NBA OFFSEASON 2010: BRONMANIA aka FA INSANITY

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    JimBeam said:

i vote for a viking burial of the cohan era.

Only if Cohan is in the boat before we burn it down

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    G_Balliando said:
    I want to hear a compelling argument on how Amare/Melo/Paul is better than any of the elite teams in the east...

Boston wont be as strong in 2 years.

Orlando still needs to figure out what the need.

Miami will add some dudes.

Amare/Melo/Paul along w/ Felton?/ and whomever is there doesnt have to be elite to at least get to the Playoffs. I dont think it should be viewed as some instant championship team if this actually happens.

After what Lebron did dudes arent and shouldnt be ashamed to leave a team that could "do It" after 7 years.

In a "bunny rabbit" world it would be nice to see Paul join Melo in Denver. But sometime dudes need a change of scenery to refresh their outlook, desires, and wallets.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Orlando needs to start Bass at the 4......start Richardson at the 2......and make Carter the 6th man

edpowers said:
    Orlando needs to start Bass at the 4......start Richardson at the 2......and make Carter the 6th man

good call

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    batmon said:
    G_Balliando said:
    I want to hear a compelling argument on how Amare/Melo/Paul is better than any of the elite teams in the east...

Amare/Melo/Paul along w/ Felton?/ and whomever is there doesnt have to be elite to at least get to the Playoffs. I dont think it should be viewed as some instant championship team if this actually happens.

Melo's been to the playoffs 7 years in a row w/ Denver. Like you said. This is my point. If he can't do it here with a team that was built around him, how's he gonna do it with the run & shotgun with fewer defenders around him in a conference that is more known for defense (or, at least was)?

I don't think anybody would be looking at a Knicks team as an instant champ team, and since that is obvious, why would Melo want to go there? To me I just think he would be setting himself back. I don't know. At the same time, if the Nuggets FO can't make a damn deal to get him some help, why the hell shoudl he stay...

Looks like Al Harrington's gonna be wearing the powder blue and yellow in 10-11. Probably need to get another deal done for Melo to sign. Come on Warkentein! And 34 mill over 5 years is not terrible for Al. That's less than Nene's original contract and way less than Kenyon's. Regardless of what happens, this is a great sign for Denver. It shows that the FO is actually trying to get something done.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    blake will do great with the lakers
    ever since his time at maryland he's been a solid PG that listen to his coach
    he has decent 3 pt shooting so he will do good
    hopefully vujabitch doesn't complain/compete for minutes

barbosa is a player i have enjoyed watching and i hope he gets a chance to step up inTO
    he'll have a great coach and look to be the ''star'' of the team for the first time in his career

If Barbosa is their "star" Toronto is in trouble.

G_Balliando said:
    Looks like Al Harrington's gonna be wearing the powder blue and yellow in 10-11. Probably need to get another deal done for Melo to sign. Come on Warkentein! And 34 mill over 5 years is not terrible for Al. That's less than Nene's original contract and way less than Kenyon's. Regardless of what happens, this is a great sign for Denver. It shows that the FO is actually trying to get something done.

Where does Harrington play w/ Birdman,Nene,Balkman, and Kenyon Martin at 3/4/5s?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    batmon said:
    If Barbosa is their "star" Toronto is in trouble.
    i can't think of anyone else unfortunately...barniani is no star

jared jack as PG and barniani and center with diaw,barbosa,calderon
    that's our starting lineup :ewef:
    dont even look at our bench

yet the east is still easy enough for us to slip by in 8th (again!)

How long will it take for the New York Press to villianize STAT if the Knicks dont start off well?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    batmon said:
    How long will it take for the New York Press to villianize STAT if the Knicks dont start off well?
    litteraly 15 games

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    pcmr said:
    batmon said:
    litteraly 15 games

And dude will wilt under the spotlight.

batmon said:
    G_Balliando said:

Where does Harrington play w/ Birdman,Nene,Balkman, and Kenyon Martin at 3/4/5s?

Nene/Bird is the 5. I have to assume they are actively looking to move Kenyon as an expiring. Plus, Kenyon is having surgery (or had) and there is a likelihood that he won't be able to play more than 50% of the season. I could see him moving to a bench role if he stays, or, giving him the starting spot at limited minutes using Al off the bench but with more minutes. Balkman played in all of 13 games last season, largely due to injuries, and averaged a whopping 7 minutes per game. Dude's not even in the rotation. He could also be part of a deal this summer. I loved him but coach didn't really feel the same way, apparently. He's shit on offense but a great hustler, kinda like Najera was as a Nugget.

Melo - 3
    Harrington - 4
    Nene - 5

or to get Nelson-esque

Melo at the 4 and harrington and the 5, Smith at the 3 Billups at 1 w/ another running shooter

Yup, you got it. And yeah the Nellie-esque "small ball" lineup actually worked well a few times last year when George was experimenting with the lineup. Melo's strong enough to play the 4 and quicker than just about any other player who can play the 4, so it's a tough matchup for most teams.

Sheldon Williams gonna be a Nugget now too (George don't like Dukies but oh well). Still need another shooter, and another big IMO. They signed Carter again, not sure why... Maybe they're thinking he can be a backup 2 guard if they deal JR and don't get a guard back for him. That sounds awful though. Hopefully it's just as a 3rd string PG.

I like JR Smith alot

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Tyson Chandler in Dallas.....ugh.

Dude was behind the curve his first few years in Chicago....his first year as a Hornet in OKC he showed signs of being above average and the following year averaged a double/double......but the injuries killed him and at this point he's a 8th-9th guy riding the bench.

Anyone here have a better opinion of him than that??

Rockadelic said:

Dude was behind the curve his first few years in Chicago....his first year as a Hornet in OKC he showed signs of being above average and the following year averaged a double/double......but the injuries killed him and at this point he's a 8th-9th guy riding the bench.

Jason kidd should make him better.

Is he gonna play at 5 w/ Dork at 4? I thought he was a 4 as well.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    pcmr said:
    batmon said:
    litteraly 15 games

And dude will wilt under the spotlight.

Do the Knicks make the playoffs this year? I think they might sneak in as a 7/8 seed. They got back some pretty nice pieces in that trade for D. Lee, but, clearly, still need a much stronger backcourt.

• Options
    johnshade said:
    Do the Knicks make the playoffs this year? I think they might sneak in as a 7/8 seed. They got back some pretty nice pieces in that trade for D. Lee, but, clearly, still need a much stronger backcourt.

They've got no shot unless a couple of dozen Eastern conference players croak.

Q-Rich to Orlando

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

Back-up 4 & 5....15-20 minutes a game

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

Back-up 4 & 5....15-20 minutes a game

Sound cool to me if your not overpaying dude.

Warriors just got sold! Not to Larry Ellison of Oracle as I had hoped but the era of Chris Cohan, the wicked witch owner of the western conference is finally over. Ding dong the witch is dead!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Warriors owner > Clippers owner? Word?

mannybolone said:
    Warriors owner > Clippers owner? Word?

Sterling has a longer history of losing, plus he's an ass, but if you look at team records the Warriors have done worse under Cohan .328 winning %, then the Clippers under Sterling .341.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    it was a weird sale-- seems like cohan had some issues w/ ellison, since ellison is now saying he put in the highest bid. before the sale process got serious a few months back, ellison had spouted off a few things that could have been considered insulting to the owners, and it was widely assumed that he would have immediately shitcanned the whole front office and replaced don nelson.

i have some reservations about stanford boy, but i'm hoping he proves me wrong. he's definitely under the radar, his only experience i have read about is as a minority owner (and supposedly pretty quiet one) of the celtics.

i guess i'm just a little disappointed that the WIN NO MATTER THE COST mentality is not the new ownership mantra, as it would have been with Ellison.

as with all things warriors, i'm cautiously pessimistic (it's made failure easier on the mind)

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    also,
    seriously, how does this shit head run an nba team? (pay attention for c-webb destroying him)

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    JimBeam said:
    it was a weird sale-- seems like cohan had some issues w/ ellison, since ellison is now saying he put in the highest bid. before the sale process got serious a few months back, ellison had spouted off a few things that could have been considered insulting to the owners, and it was widely assumed that he would have immediately shitcanned the whole front office and replaced don nelson.

i have some reservations about stanford boy, but i'm hoping he proves me wrong. he's definitely under the radar, his only experience i have read about is as a minority owner (and supposedly pretty quiet one) of the celtics.

i guess i'm just a little disappointed that the WIN NO MATTER THE COST mentality is not the new ownership mantra, as it would have been with Ellison.

as with all things warriors, i'm cautiously pessimistic (it's made failure easier on the mind)

They're claiming Ellison's bid didn't come in until hours after the deadline, it was only slightly higher, and they had already accepted the other offer.