TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    busta just has a manic energy and a zany flow. i mean whats not to like about Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See. Everything about it is ace. Plus he was on that shit from way back, ever since RAHHH RAHH LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON on scenario.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I love Busta but he has to be one of the most frustrating artists around for releasing great lead singles and following them up with disappointing and patchy albums.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    That Busta record is solid yet unremarkable. Definately a lot better than 'I Love My Bitch' but not as good as 'Touch It', shit I think I might even prefer 'Arab Money'. (It's not exactly 'Show Me What You Got' though).

Unfortunately I can't convince you to like that Lemonade song, no love for staccato piano maybe?

Leo, are you actually interested in liking some Gucci? While I love Lemonade the album doesn't really showcase his talents like his mixtapes. However, if his actual flow just makes you turn straight off then it's probably better off focusing your newish rap appreciation into some of the other great artists around these days.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Pls to poast vis-a-vis "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Z-Ro But Were Too Afraid of The Wrath of Harv & Faux"

Citeh making dem wave.

Boateng
    Silva
    Toure
    Lazio's Serbian left back Aleksandr Kolarov
    Milner tomorrow
    Not forgetting Platt FTW.

Please to be beating Spurs on opening day.

4th has to be realistic.

J i m s t e r said:
    Pls to poast vis-a-vis "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Z-Ro But Were Too Afraid of The Wrath of Harv & Faux"

I like it, it's a challenge. Currently hungover as they come though so think it's something to tackle come Monday. Paul definitely needs to be in on this as well so we can both get asshurt over your responses ;)

City are the only team trying to make this transfer window interesting. Good on them. Bastards.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Junior said:
    Leo, are you actually interested in liking some Gucci?

Yeah, I guess if you, or anybody else, wants to poast some youtubes or whatever, I'll give 'em a listen.

I've been in a rut lately: this time last year, I could spend ??100 a month on records easy. But things are starting to sound the same, or I'll listen to something and think, "Well, I've got a similar sounding record, same instruments, similar timing, I really don't need that", and I'm actually having trouble spending money. A month ago on the Strut I mentioned 3 different comps of old stuff (Kon & Amir disco BEEF comp, Jazzman's California Funk, some South African collection) I ended up passing on the lot. I buy the odd single, but the most recent LP I've looked at is the Fatbeats re-issue of Slum Village. And I've already got some of the tracks that appeared on blue vinyl years back anyway.

I don't know if Gucci is going to be the voice to rekindle my love of rap, but I'd be happy to check out suggestions.

EDIT: that Rick Ross in the banger thread is also good. Is it just me, or has rap re-embraced samples?

• Duderonomy said:

I've been in a rut lately: this time last year, I could spend ??100 a month on records easy. But things are starting to sound the same, or I'll listen to something and think, "Well, I've got a similar sounding record, same instruments, similar timing, I really don't need that", and I'm actually having trouble spending money. A month ago on the Strut I mentioned 3 different comps of old stuff (Kon & Amir disco BEEF comp, Jazzman's California Funk, some South African collection) I ended up passing on the lot. I buy the odd single, but the most recent LP I've looked at is the Fatbeats re-issue of Slum Village. And I've already got some of the tracks that appeared on blue vinyl years back anyway.

I have been in a similar situation recently - had a bit of buying fatigue vis-a-vis Brasilian music, mostly because to fund my personal purchases i have to take on additional records to sell to collectors, other DJ's etc - it got really tiresome and stressful, i really do wonder how record dealers survive. What i found really helped was to completely stop buying records for a while and just go to places where they played music i wanted to get to know better.

More food for thought on England's woeful World Cup:

Before Sunday???s cruel dressing down by the Germans England had demonstrated a worrying tendency to give the ball away unnecessarily. The Fifa stats for the competition confirm this to be more than just a vague impression. For instance, while most of the German players maintained at least an 80 per cent completion rate for their passes through their four games to date (with Per Mertesacker up there with 86 per cent), a figure as central to England???s hopes as Steven Gerrard had a 64 per cent completion rate out of 250 passes: that is, he gave the ball away 90 times in the course of four games. John Terry was the only English player even to hit the 80 per cent mark.

When you start with such a level of technical handicap that your star midfielder gives the ball away one in every three times he gets it things are all uphill from there. Incidentally, Toni Kroos, the young German, has had limited exposure so far but is a statistical oddity: he has a 100 per cent completion across the board.

Scrap the entire first team bar Rooney, A.Cole, J.Cole, Barry & Milner.
    6 of the German first team won the Euro U-21s. They beat ENGLAND in the final - where are our U21s?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    'Sup!

I is back. taking it easy at home & finally getting the chance to catch up on all my Sky+'d episodes of 'Being N*dubz'.

Dappy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Z-Ro

real talk.

Hey, nice one!

Trust everything went well for you Marc, and with any luck you didn't miss out on some of those juicy World Cup matches. Ghana vs Uruguay was epic. Germany have indeed proved that although England were shite, we must have been better than the Argies as we at least scored (twice).

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I caught some games.

I'm amused to see that despite my desertion, my fantasy WC team is slowly picking it's way to the top of the Strut league.

Wb Mokemarc and cosigning on hope things went well.

Dappy is the future. We must embrace or get off his lawn.

Junior said:
    Wb Mokemarc and cosigning on hope things went well.

Dappy is the future. We must embrace or get off his lawn.

Hey Marc, good to have you back. I never knew N*Dubz had Mungo Jerry connections but only a foll would mess with the 6 degrees of separation. Are N*Dubz the way the future's really meant to feel?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Glad to see Moke's in good cheer.

That FIFA fantasy league.... didn't work very well, did it?

Too complicated.

• skel said:

Too complicated.

What? I'm currently #1, so it's clearly great.

skel said:

No automatic substitutions... too much tinkering involved... takes me 10 minutes of trial & error clicking to find the screen with my bloody team...

Shite.

I'm in the semi-finals of the World Cup Mode against the one MatPen1979. So it's not going too badly, despite the middling league position.

• i didn't even notice the world cup mode...

but, it does do automatic substitutions (have a look at previous rounds and you'll see any substitutions listed underneath your team)

Co-incided with a week off with no internet, so not bovvered, innit. Will be more up for the Prem Fatnasty this year (again, with no Un*ted players). TEVEZ (c) FTW.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    I ride for the Fantasy World Cup, terrible start but i'm catching up now. My ultimate goal is to finish above Chizzle as revenge for getting me too hyped up about what The Rooneyman was going to do in the tournament.

I'm keeping my England/Rooney avatar as a tribute to Lil B still wearing ragged Vans.

But yeah, bring the ruckus etc.

Oh yeah and I'm gonna have this man as captain for the entire of next season.

Most amusingly juvenile newspaper headline I've seen in a while.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6622I420100703

Raoul Moat. There's a bloke I work with who has a passable resemeblence to him, same size too. We were joking about it on email yesterday, I wanted to get him in a headlock, get the photo and claim me ??10K.

Today he tells me the police were driving around outside his house yesterday evening....

Twitching curtains or cyber-scanning?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    Wiley is fucking mental.

Here's the eleven zip files of unreleased music referred to in the piece above. Judging from what I've been able to download so far, a lot of it is really good.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Raoul Moat. There's a bloke I work with who has a passable resemeblence to him, same size too. We were joking about it on email yesterday, I wanted to get him in a headlock, get the photo and claim me ??10K.

Today he tells me the police were driving around outside his house yesterday evening....

Twitching curtains or cyber-scanning?

Shame the dude couldn't hold out for another week. The prize fund would have gone up to twenty grand.

Raoulover, see?

%-P

DocMcCoy said:
    Wiley is fucking mental.

Here's the eleven zip files of unreleased music referred to in the piece above. Judging from what I've been able to download so far, a lot of it is really good.

Yeah grabbed all this over the weekend and looking forward to getting my teeth into it this week. From the looks of it goes way back so hoping there's some really solid non poppy stuff in there as well.

Speaking of Moat.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Wiley is fucking mental.

i think hes up to 12. the last couple of volumes are all instrumental beats, which is what some of us have been fiending for for a while. (there was this whole thing about him releasing vintage instrumentals on Avalanche Music. the project went off the boil but i think it came out in the end. anyway, wileys beats = fire)

first couple of volumes have all the pop hits (never be your woman, take that etc) and some really random shit, quite a lot of it sounds like other peoples tunes feat wiley, or random posse tracks, according to a clued up friend.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    If any of you fine people wanted to re-up a selection, separating the wheat from the chaff, I would be most appreciative.

I'm interested, but I don't think I care enough to wade through it all..