Serious Moral Dilemma

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I don't think it's a moral issue. Apartments is business. Sounds like she's clearly violating her lease. You pay the manager to deal with stuff like this. I'm with the hard rocks on this one: straight to the manager with it.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    i think for all the input and back and forth, we deserve some pics.

Funnily enough, the guys on the other forum wanted exactly the same thing: PIX or STFU

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    tripledouble said:

Funnily enough, the guys on the other forum wanted exactly the same thing: PIX or STFU

This was posted on multiple forums?

I find that very strange.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    tripledouble said:

not completely overwhelming but the contents are rotting food, dirty clothes (maybe even a diaper), moldy towels, plastic containers, stained sheets....i am NOT going down to take pics inside the apartment haha!

and before you say "oh that doesn't look so bad" IT IS! it smells when it is really hot and it looks way dirtier with the human eye. and the fact the shit gets thrown out there every day makes me think her kids probably shit their own pants cuz they're so lazy!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    behemoth said:
    if they had any respect for themselves or others they wouldn't do it to begin with.
    :P

she hot?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    That shit is out of hand. What you should do, is call the Fire Department, because they will issue a summons to the building owner and then you'll get some action. Completely unaceptable, not even a question, what are you thinking "should I politely talk to the woman."

SOFT SHELL CRAB

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    The difference is that it's not subjective.

It's a health risk.

It's a risk to every tenant in the building, because of pests and infestation.

It is almost certainly a violation of the lease terms.

noise isn;t subjective and also affects people in the building. filth or noise are both nuisances that can rise to the level of a violation of the terms. the key is that it has to impact on one's ability to reasonably enjoy their own living space.

batmon said:
    she hot?

NO!

to add to it her daughter makes out with Chinese food delivery men and i caught her touching some older dudes dick in the stairwell.....

i didn't think it was relevant to the thread but when you think about it it is relevant. they simply don't care. everyone else in this building is super clean. a few weirdoes but what building doesn't have them?

behemoth said:
    batmon said:
    she hot?

NO!

to add to it her daughter makes out with Chinese food delivery men and i caught her touching some older dudes dick in the stairwell.....

i didn't think it was relevant to the thread but when you think about it it is relevant. they simply don't care. everyone else in this building is super clean. a few weirdoes but what building doesn't have them?

Touching an older man's dick is always relevant.

behemoth said:

i didn't think it was relevant to the thread but when you think about it it is relevant.

well now we're talking. I could give a rip about the gargage now...these are my kind of people! I'm going to alert them that the weirdo record guy above them is trying to rain on their parade.

yer so busted you snitch! that "older dude" with the dick in the stairwell? He's the owner.

Operation Rat Trap is a success. Pack yer bags bud

behemoth said:

EXTRA DUCK SAUCE PLEEZ!!!!!

crabmongerfunk said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    The difference is that it's not subjective.

It's a health risk.

It's a risk to every tenant in the building, because of pests and infestation.

It is almost certainly a violation of the lease terms.

noise isn;t subjective and also affects people in the building. filth or noise are both nuisances that can rise to the level of a violation of the terms. the key is that it has to impact on one's ability to reasonably enjoy their own living space.

noise may affect quality of life but does not attract bugs, rodents and make you smell. i usually don't mind the occasional loud party because i can in return make some noise once in a blue moon...

it isn't like i say "well its ok if they throw rotting garbage on the fire escape because now i can do it once in a while"

sabadabada said:

Touching an older man's dick is always relevant.

so true.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Well, this thread took a disappointingly reasonable turn.

I wanted more snitching talk!

And don't talk to squarepantses, you know: spongebobs
    Kanye Westeses; they be talkin' through the wire, dog

• DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:
    Anyone think a "nice conversation" is gonna make this person Clean Their Shit overnight?

Totally! She's probably a really nice, reasonable person who simply doesn't realize that her place is filthy and that it impacts other people when she blocks the fire escape with putrid garbage. A quick convo and some cookies should sort it.

that's not the point. the point is as a neighbour you give her an opportunityy to rectify the problem. sometimes people are so oblivious to their lifestyle or how far things have slid. the neighbourly and moral thing to do is to first bring it up not go straight to the super or whomever. perhaps this woman has other problems and merely mentioning the super will snap her to attention. maybe she tells you to fuck off. the point here is nobody can say with any kind of certainty how she will react.

if she tells you to fuck off you go to the next step but neighbours shouldn;t be reporting on their neighbours unless its absolutely necessary. what the hell does buddy lose by trying to start off by giving her the benfit of the doubt. some dudes on here are way to aggro.

batmon said:
    behemoth said:

she goes to Catholic school and is obviously rebelling or some shit. they yell all the time...

that doesn't concern me though. what does concern me is the garbage.

crabmongerfunk said:
    the key is that it has to impact on one's ability to reasonably enjoy their own living space.

noise and odor probably not.

quiet enjoyment only applies where the apartment is basically unlivable and even then, if I remember Barbri coretly, he has to quit the premises to seek any relief and that relief is just getting out of the lease.

No. What you have to do here is get her to move the fuck out and since you are the upstairs tenant I would start with bouncing a basketball in the house during the night, and then escalate to water damage.

crabmongerfunk said:
    some dudes on here are way to aggro.

^^^Gets his Zucchini steamed by the Chinese Delivery boy^^^^

and now if you are in NYC you will know that it is raining rather heavily! wet garbage yummy!

batmon said:
    behemoth said:

Can we 69?

What you want beef and broccoli for now?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:
    Anyone think a "nice conversation" is gonna make this person Clean Their Shit overnight?

Totally! She's probably a really nice, reasonable person who simply doesn't realize that her place is filthy and that it impacts other people when she blocks the fire escape with putrid garbage. A quick convo and some cookies should sort it.

that's not the point. the point is as a neighbour you give her an opportunityy to rectify the problem. sometimes people are so oblivious to their lifestyle or how far things have slid. the neighbourly and moral thing to do is to first bring it up not go straight to the super or whomever. perhaps this woman has other problems and merely mentioning the super will snap her to attention. maybe she tells you to fuck off. the point here is nobody can say with any kind of certainty how she will react.

if she tells you to fuck off you go to the next step but neighbours shouldn;t be reporting on their neighbours unless its absolutely necessary. what the hell does buddy lose by trying to start off by giving her the benfit of the doubt. some dudes on here are way to aggro.

Let the super give her the benefit of the doubt, Mr. Rogers. He's the person hired to maintain the building, he's not the SS. Dudes are acting like calling the super is like turning your own mother in to the cops.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    behemoth said:
    she goes to Catholic school and is obviously rebelling or some shit. they yell all the time...

dude, you are missing an obvious opportunity

stairwell related

you can write a sitcom about this building. one time her kids took the keys and she was locked out. so her and this dude Bullet Tooth (because he was shot in the head back in the day and lived) tried to get me to let them walk through my apartment and down the fire escape to climb in the window...

Bullet Tooth is rumored to have robbed peoples apartments and dabble in shady business so i told them NO SORRY

i feel like living here has desensitized me to peoples needs but i mean come on....

would you let shady cats in your house to see your laptop, music equipment, TV etc....

fusk no! keep it moving.....

Soulhawk said:
    behemoth said:

stairwell related

seriously. now we're talking moral dilema.

behemoth said:

FUSK

Soulhawk said:
    behemoth said:

stairwell related

this comment is beyond gross. i am bookmarking this for when i snap a picture of her sucking a dude off and you can see what we are dealing with here. her children are also super pale due to lack of sunlight. the windows are probably blocked by garbage!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    behemoth said:
    you can write a sitcom about this building. one time her kids took the keys and she was locked out. so her and this dude Bullet Tooth (because he was shot in the head back in the day and lived) tried to get me to let them walk through my apartment and down the fire escape to climb in the window...

Bullet Tooth is rumored to have robbed peoples apartments and dabble in shady business so i told them NO SORRY

Maybe this is why they are now leaving trash out for you to smell upon.

behemoth said:
    Soulhawk said:
    behemoth said:

stairwell related

this comment is beyond gross. i am bookmarking this for when i snap a picture of her sucking a dude off and you can see what we are dealing with here. her children are also super pale due to lack of sunlight. the windows are probably blocked by garbage!

we're not telling you to marry the girl for kristsake.