootlesscosmo said:
    tripledouble said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Wednesday tix copped.

oops.

they lost mentally. the series is ours.

just playing. this has been a lot of fun to watch and i'll definitely be rooting for whoever represents the national league.
    that being said, time for our bats to wake up tomorrow night. go phils

• COREY KILGANNON (IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME...), REVEAL THYSELF!