What's your ULTIMATE vinyl "WANT" ?? Grail of all Grails.

Comments

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I'd like to walk into my local thrift and come out with an OG Sounds of Liberation, but until then the re-ish I bought will have to do. Khan Jamal's Drum Dance to the Motherland would be nice as well: both filed side by side at the thrift please.

Like Rey, could use a clean Frimpong as well.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    After a few days of obsessive listening I'd like to add Hendrickson Road House to my list pleasethankyou.

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    Off course, there's a lot of rare records I'm still after, but this is my nr. 1 holy grail:

Open Sky Unit, one of the rarest Belgian jazzfunk records. Such an amazing record. I'm from Belgium and I haven't seen a single copy for sale in real life...

• i love this song almost as much as my ex gf.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    Blast Kid said:
    Off course, there's a lot of rare records I'm still after, but this is my nr. 1 holy grail:

Open Sky Unit, one of the rarest Belgian jazzfunk records. Such an amazing record. I'm from Belgium and I haven't seen a single copy for sale in real life...
    This was reissued at some point right?

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts

This is up there with a few others that I will probably never own.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    goatboy said:
    After a few days of obsessive listening I'd like to add Hendrickson Road House to my list pleasethankyou.

I remember Beutiful World Syndicate in Philadelphia had this a few years back. I never bothered to ask how much it was, but that's probably the last time I'll ever see it in the field.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    pickwick33 said:

Hey I got that. I only listened to one side and don't really want to keep it, but I can't be bothered to sell it to you either, sorry.

( ;-) http://www.louielouie.net/blog/?p=226)

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    tabira said:
    pickwick33 said:

Hey I got that. I only listened to one side and don't really want to keep it, but I can't be bothered to sell it to you either, sorry.

This was actually a greeting card and never came with a record, there are 8 in the series I think. We had them all on the wall at one time, but now it seems one or two have gone missing.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    tabira said:
    pickwick33 said:

This was actually a greeting card and never came with a record, there are 8 in the series I think. We had them all on the wall at one time, but now it seems one or two have gone missing.

I think I have them all now.
    A few seem to be harder to find, Communist Party Songs, and Piano Pieces I think were the last I added.
    They sell pretty cheap. (Which is why I think Pickwick was making a joke.)

They sell pretty cheap. (Which is why I think Pickwick was making a joke.)

that's right, i was

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    [del]They sell pretty cheap.[/del] The records/grails-of-grails don't actually exist (Which is why I think Pickwick was making a joke.)

I think it's safe to laugh now

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I found one of those which was a homosexual themed thing, had two guys holding hands on the cover, it was kind of weird to see such a brazen artifact, definitely non-PC.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

• i dont even care any more, but ive been wanting a copy of sound of sunforest for a decade plus
    and trinikas and byrdie green - sister byrdie and mohawks Champ LP. all long time wants that when i finally get them it will be anticlimactic.

my real holy grail is to really come up at a flea market....like buying 3 crates of exciting records for peanuts. hasnt happened in years, but i'm just waiting for that mythical load to show up

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    the expos - "your best friend and me"

had the chance to coppeth last time i was in chicago, but had no transport to where it laid.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    ha ha, yeah that's the one, hadn't seen it for years.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    it's not particularly valuable (steady $400 record, pricey but not ZOMG) ...
    it's not especially rare, turns up on eBay a few times a year ...

but damned if I haven't wanted this 45 since I was a teenager, almost 25 years:

Greg Cartwright of the Reigning Sound/Oblivians sometimes sits in with us at our DJ nights and he plopped this on the turntable the other night and I was like "you bastard!" A long time want of mine as well...

No reissue of this anywhere? song is nuts!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Burns said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    SoulOnIce said:

Greg Cartwright of the Reigning Sound/Oblivians sometimes sits in with us at our DJ nights and he plopped this on the turntable the other night and I was like "you bastard!" A long time want of mine as well...

there is a 10" EP on Sundazed with this tune

The_Hook_Up said:
    Burns said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    SoulOnIce said:

And it also appears on the first Nuggets box set.

I also happen to have it on a 7" EP that Sundazed released a while back.

I guess if you'll settle for a reissue, then "I'm Five Years Ahead Of My Time" shouldn't take that much effort to track down. But it sounds like the person in question was looking for an ***original***, which is a whole nother thang...

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Beat-Bop original PC. It will satiate my love for Basquiat and Rammellzee in one fell swoop.

An almost realistic one is the Ashford & Simpson Bourgie,Bourgie 12" without the error. Although I've never seen it.

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    Manduro3000 said:
    Grope said:
    no horselmat wants? if so... pm me
    That Horselmat LP is still my top want

Funny story of my Dutch friend standing in a book/record store in Den Haag back in the early 90s.
    He has his elderly mother with him, and while he's busy talking to the store owner his mum reaches down and pulls a record from the front of a pile, only happens to be a mint original copy of Sabu - Afro Temple to which she says Is this something for you son?

He pays the store owner 10 guilders, around $7 back then and walks out with a big smile on his face....

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    its still possible to find that brit jazz stuff, i reckon getting in with the flatcap and pipe 60 plus ronnie scott's crowd is your best shot.

or giving Don Rendall a call (8min40sec)

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    goatboy said:
    Blast Kid said:

This was reissued at some point right?

Yes, the Whatmusic.com reissue is easy to find.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Forgot that Har-You is a top want too. Easily #1 Latin Grail. One day, I'll prob throw down but not anytime soon

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Burns said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    SoulOnIce said:

Sundazed also put it out as a 45, I would love an OG too as I only have a reissue.

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts
    TheDollarBinDon said:
    someone here must have a double of this!
    I have this, unplayed & with obi, PM an offer. Includes an unreleased 'Brief Encounter' track.
    Attached files

• Nigh on 20 years and still after a UK OG of the Tomorrow LP on Parlophone.