The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• Options
    Risingson said:
    Love the Redskins with old color gold pants

Loved the Eagles in the 1960 throwbacks, I think Vick is the fastest player I've ever seen on the football field, some of the plays he made with his legs yesterday, WOW!!

Deion Sanders was faster.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Risingson said:

Loved the Eagles in the 1960 throwbacks, I think Vick is the fastest player I've ever seen on the football field, some of the plays he made with his legs yesterday, WOW!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Cowboys looked like crap in every facet of the game even though there were some decent individual efforts.

Honestly, I'm not worried until Kosier and Columbo get healthy and shore up the offensive line.

They'll be 10-6 and make the playoffs.

Beyond that I expect nothing....Garrett's offensive gameplans are pathetic.

Dez Bryant will be a serious contender for ROY.

Miles Austin is an legit elite receiver and one of the three running backs need to step up.

Romo is an above average QB with no leadership qualities.

Wade Phillips = Hank Hill

Jerry Jones was disappointed when he learned his ego wouldn't fit in the new stadium.

And we're in the weakest divison.

• And we're in the weakest divison.

no you're not.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    This is gonna be a long muhfuckin year.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Jets O = Sad Trombone

PS JESUS FUCKIN CHRIST

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Matt Leinert > Mark Sanchez

On a positive note, it's great to see the Chiefs not be a laughingstock. I think Dexter McClester will do great things in the pros.

• Risingson said:

Loved the Eagles in the 1960 throwbacks!

YES
    both looks are great
    Redskins especially fitting in the "Over The Hill Gang"-era unis
    Eagles REALLY need to go back to the kelly greens full time... would be perfect way to officially close the McNabb era

throwbacks the Packers are gonna wear this year are gonna be some serious WTF schitt..

• Options
    I think the Jets are fucked.

And I'm happy about that.

Thomas Jones and Leon Washington and Alan Faneca should have a good laugh about tonight's abortion.

Best visual of the night was "The Sanchize" tossing the diva hands up in the air and yelling at his OC in the 4th quarter with that "what do you expect me to do about it" look. That was just beautiful.

Cromartie looked like shit, too. All night.

I'll bet a lot of people want their Super Bowl picks back right now.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Jets O = Sad Trombone

Weird game. I like what I say from Boldin and TJ. Flacco looks alternately brilliant and subsequently retarded. As he goes, so do we.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Preaching to the choir with this I'm sure, but Sanchez is out of his league. Looked like a high school qb last night. Wasn't even looking downfield, even when he absolutely needed to. Plus ,he's got that USC silver spoon attitude that just isn't going to cut it in the L. To his credit, his receivers suck as well and couldn't get open for shit. Holmes of course will be a welcome addition in a few weeks. But Sanchez alone is really going to hold that team back from meeting its expectations this year. They'd probably be better off just starting Brunell at this point.

• DrWu said:
    RAJ said:
    Jets O = Sad Trombone

Weird game. I like what I say from Boldin and TJ. Flacco looks alternately brilliant and subsequently retarded. As he goes, so do we.

Boldin and TJ looked great, but its not hard to pick on a rookie corner when you're a pro-bowler. I was suprised Cromartie was having such trouble too, but Boldin is such a beast. But what I really want to know is, what's up with Flacco's limp noodle of an arm? He was throwing candy ass passes all night.

On another note, I think people are expecting too much from Sanchez too soon. It was game 1 of his second season, give the kid a break. That said, there is no excuse for 6 first downs. I know its hard running against the Ravens, but man, that was sad.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Jets are going 8-8 this year, unless somebody lays down for them at the end of this season like they did last year. And all the preseason shit-talk is going to be thrown back at them by every broadcaster in the country. Sanchez is in the bottom third of the league on his best day, and he's not going to have a lot of good ones this year.

J-E-T-S FUCK-ING-SUCK this year. They'd be better off fielding these dudes:

• Options
    Dear Jets:

I would like to bring to your attention a football innovation that many NFL teams use to great effect.

It's called the forward pass.

Smooches,

Vince Lombardi

• Pats are going to have a field day with them next week. Tom Bieber looked all business versus Cincy. That young defense looked pretty tough too. I know its only week one, but the Pats are flying under the radar and on the hunt, dangerous combination.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Pats are going to have a field day with them next week. Tom Bieber looked all business versus Cincy. That young defense looked pretty tough too. I know its only week one, but the Pats are flying under the radar and on the hunt, dangerous combination.

Garcia_Vega said:

On another note, I think people are expecting too much from Sanchez too soon. It was game 1 of his second season, give the kid a break. That said, there is no excuse for 6 first downs. I know its hard running against the Ravens, but man, that was sad.

I know, we expect him to at least look at his receivers down field beofre checking down to his tight end and rb's. You're right, that's way too much to expect from a Pee-Wee League qb.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Jets are going 8-8 this year,

There are 6-8 teams worse than that Jets team I saw last night?

Yikes.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

I know, we expect him to at least look at his receivers down field beofre checking down to his tight end and rb's. You're right, that's way too much to expect from a Pee-Wee League qb.

I honestly couldn't care less about Sanchez, but rookie mistakes and bullshit happens. His receivers were covered for the majority of the night, the o-line wasn't holding well, and Sanchez was straight up scared. Also its not like they got a lot of plays off period.

Garcia_Vega said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

I honestly couldn't care less about Sanchez, but rookie mistakes and bullshit happens. His receivers were covered for the majority of the night, the o-line wasn't holding well, and Sanchez was straight up scared. Also its not like they got a lot of plays off period.

Yeah, not trying to argue with you...but 1. he's not a rookie, 2. he wasn't even LOOKING downfield, and 3. he's a crybaby with zero leadership qualities. The Jets are fucked for putting so much faith in him.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Preaching to the choir with this I'm sure, but Sanchez is out of his league. Looked like a high school qb last night. Wasn't even looking downfield, even when he absolutely needed to. Plus ,he's got that USC silver spoon attitude that just isn't going to cut it in the L. To his credit, his receivers suck as well and couldn't get open for shit. Holmes of course will be a welcome addition in a few weeks. But Sanchez alone is really going to hold that team back from meeting its expectations this year. They'd probably be better off just starting Brunell at this point.

At least with Brunnell, you have experience and talent. All the offensive line would need to do is give him 3 to 4 seconds and he could dump it off for a short gain or find someone in the middle for a first down play. Brunell doesn't have that downfield arm like he used to, but he would be an efficient quarterback. And at this point, with the type of defense the Jets have, all they need is an efficient quarterback. But that won't happen because Sanchez will still be playing. That is until Fireman Ed boos him for poor play.

I wanted them to yank Kyle Wilson early, and Sanchez later on. Coaching was not on pt last night. Disastrous. Need to make some major adjustments.

And "The Terminator" looked like "The Termite" trying to block Ray Lewis.

• the Jets were overrated last year to. They werent a playoff team then & they arent now. They only made the playoffs because Indy bent over to take in the ass after 14-0. Remember Rex even saying after the Falcons loss how the Jets were done? 2 good playoff performances & he expects Sanchez to be Tom Brady this year. He needs a slap in the head with all this soon to be champs s**t. Way too much pressure for the team & especially Sanchez.
    Letting Jones & Faneca go was a big mistake to. Sean Greene looked bad last night, coughing it up twice & a horrendous drop on a screen pass late on. Jenkins done for the year already......8-8 at best

Hard to blame them on the Ines Sainz stuff though. What red blooded male could resist?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    DrWu said:
    RAJ said:
    Jets O = Sad Trombone

Boldin and TJ looked great, but its not hard to pick on a rookie corner when you're a pro-bowler. I was suprised Cromartie was having such trouble too, but Boldin is such a beast. But what I really want to know is, what's up with Flacco's limp noodle of an arm? He was throwing candy ass passes all night.

I guess I saw it a bit differently. At times Flacco was rocketing the ball down field on a rope (Big Heap play, Boldin over CB shoulder and that out to Mason) other times he was inaccurate or floating it. He kinda plays that way. Sometimes brilliant, sometimes not, often in the same game.

Sanchez was not to blame. He is not that great of a passer if they don't have the run game working. And nobody is running on Ngata/the front 3 of the Ravens. Once they took that away, the Ravens dropped into the zone and took away everything but the check downs. EdPOwers better think again when he says that D is over the hill. We wont know what is up until we play a better O and those untested DBs have to do some real work but a team like the Jets is just easy pickings for us at this point.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Chiefs are in first place!

• Just reading about Leonard Weaver today. Shredded 3 ligaments & has severe nerve damage in that left knee....

And Laurence Maroney is a Bronco, hurrah, another wasted draft pick in Denver