What is the rarest record you own?

13»

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Yuqqa said:

Dia Prometido - s/t on Iranian Royal label. Haven't seen many copies around.

Hava Naguila

Sound Of Silence

I would like to own this on vinyl.

I can't remember where (I think it was in an ebay listing for this record) , but I read that these dudes caught serious heat years later for having recorded 'Hava Nagila', which was unusual even at the time.

• Definitely my Biz Markie 'Just a Friend' Acetate with an alternate beat. Only on the acetate. Maybe 5 copies in existence, if that many.

• Cosmo said:
    Yuqqa said:

Dia Prometido - s/t on Iranian Royal label. Haven't seen many copies around.

Hava Naguila

Sound Of Silence

I would like to own this on vinyl.
    he had posted it for trade in the want/trades section a while back.

• dunno about rarity, but its certainly the one it took the longest to find.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    "Expensive Shit" Nigerian press.
    is there a lookalike reissue of the nigerian press with the blue red labels?

• blockoblocko 43 Posts
    mine are probably,

KLUSTER - KLOPFZEICHEN with the black plastic relief cover

and

KALACAKRA - CRAWLING TO LHASA

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    dopeshit said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    "Expensive Shit" Nigerian press.
    is there a lookalike reissue of the nigerian press with the blue red labels?

On Sound Workshop?

I'm pretty sure there isn't a repress other than the US Makossa and the Kalakuta from the box set.

• good news, it smelled like an og anyway, paid about 3,7??? for this

• mc richie rich & scratch lp. this was a cassette only release but a few vinyl test pressings were made. old school milwaukee rap from the early 90's. the only one that ever sold on ebay went for $1800.00. a 7" of 2 songs from the lp was re-issued on jamille records.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Finally got a working jpeg of the Black Seeds up. This was from the same series as the East of Underground LP. The first and second place winners of a military band competition in Germany got to record their set and release this album. Picked it up at a record swap in Newark, CA about 10+ years ago for something like $25.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "Black and Beautiful" on the Jihad label...

or this Mulatu 45 I copped on Ebay for 10 dollars.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    A test pressing of "Ice Ice Baby" by what sounds like a black guy called "Kamil Nice". I assume that it's the only one in existence.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Los Melodicos 7" of "La Murga De Panama"

On Discolando?

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    got to be...
    OG Jr + Soulettes 'psychodelic sounds' - unwarped decent playable VG- to VG.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Probably a mispressing with Neil Young Hey Hey My My b/w Dave Edmunds Creature From the Black Lagoon.

I remember asking for it in the local mom n pop record shop, Reggie Reed's in Rye Lane, Peckham. The old granny with the blue rinse beehive had been there since the 50s, and knew every catalogue number of the new releases off by heart. As she pulled the 45 from a box she said I'd been lucky as they were just about to reseal the box and return them for destruction. Apparently her shop had been unlucky enough to get the only dud batch. Eyeroll.
    I walked out thinking one day this will be worth a million, y'know, once Dave Edmunds took his deserved place at the top of the pop hitmakers parade, austerity Britain's low-rent but real 'n' raw blue collar rocker.

Well it is worth a million now - a million fucking Zimbabwe bingbangs.

::::::::::::Breeeeaaaaaaaaaakfaaaaaaaaaace :::::::::::::::::::

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Black Savage

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    El Presidiario

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    doisn said:
    El Presidiario

:face_melt:

:beerbang:

• I guess this is my rarest record. Not an insane $1000 Grail, but pretty tough to get still. Mine's mint too:

• djmario said:
    I guess this is my rarest record. Not an insane $1000 Grail, but pretty tough to get still. Mine's mint too:

This has "The Name of the Game" right?

• bobtheorange said:
    djmario said:
    I guess this is my rarest record. Not an insane $1000 Grail, but pretty tough to get still. Mine's mint too:

This has "The Name of the Game" right?

It sure does!

• Cleo Jackson w/ Huck & The Soul Patrol - I'm The Reason 45
    Cosmic Flight Inc. - Untitled 5 song demo EP / 12" thing
    Tony Fort - Hooked Around Your Body 45

I also have some awesome song poem stuff, but I'm not sure of the numbers pressed on any of them --

Anything else monumentally rare has been cashed out.

• Only stuff that I currently own

Kozmonaut - Flieg LP
    http://www.discogs.com/Kozmonaut-Flieg/release/2340407

1000 pressed up, but they were never sold. All copies were supposed to be discarded, but a few (only one?) survivied. Found this in a Bay Area thrift store this year.
    --------
    Don Scott - Love With Me 45
    http://www.discogs.com/Don-Scott-Love-With-Me-Loving-You/release/1900933

Self released 45. This record was sold through one single recordstore in Santa Cruz on commission basis for a short period of time. Only very few copies of this 45 were ever sold. It has no sales history at all. I have a copy up for sale right now.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/DON-SCOTT-Love-Me-VERY-RARE-Modern-SOUL-45-gem-/390262525673?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5add758ee9
    --------
    Fame - Change 45

Recent discovery. Tracked down the producer. Late 70's Bay Area release. Only very few pre-release copies pressed up as they had contract disputes with the band. Sold a copy; still have a personal copy. Have never seen another copy of this anywhere nor any info besides my Popsike/Collectorsfrenzy copy.
    --------
    Danny Williams - A Brand New Love Affair 45

The other Danny Williams release. Discovered this record in 2008 when it was unknown. Sold one copy this year, still have a personal copy. No other copies have ever surfaced to my knowledge.
    Attached files

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i have a test press of the Rhythm Machine LP.

acetate of Chuck Womack & the Sweet Souls 45.

Ray Dobards (owner of Music City Records) bottom dentures.

• jinx74 said:
    i have a test press of the Rhythm Machine LP.

Ha HA, no you don't! It is mine now!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    undreal said:
    Definitely my Biz Markie 'Just a Friend' Acetate with an alternate beat. Only on the acetate. Maybe 5 copies in existence, if that many.

I'm gonna talk to Biz about this and get the whole story!

• subsub 311 Posts
    http://waxidermy.com/bangkok-17-im-somebody-ep/

i guess this one. never saw it anywhere and even people that are into thai stuff that i asked about it had never heard about it.

soul/funk from thailand whith a light afro feel to it (at least in the hook) and some "interesting" english pronouncation....

• subsub 311 Posts
    peinti said:
    Only stuff that I currently own

Kozmonaut - Flieg LP
    http://www.discogs.com/Kozmonaut-Flieg/release/2340407

1000 pressed up, but they were never sold. All copies were supposed to be discarded, but a few (only one?) survivied. Found this in a Bay Area thrift store this year.
    --------

sounds pretty dope....

• subsub 311 Posts
    or maybe this one? 200 copy, hand made cover german avant jazz. up for trades if anyone is interested:

http://www.popsike.com/AK-MUSIK-ONE-OF-THE-RAREST-GERMAN-PRIVAT-LPS-VON-1972/300142018617.html