TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    Wait...you think Ireland is better than Milner?

No wonder I've got as many points in Fantasy League on my bench than your whole team.
    Oof, thats gota hurt.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Milner is shit doe.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Paul said:

I think the season before last, there's no contest. Last season Ireland spent most of it injured, and then recovering. If his ankle is better this season, and he recovers the form of 08/09, I'd put Ireland in the top 5 midfielders in the country.

Milner might make top ten on a good day, but mainly looks good when playing for England. And I think I'd look good playing for England with Wank Lampard & Garry Barry 'bossing' it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Paul said:

No wonder I've got as many points in Fantasy League on my bench than your whole team.

:oh_snap:

I do think though that if Ireland sorted out his abundance of emotional issues and managed to just focus on playing at the top of his game he's a great player though and one you could potentially build a team around. Unfortunately all signs seem to point to him being a nightmare to manage.

Milner's a decent enough player but I don't see anything particularly outstanding about him.

Also that Ozil deal boggles the mind. Really think we missed a trick on that one unless it came down to his preference rather than us chasing him.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Ireland has/had talent but is a bottler and contributed jack to last season's campaign. He cannot play in more than one system. He has 12 dead grandmas. He is f*cked in the head. Have you seen his and his birds cars? Clown.

I'd take Milner > Ireland any day. I am not worried about him coming back to haunt us.

Ozil was kept under the counter for Real because it has been his childhood dream etc...

Y'know, like it was Rooney's childhood dream.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Milner can kick a ball really well, and he works hard, that's about it. Oh and he's kinda tough. But in every other aspect of the game he's average to poor.

It seems like City are trying (and failing) to build a Chelski mrk2 type team, with Fergies love for filling the squad with DMs, thrown in.

J i m s t e r said:
    Ireland has/had talent but is a bottler and contributed jack to last season's campaign. He cannot play in more than one system. He has 12 dead grandmas. He is f*cked in the head. Have you seen his and his birds cars? Clown.

But couldn't something similar be said for 90% of professional footballers? Fair enough if Citeh can't be arsed to deal with it anymore and want to offload but it seemed to me that he may be a player who was actually worth devoting the time to to try and fix. Thought he started last season well but as soon as Sparky went Mancini never seemed interested in bringing him into the team. I mean you don't go from player of the year to a barely used substitute in six months without it being a managerial decision to cut you out of the structure.

He's only 23 after all.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    90% of professional footballers are proud to represent their national team.

Not waiting for their girlfriend to have a miscarriage so they can lie about their grandmother dying to get compassionate leave.

I'm not gonna write off his chances at Villa too hard because I think he'll end up fitting in well. It's nowhere near as baffling as the decision to sell Richard Dunne.

Milner is probably Villa's best player for 10 years. He's unspectacular but he's got the work ethnic and makes shit happen.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    J i m s t e r said:

But couldn't something similar be said for 90% of professional footballers? Fair enough if Citeh can't be arsed to deal with it anymore and want to offload but it seemed to me that he may be a player who was actually worth devoting the time to to try and fix. Thought he started last season well but as soon as Sparky went Mancini never seemed interested in bringing him into the team. I mean you don't go from player of the year to a barely used substitute in six months without it being a managerial decision to cut you out of the structure.

He's only 23 after all.
    Cosign. Ireland is a talented player, with great vision. (Something Milner will never have.)

And WTF has happened to Lescott? After fucking over his club to jump ship to City he too is now awol from the PL. From England hopefully to forgotten about.

Okem said:
    Fergies love for filling the squad with DMs, thrown in.

What's a DM?

Kneel at the altar.

Paul said:
    90% of professional footballers are proud to represent their national team.

Not waiting for their girlfriend to have a miscarriage so they can lie about their grandmother dying to get compassionate leave.

Even if it's Ireland? ;)

Like I said, he's fucked in the head no doubt but he's also only 23 years old and full of talent with great vision on the pitch. I'm just surprised that Citeh wouldn't try and work through this with him as a player like that could give you a good ten years plus at the top level. He wouldn't be the first thick as shit footballer who needed more than a guiding arm to sort him out.

Sparky had changed it up before he was given the boot and Ireland was not able to make a meaningful contribution, IIRC. I would be happy to see most of the old squad go to be honest because their hearts are not in it. Please don't forget this is a team that were happy to roll over and do f*ck-all while Middlesborough rhaped them in every orifice. Everyone on that side should have been shot or paid their wages back.

Giving 11 fans some kit at half-time would have yielded a better result. Ireland has always been a icon of that gang - having the raw talent to win it but not believing in it. When was the last time that happened at Un*ted? Taggart no qualms in binning off the Argentinian captain with the quickness.

I can see the logic to modelling a side on Un*ted/'Ski doe - who has been more successful in the prem over the last 10 years? "Do what they do - that is what it takes to win".

One of the things they do is not hang on to flakes like Ireland when you've got the cash to do better.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

I'd take Milner > Ireland any day. I am not worried about him coming back to haunt us.

Ozil was kept under the counter for Real because it has been his childhood dream etc...
    He was quoted as wanting to play for Barca, just last week, so I don't know how true that is.

He's definitely bargain of the summer.

FWIW, Milner and Ozil met in the final of Euro U21 2 years ago. Both were their sides standout player in the game (although at 23 Milner should've been a step above most). Ozil pretty much ran things. Milner worked hard, ran around a lot, put in a solid shift but created nothing. Germany won 4-0.

Junior said:

That is nice though. Teddy Sherringham-esque.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    Okem said:
    Fergies love for filling the squad with DMs, thrown in.

What's a DM?

You're right, I wouldn't call this defending.

Okem said:

You're right, I wouldn't call this defending.

That is nice though. Teddy Sherringham-esque.

SMH at resorting to footage from international friendlies to try to prove a point. The man was just acknowledging the correct level of aggression for the situation and the fragility of young Ramsey's lower limbs.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Thought these might be if interest to the Brit thread (even though they were shot in Ireland)

Rich45s said:

Ha ha I love how they have to get the fact that he "caught a bullet" in there again.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    those ireland pics are great!
    i got back from camping to learn that real got ozil!!!
    fuck
    if they get bastos i'll be even more worried

Note to self: Drogba (c) > Drogba (no c)

Considering United lost at Fulham last two seasons, have been on awful on away trips to London (except at the Emirates) and always start slow... I thought they played well.

Could have done with Nani being on the pitch sooner. Valencia had a shocker.

I'm gonna go Drog-less for one more week and see what happens, probably means I lose the league by the 20 so points he's inevitably gonna go get.