What is the rarest record you own?

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    ok, going way back, probably this, I know of one other person who has this 45, would love to know of others. The person who posted it on youtube used my soundclip & picture.

• Reynaldo said:

Nice repress dude!

Photobucket

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    picoandsepulveda said:
    Reynaldo said:

Nice repress dude!

Photobucket
    Tim P had the white labeled version listed as the og on his site, and he was sent that by Tommy (Rock A Shacka) as I don't think he even owns a copy.

But I'm sure you both have copies doe.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    picoandsepulveda said:
    Reynaldo said:

Nice repress dude!

Photobucket
    Nice mouse rink.

• Very good little dude. i have SEEN Tommy play the white label & never said the color of the label had anything to do with it being a repress. White label did get a repress and even that is tough to find. Last time he (Tommy) was here he played an altogether different chinese rocksteady tune that murders the Cheng tune. it will eventually surface.

and hey, you still made about the stir-fried grits comment huh? lol!

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I'll let you know when I get some.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    ParkdaleFunk said:

:holygrail:

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Black Seeds. For whatever reason I can't post a jpeg of it that I have.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I've got some tough Gospel singles that probably were pressed at about 250/300 levels and distributed only at churches, concerts, and maybe the local one-stop. There are some local releases that pop up that I've never seen or heard of outside of my copy. Granted, that's only from my limited perspective. Perception of rarity is what we invariably speak about when we can't get, you know, the order manifest straight from the artist (who is sometimes the least reliable source regarding their own pressing numbers).

• YuqqaYuqqa 15 Posts

Dia Prometido - s/t on Iranian Royal label. Haven't seen many copies around.

Hava Naguila

Sound Of Silence

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Murder of Crows- The Greenhouse

Early Elliott Smith cassette, all songs still unreleased except for Coraliza. The first recognizably "Elliott" sounding project. Contains several early versions of songs he later released. Sold to friends and at one local record store. Probably less than 30 copies ever in existence.

• a copy of nucleus - roots signed by ian carr.

• Yuqqa said:

Sound Of Silence

1969 producer: Charmers w/ girls Choir:

• suck tha tippg of my charmers baatchc hahahah!!

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    Dont have many rare records, but maybe I can mention Victor Cavini - Japan (1983) and Nicodemus - Spacechild Squall.

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    [img]
    Hava Naguila

ILL...has this been sampled?

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    I paid ??1500 for this 10 years ago, never seen it since

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

I guess one of the rarer ones and definetly one of the best

• Not that many raers in my collection. I am seriously in awe of some of the stuff that most of you cop though. Probably Lyman Woodard- Saturday Night Special or Inner Space OST on Festival would be the most elusive I own.

• just thought of this one...its gotta be pretty raer. Dianne said she recorded this when she was 14(shes the piano player) and doesnt recall them ever being in shops...she tried to get my copy from me but she was satisfied with me just putting it on a disc for her...nothing facemelting, but a nice little soul jazz instro

http://www.divshare.com/download/7619809-ee5

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    a copy of nucleus - roots signed by ian carr.

Autographed a/k/a defaced copies of otherwise common records are not eligible

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    probably some local private press underground rap records.
    pretty sure they were only sold in my town...

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    a copy of nucleus - roots signed by ian carr.

Autographed a/k/a defaced copies of otherwise common records are not eligible

I have a autographed copy of MJ "Thriller". I'm the one that signed it but,,,still, it's autographed.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I have a copy of a friends bands' Ep that they pressed in very small numbers just before they broke up and never actually released which very few people outside of the band have a copy of. so neh.

Pointlessly rare.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Mine is Und on EMI. I came across only two copies in my life. No info on google. Never seen on eBay.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I have two acetates of two rappers I used to produce and DJ for. Their manager pressed up one of each of them for shows and other events we used to to. These were made in 2004. I've gotten some major offers for them. Both rappers had some 12 inches in 2003 that got a lot of support in the DMV area.

Also, some other local (B-more) releases that were 100 copies only.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I dunno probably East Of Underground. That or my X-Clan album instrumental show acetates.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yuqqa said:

Dia Prometido - s/t on Iranian Royal label. Haven't seen many copies around.

Hava Naguila

Sound Of Silence

I would like to own this on vinyl.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    I dunno probably East Of Underground. That or my X-Clan album instrumental show acetates.

I have X-Clan (and Professor X) show instrumentals as well. I showed one to Brother J when I opened up for him several years ago, and he bugged out--he said he hadn't seen those records since Sugar Shaft passed.