World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    The Sun's article about which England players are still fit to wear the shirt is pretty classic.

A bit harsh on Milner who they hate for not being Joe Cole, yet they also rate Cole as not good enough for England.

Bizarrely they only pick Ashley Cole, Rooney and Gerrard(??) as still being England material.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Excellent, I'll have a look at that in a bit, could do with some more vitriol. Gerrard's had one reasonable performance for England since the 5-1 against Germany. He doesn't work in the team as it is. I actually thought Lampard played pretty well yesterday despite my loathing of him. While I think a lot of yesterday was just finally being exposed as the shambles we all kind of knew we are, what still really grates is that we went into the world cup with a promise that players would be picked on performance and form over reputation yet almost the entire first 11 that played yesterday were in poor form for their club last season or not fully fit.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    neil_something said:
    schadenfreude

Yup, German football fans will simply say we had that one coming.

From what I've read, prior to 1966, Germany were not a strong footballing nation. They were so pissed-off by the way they lost the final, and that dodgy goal, that they got their sh*t together, and since 1966 they've been regular finalists, and always a top 4 team.

I can only hope England learn something from this like the Germans did. While the dis-allowed goal was just a sign that it wasn't going to be our day, the previous matches showed us the standard that these players were really at, and it shouldn't have come as any surprise that we were comfortably beaten by a very good German team.

This finally ends the Lampard + Gerrard = shite debate once and for all.

Argentina! Argentina! Argentina!

Just to exercise my bitterness/provoke a response:

Rooney > Tevez

regardless of how many WC goals that troll gets.

And Germany's first goal was offside!

But Germany won, and Tevez is scoring goals at the World Cup.

:game_over:

I blame the ball.

Paul said:
    Just to exercise my bitterness/provoke a response:

Rooney > Tevez

regardless of how many WC goals that troll gets.

Trolling...

The facts speak for themselves. Despite the talent surrounding him, one has always shone by grafting from whistle to whistle. Kept West Ham up, showed up for HERO TIME at Un*ted when given the chance, and repped hard for City giving them their best finish since I don't know when.

Grannies shagged: 0

Big Man announcements: 0

The big man is back in town. With these words, Wayne Rooney announced his return to England's base camp at the last World Cup in Germany. Legend has it he dropped his bags in the cavernous entrance hall of the hotel and the bold announcement reverberated from the walls.

In this tournament, the big man has become more little voice. Roaring no longer, he makes himself heard only with futile snaps and snarls at cameras and cameramen.

Even this noise has been steadily drowned out as, one by one, the marquee names announce their presence. Lionel Messi, Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo, David Villa, all have played a part as the tournament gathers momentum, but still no sign of Rooney.

This was going to be his World Cup, remember, this was his moment, as Fabio Capello would say. Instead it is passing him by in a confusion of strops, scowls and unfathomable anonymity.

'If I had asked World Cup 2010 you to go and watch some player called Wayne Rooney last week, because he was available and I could get him for ??1.5m,' said Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham manager, 'you would have come back to me and said, "you can't take him, he's not good enough". If you didn't know it was the Wayne Rooney, you would have thought he was a poor player.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1288753/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Its-time-big-man-Wayne-Rooney-grew-up.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0s8k8XmOv

What was El Apache up to last night...? Can't remember... Oh yes.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

NO

Please revisit the rules.

"There is no offside if a player receives the ball directly from: a goal kick"

page 33: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf

I swear the offside rule has been rewritten on the sly for this World Cup.

First the goalie can run out of goal and catch people offside, and now you can hoof it up the pitch to your striker standing on opposing goal-line.

:icallbullshit:

piedpiper said:
    Duderonomy said:

NO

I wish somebody had told England!
    We could have been playing with Heskey AND Crouch up front, one standing in front of the opposition goalkeeper, the other to nod it in from goal kicks. It would've been brutal, Ozzie rules football, but about the only way we might have beaten Germany yesterday.

Duderonomy said:
    piedpiper said:
    Duderonomy said:

NO

I wish somebody had told England!
    We could have been playing with Heskey AND Crouch up front, one standing in front of the opposition goalkeeper, the other to nod it in from goal kicks. It would've been brutal, Ozzie rules football, but about the only way we might have beaten Germany yesterday.

Good lord no, the last thing I needed to see was Emile spooning any more chances in front of goal.

There's only one thing to do when your team gets knocked out of the WC.

Google.com

And type in

And then click ???I???m feeling lucky???

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I don't think I've ever seen an entire side go missing during a game before.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Someone wanna talk to me about Messi and all the hormones they've fed him over the years? I just got back from Argetina and it was impossible to get a straight answer out of those people re: this guy. They actually sorta sounded proud in describing how he was a midget and how impressively he's grown thanks to years of injections to his legs. Is that healthy? Is it ethical? Srs questions; I'm not a messi hater; just curious.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    Someone wanna talk to me about Messi and all the hormones they've fed him over the years? I just got back from Argetina and it was impossible to get a straight answer out of those people re: this guy. They actually sorta sounded proud in describing how he was a midget and how impressively he's grown thanks to years of injections to his legs. Is that healthy? Is it ethical? Srs questions; I'm not a messi hater; just curious.

Anything that happens before a player turns 18 counts as 'formation'. Would you prefer a less brilliant, more ethical version of him?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Messi was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency as a child, so I don't think it's unethical for him to receive hormone treatment. Kids in the States with growth problems receive hormone treatment on the regular. Im sure the treatment that Messi received was expensive and far more advanced, but I don't find it problematic.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    brasil needs ramires' speed against the netherlands
    damn yellow card rule change
    same for those young ghanean defenders, you play the game of your life and then you can't help your country go as far as they have ever gone because of some card 3 weeks ago
    :weaksauce:

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    DigginDave said:
    Would you prefer a less brilliant, more ethical version of him?
    yes!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    THIS

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    THIS

the two watches...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    dude just looks soooo goofy in a suit.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/412423-world-cup-soccer-the-past-future-of-bob-bradleys-us-national-team

good analysis of US team's failings in the WC and its needs going forward. i pretty much agree w/most of it.

still pissed Clark & Findley got the start instead of Edu & Feilhaber or Gomez...

I got as far as the bit where he listed the top 15 countries and decided I could no longer pretend he knew anything about football.

Junior said:
    I got as far as the bit where he listed the top 15 countries and decided I could no longer pretend he knew anything about football.

(1) Brazil; (2) Argentina; (3) Spain; (4) Portugal; (5) Germany; (6) Chile; (7) Paraguay; (8) Uruguay; (9) Czech Republic; (10) Italy; (11) France; (12) Denmark; (13) Ghana; (14) Nigeria; (15) Mexico; (16) the Netherlands; (17) Slovakia; (18) South Korea.

Who's missing? (hint: do NOT say England).
    Who shouldn't be on that list?

England. Seriously. We were shit at this world cup but if you're just judging it on that then how can the Czech team be at number 9? Yes we're crap and overrated but so are many of the other teams on there (Italy and France at 10 and 11?).

Also, Nigeria at 14? Based on what? Paraguay 7th best team in the world?

Junior said:
    England. Seriously. We were shit at this world cup but if you're just judging it on that then how can the Czech team be at number 9? Yes we're crap and overrated but so are many of the other teams on there (Italy and France at 10 and 11?).

Also, Nigeria at 14? Based on what? Paraguay 7th best team in the world?

Last time England played France in a friendly, they fucking schooled us. It was like the WC game against Brasil, when they went down to ten men and still played keep-ball. France weren't breaking a sweat, and every time Anelka dropped deep, he was unmarked, and dictated the match. And he's not even a world class playmaker. I think we might be 12 or so, but not top ten. Just like USA, there are plenty of more technically adept teams ahead of us. I think Japan would do us. South Korea too. All of the South American teams at this tournament would do us. Italy and France would do us. On this form, Ghana would have us, but Nigeria looked short of ideas, so they'd probably be at our level. Ivory Coast would do us.
    It would be easier to list the teams that we could beat.

Yeah agreed but if you look at that list he's gone to 18 without mentioning England. I think it's worth putting our shit performance at the World Cup in perspective in that, yes we were awful, but on form we're no way outside the top 18 in the World right now. Give it a year or two without us rejigging the squad though and I suspect we'd be well on our way out of the top twenty.

Capello won't be in charge when the next WC comes around. His selection and tactics did not yield the results he was hired to achieve. No way we are going to go 4-4-2 for another 4 years with Capello deja vu being the potential pay-off.

Terry, Gerrard, Lamps, Becks, Ferdinand and dem won't be getting a kick either. These kind of players are not going to listen to a manager when they already think they are world beaters who know better, when the reality is they are "Big-time Charlies" as evidenced.

You have to be looking at the youngsters who will do what they are told, even if they are not the finished article at the moment. Is it too late for Rooney?

So who are we looking at, for chief turd-polisher and squad players?

Guus Hijinks I'd like to see in there.