1235»

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    And that's a (w)rap, as it were.

Wyclef out

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Yup. We tried to tell Harvey.

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    Surely if WJ was sincere & serious in his shot for the presidency this will only be a temporary setback. the country is still going to have real problems stemming from the earthquake for decades
    All it would take would be a move back to the country he obviously loves to do some much needed work in those parts of Haiti that nobody else is apparently going to & run again after 5 years when the next election comes round.

Seems like it's come time for him to back his words up with some real world moves.

Or maybe he'll go back to making terrible music and this will all have been some horrible opportunistic publicity stunt, I hope not.

• When Wyclef Jean announced his intentions to run for the Haitian presidency, Sean Penn was ???suspicious.???

At a concert on Friday, Wyclef slammed Sean during one of his songs, accusing him of ???sniffing cocaine.???

The accusations are not true, according to his rep.

???Mr. Jean is clearly unfamiliar with the physical demands put upon volunteers in Haiti,??? Sean???s rep tells JustJared.com. ???As aid workers there, the notion of depleting the body???s immune system thru the use of illicit drugs is ludicrous. More specifically, J/P Haitian Relief Organization (a.k.a. JPHRO) has a ZERO tolerance policy for any and all illegal drugs. As the leader of this organization, Sean Penn has not only set this policy, but adheres to it. That Mr. Jean would make such a false accusation is reckless and saddening, but not surprising.???

Shouldn???t we be worrying about Haiti???s problems rather than picking a fight?

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/09/06/sean-penn-refutes-wyclef-jeans-false-accusations/#ixzz0ys3KXWjq

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• Wyclef=epic asshurt

• The_Hook_Up said:
    Wyclef=epic asshurt

yeah, it's a real shame he didn't have the opportunity to wield state power.

Could you be any more of a troll, dude?

• harvey=epic asshurt

Over 200 years worth, yep.

• i'm positive i'll regret asking you this, but what is this "200 years worth" that you are referring to that is the cause of your ass-hurtedness?

• i gotta say i was semi open to a wyclef presidential run. semi. just in a it will shake things up and maybe get people excited about the future with their new figurehead kind of way.

damn, seeing that clip pretty much cemented my feeling that its a blessing he's not in the running. what a self centered petty troll. prima donna ass celebrities high on themselves are real bad news. whether it be sports, music or the stage...okay, you make lots of money, get jocked by everyone and got groupies for days, but have a dose of humility, please.

without being extremely well versed in his activism, i'm not mad at sean penn at all and have an open ear to what he has to say. this is a dude who shunned media attention for a good long while...id wager a guess that he's not in haiti and traveling to the mideast to be a media starlet.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

When Wyclef Jean announced his intentions to run for the Haitian presidency, Sean Penn was ???suspicious.???

At a concert on Friday, Wyclef slammed Sean during one of his songs, accusing him of ???sniffing cocaine.???

The accusations are not true, according to his rep.

???Mr. Jean is clearly unfamiliar with the physical demands put upon volunteers in Haiti,??? Sean???s rep tells JustJared.com. ???As aid workers there, the notion of depleting the body???s immune system thru the use of illicit drugs is ludicrous. More specifically, J/P Haitian Relief Organization (a.k.a. JPHRO) has a ZERO tolerance policy for any and all illegal drugs. As the leader of this organization, Sean Penn has not only set this policy, but adheres to it. That Mr. Jean would make such a false accusation is reckless and saddening, but not surprising.???

Shouldn???t we be worrying about Haiti???s problems rather than picking a fight?

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/09/06/sean-penn-refutes-wyclef-jeans-false-accusations/#ixzz0ys3KXWjq

Not very presidential of the Clef.

z_illa said:

Blanket uproar over Wyclef's alleged misdeeds....but not a single peep on this one. Hooray, Soulstrut!

• Look! Over there! Christine O'Donnell!!