TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Fear not, I suspect even a flimsy slap from my wrist would result in a season out for poor balsa boy Theo so would never dare to touch a hair on the little lad's head. Mr Stationary would get the full cuff though. They all offer various degrees of irritation and smugness (I do reserve a special hatred for "Dunc") but it's the feeling that if Theo could he'd refer to himself in the third person that gnaws at my inner calm.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Regarding Ingerland; the best part was seeing 3, yes 3, Arsenal players getting in the team. Would've like to have seen Jack get more time though, if they're going to skip him passed the U21s, then don't just sit him on the bench. Walcott was his usual enigmatic self. Gibbs looked very good.
    The worst part was seeing Milner come on for Rooney, although that led to the other highlight, seeing Wayne booed by 50,000 people, he must have loved that.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Okem said:
    punchable

It seems once these folks have amassed personal fortunes, either by manic hard work or good luck, they adopt the "I've made millions so I must be right" personality and being to perceive the rest of us fiscal mortals as little dunces.

To me the stresses of an 18 hr day is just not worth any amount of money.

I guess even the most humble of origins can be forgotten if you practice "You're fired!" in the mirror for long enough.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Okem said:
    Regarding Ingerland; the best part was seeing 3, yes 3, Arsenal players getting in the team.

I reckon, or at least hope, that by the time Euro 2012 rolls around there will be more than 3 of Arsenal's current yoot in the senior side. Whenever I've seen them play, they just don't look like English footballers, which is the highest compliment I can pay them.

• Ok.
    I'm in for the Fantasy Footy again.
    I'll be trying to stick around so I don't get booted and lose the bragging rights of finishing 22nd this year!!

Team name is Flamongo.

Is Gibbs really THAT good?
    I saw him a few times and wasn't too impressed..was more impressed with the young right back at Everton..Seamus something??

Although they got good money for Carvalho, I think Chelsea may regret selling him so soon..especially if Terry continues to play like his personality this year. Not that I'm that worried..

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Obertan to please learn this manoeuvre for his next goal celebration.

• OckaOcka 13 Posts
    Fantasy Football
    I was forced to sold 'TShrt, Jeans & Nikes' over the summer. I am now coaching a new, yet slightly more grown up, team. I would appreciate if I was allowed to play the first 37 weeks; my life, it's not very exciting.

Sincerely,
    Sir Oskarinho

Ocka said:
    Fantasy Football
    I was forced to sold 'TShrt, Jeans & Nikes' over the summer. I am now coaching a new, yet slightly more grown up, team. I would appreciate if I was allowed to play the first 37 weeks; my life, it's not very exciting.

Sincerely,
    Sir Oskarinho

Granted.

Don't be a stranger doe.

4 times in 6 years...

Even us married folk get it more. ;)

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I'M GUESSING THE SOLITARY MAN UTD SCUM IN DOCMCCOY'S TEAM IS TONY VALENCIA.

THE GUY'S A LEGEND.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY

• OckaOcka 13 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Ocka said:
    Fantasy Football

Sincerely,
    Sir Oskarinho

Granted.

Don't be a stranger doe.

4 times in 6 years...

Even us married folk get it more. ;)
    Thank you.

I blame the board crashes and such. I should have AT LEAST 7-8 posts. Which would then match that other number.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Paul said:
    I'M GUESSING THE SOLITARY MAN UTD SCUM IN DOCMCCOY'S TEAM IS TONY VALENCIA.

Yep.

On an entirely separate note, if you can keep a straight face from the 0:50 mark, you're a harder man than I.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    who is this bebe real and untd where fighting over
    we will see if this pans out
    chelsea+neymar=please please please

Also from that YouTuber:

Now I know I would look out of place at a Dubstep night.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    pcmr said:
    who is this bebe real and untd where fighting over

He repped Portugal in the Homeless World Cup.

He's actually a winger and not a striker, plays on both flanks. So he'll be giving Obertan some competition for a spot on the bench.

His name will no doubt be ringing out at Old Trafford when they decide on the best Bebe chant. (my vote goes for 'You're Just Too Good To Be True').

LOL

Sorry.

Another Hoax.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    United are so broke they're signing homeless people.. roflcopterlulz

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Balotelli is at Eastlands. Have Citeh announced their squad yet? Who's out apart from Bellamy? Ireland? They've still got to get rid of what, 7 or 8 players.

Not that many to be honest. The nippers don't count, which helps.

Bellers to Celtic, Mancini on record as saying he'll have to find another club.
    Ireland to Villa with Dunne. Dunne can rinse him about not playing for the ROI.

Realistic moves, IMHO. Bellers cannot play every week, City can afford players that can. His gob sealed his fate. I wish him well doe, no fronting on his performance @ Old Trafford last year.

A pox on thee, Michael Owen. A pox, Sir.

• Still see City having about the same season they had last year.
    They were a scarier prospect after signing Tevez and Adebayor...players with Premier league experience.

I just hope Bellamy goes to Celtic and not Tottenham..we don't need him.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Not that many to be honest. The nippers don't count, which helps.

Bellers to Celtic, Mancini on record as saying he'll have to find another club.
    Ireland to Villa with Dunne. Dunne can rinse him about not playing for the ROI.

Realistic moves, IMHO. Bellers cannot play every week, City can afford players that can. His gob sealed his fate. I wish him well doe, no fronting on his performance @ Old Trafford last year.

A pox on thee, Michael Owen. A pox, Sir.

I still think it's about 5 or 6 you've got to get rid of. Adebuymore is hopefully off, never to darken these shore again.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Okem said:
    Balotelli is at Eastlands. Have Citeh announced their squad yet? Who's out apart from Bellamy? Ireland? They've still got to get rid of what, 7 or 8 players.

i mean really:

Goalkeepers
    * David Gonzales (COL)
    * Shay Given (IRL)
    * Joe Hart (ENG)
    * Gunnar Nielsen (FAR)
    * Stuart Taylor (ENG)

Defenders
    * Aleksandar Kolarov (SERB)
    * Dedryck Boyata (BEL)
    * Greg Cunningham (IRE)
    * Javan Vidal (ENG)
    * Jerome Boateng (GER)
    * Joleon Lescott (ENG)
    * Wayne Bridge (ENG)
    * Shaleum Logan (ENG)
    * Nedum Onuoha (ENG)
    * Micah Richards (ENG)
    * Kolo Toure (CIV)
    * Pablo Zabaleta (ARG)

Midfielders
    * Abdisalam Ibrahim (NOR)
    * Adam Johnson (ENG)
    * David Silva (ESP)
    * Gareth Barry (ENG)
    * Patrick Vieira (FRA)
    * Yaya Toure (CIV)
    * Nigel de Jong (NED)
    * Kelvin Etuhu (NGR)
    * Stephen Ireland (IRL)
    * Michael Johnson (ENG)
    * Vincent Kompany (BEL)
    * Vladimir Weiss (SVK)
    * Shaun Wright-Phillips (ENG)

Strikers
    * Emmanuel Adebayor (TGO)
    * Craig Bellamy (WAL)
    * Felipe Caicedo (ECU)
    * J?? (BRA)
    * Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely (ENG)
    * Robinho * (BRA)
    * Roque Santa Cruz (PRY)
    * Carlos Tevez (ARG)

even if you take out Robinho, Ireland & Craig (golf swing) Bellamy you are just planning on adding Milner and Balotelli

lets say they do a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 for all "possible" first team players (or players who would expect to be first team)

forwards:
    Adebayor
    Santa Cruz
    Tevez
    Balotelli

Cruz out the door?

Midfield
    SWP
    Kompany
    A Johnson
    De Jong
    Yaya
    Gareth
    Silva
    Vierra
    Milner

(really, you gonna pay YaYa 250K per week to sit on the bench?)

Defenders
    Zab
    Kolo (your captain from last year)
    Bridge
    Lescott
    Boetang
    Kolorav
    Richards

Add to that the Hart / Given issue

sorry, City are going to be a hot mess this year. It will take them at least a month to find rhythm after changing their whole team. And sometime come November egos will start up when dudes making 100K + are never even playing.

Mourinho is one of the few managers who has proved he can work with a surplus of talent. I don't see Mancini doing it unless he gets rid of like 5-10 of these players in the next few weeks. And name a club that can buy them, but who City will want to sell to? RM, Barca, Milans, Juve & Bayern. City aint about to sell Hart/Given to Arsenal or Richards/Lescott to Tottenham.

Fantasy football is fun on a computer, but in real life that shit is difficult.

i hope they come in 7th.

• When Blackburn started buying just about everybody in order to win the title at least they ended up making money on a lot of their signings..
    Chelsea did the same but at least they built a strong core which they retained pretty much.

City are a joke - can't see this happening with them.

• 3 Man Utd players in my team including Jonny Evans, one of my most hated players in the Premier League, it feels so wrong.

• Why would you hate Evans??

Shears said:
    3 Man Utd players in my team including Jonny Evans, one of my most hated players in the Premier League, it feels so wrong.

It IS so wrong.

Just do the season sans-Un*ted. Makes it more interesting.

Lot of hatt for City. Wow. Perhaps they should just agree that The Big 4 should win everything for ever and be content with the scraps of the transfer market. I would not wish 8-1 Clausthalerings by Middlesbrough on fans like these. That, as a dessert following a main of 33 year-old F*ck-All. Believe me, it doesn't taste nice. You'd prefer to be dining at the top table like every fucker else and don't deny it.

If you won the lottery, would you go out and buy a new Focus or would you have a bespoke Lamborghini? And flog it on at a 60K loss when you got tired of parking it in a multistorey because you frankly, don't need to give a flying f*ck?

Thought so.

YOU MUST DEAL.

• City fans in my experience are some of the most friendly and knowledgeable I have been around - I wouldn't hold success against them at all.

But Tottenham are next in line!!

Yids f*ck off, remember 1981?

BTW...

TWO Ali J sides in this league.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Lot of hatt for City. Wow. Perhaps they should just agree that The Big 4 should win everything for ever and be content with the scraps of the transfer market. I would not wish 8-1 Clausthalerings by Middlesbrough on fans like these. That, as a dessert following a main of 33 year-old F*ck-All. Believe me, it doesn't taste nice. You'd prefer to be dining at the top table like every fucker else and don't deny it.

If you won the lottery, would you go out and buy a new Focus or would you have a bespoke Lamborghini? And flog it on at a 60K loss when you got tired of parking it in a multistorey because you frankly, don't need to give a flying f*ck?

Thought so.

YOU MUST DEAL.

c'mon son. this ain't some Great Gatsby new money vs old money issue. this is just a failed business model in the making, and what's worse is that it effects all other teams. and it's not just Man City of course as the villain.

Point being that only 5 years ago a $20M signing was huge, now that is just an average purchase. But the reality is that true inflation isn't the reason its gone up (sterling hasn't lost that much value). Its gone up because very rich people have inflated the price. And that sucks because now teams without very rich people have to compete with them in inflated transfer markets. this is leading to more debt and that will lead to a weaker league down the road.

taking your lottery analogy one step further. If you win 50M, go ahead and buy your Lamborghini. But the fact that you paid 2M for a top of the line car shouldn't make my 15K Focus now worth 50K. When City spends 35M / 150K per week for a good but not greatest player (like Adebayor or Lescott) we now have to deal with clubs thinking their good players are all worth so much more. So Mick McCarthy goes around saying that Kevin Doyle is a 30M player, when he is probably less than half that.

I love more competition, but the problem is with spending like City/Chelsea we will eventually get less. Last season we had 7-8 teams playing for CL positions. You can argue that as a result of bad spending habits, one of those teams (Villa) has possibly dropped out of that equation this season. If City keep on spending like this, it will be on some Chelsea vs City only league. Not trying to have the PL have a 25pt gap between 2nd & 3rd like La Liga did last year.

Free market should sort this out in time, but I'd rather a "Big 4" than just a "Big 2"