World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    musica said:
    Okem said:
    Dukie, dude.

It was only a draw.

I know you Americans are fond of claiming win where there is none.

Save your celebrations for when you've actually achieved something.

Asshurt much?

Sense of humOUR much?

• piedpiper said:
    Australia was weak, but still: Germany did a pretty good job.

After the second goal was scored, Australia went from "trying" to "just trying to get this game over with."

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    Deutschland, Deutschland. Uber alles.

fucking stupid bitch ass fucker! fuck you!!!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    easy now

socceroos deserved the beatdown

• Lamont said:
    easy now

socceroos deserved the beatdown

I don't know so much about them DESERVING it, but they didn't do much in their defense of PREVENTING it.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    As someone not that interested usually in watching soccer but a proud Aussie i am kinda happy we got smashed as i wont get sucked in and start watching games at 4am.

Australian rules football to me is where its at. Incredible athletes lots of scoring and physically tough

• Okem said:
    Dukie, dude.

It was only a draw.

I know you Americans are fond of claiming win where there is none.

Save your celebrations for when you've actually achieved something.

this is funny.

FACT.

that being said...... i DARE YOU to fucks with germany after today.

• chimachima 33 Posts
    Germany was probably the first team during this worldcup who really played football... that was the first game i fully enjoyed watching!
    thats maybe because im a german ;)

Still the strongest teams hasnt played yet (Spain, Holland, Brazil)

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    chima said:
    Germany was probably the first team during this worldcup who really played football...

Was a really good performance from them, and the best game I've watched so far. At the last WC, Argentina looked like the team to beat in the group stages, but they peaked too early...

Regarding the England vs USA. 1-1 Victory for USA is funny though. Never liked Green in goal, but I guess everybody makes mistakes. Will Capello be ruthless and drop him, or will he be stubborn and 'stick by his man'?
    Also, Joe Cole on the pitch instead of Lampard would've been nice.

Looking forward to seeing the Dutch. Van Percy!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i cant believe i got up at 4am to watch the aussies play like that, they were truly lucky to only have 4 goals scored against them, germany was just walking into the square and taking pot shots, questionable umpiring or not that was no where near good enough

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I was drunk and watched the match on ITV HD. Only some deep seated value for electronic goods prevented me putting my foot through the screen at the unexpected advert break.

I actually spoke to Rob via Skype before the match and explained the issues that could develop on the Strut were we to tonk the US and I thought he did a decent job of ensuring that wouldn't happen.

Fuck Green, he shouldn't have started, who cares about confidence etc, he's a joke. As soon as that went in you could see our old insecurities come back, if we had gone in 1-0 up at half time I think we would have gone on to finish them off reasonably comfortable. SMH at SWP being brought on instead of Cole and the Heskey dilemma continues.

Poland, I mean, Germany, looked decent yesterday but the Aussies were woeful and Germany always destroy at least one team in the group stage so will withhold judgement.

LOL at USA played with heart.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    2 shots on target the whole game takes heart.

Heskey did a great job, should have been given a few more freekicks though.

I fail to believe the hype about Joe Cole, he's definately not the saviour for England and I am very comfortable with Frank Lampard and SWP (to a lesser extent) being picked ahead of him.

Yeah I would always choose Lampard ahead of Cole but SWP came on and did exactly what he's done in games for years - picked up the ball, run with it, tried to take someone on and instead conceded possession. We really need to sort out controlling the ball.

Also, SMH at Ledley King, surely someone must have seen this coming? There's no way we can play Terry and Carragher at the back together, we'll get ripped to shreds.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Yeah I chuckled about that Altidore comment earlier. Carragher is OK though. (good thing we got Dawson in reserve)

You can only judge a players quality by how many Champions League Finals he has appeared in.

That's why Carrick should be playing every match!

Ha! Well if they were playing on form then half the first team wouldn't be picked so maybe Carrick and his awesome goals per shots record should be given a go. I'm really stuck on who's going to pull it all together for us at the moment.

On a more positive note, feel like the WC should start really kicking into gear these next few days with some more mouthwatering prospects.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    HUP HOLLAND HUP!!!

We have to win 5:0 to silence the Germans now and Denmark is no Australia :/

Does anybody remember that crazy dutch fans videoblog for the last World Cup?
    I can't seem to find the old videos. I hope he's doing them again this year!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Junior said:

Poland, I mean, Germany

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    That Turkish dude Mesut ??zil, impressed again. Although he only netted me 6 points in the fantasy WC, which leads me to believe that the scoring is a little suspect.

You also can't see any of the other team's squads, which is mighty annoying.

Bendtner for golden boot then?

Ha ha I must say I was surprised, nee, shocked, when he put it left of the post. I blame the new ball. This needs a goal to pick it up, ideally a Dutch one to push the Danes forward.

Dirk for the golden boot/knee.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    Junior said:

Fuck Green, he shouldn't have started, who cares about confidence etc, he's a joke. As soon as that went in you could see our old insecurities come back, if we had gone in 1-0 up at half time I think we would have gone on to finish them off reasonably comfortable.

ruined my saturday night.. stressful!!! green needs to step out of the marina

Sneijder looks like he wants Lampard's proud shots-off-target record though, and considering how little the fat one managed in the USA match, that's one accolade he won't be taking back to Chelsea with him.

This is looking like a stale-mate already.

• chimachima 33 Posts
    am i the only one who is a little bit bored of the matches in this WC so far?
    hope that the next 45min of holland denmark will be more eehhh exciting!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Okem said:
    That Turkish dude Mesut ??zil

you guys have serious issues!
    please stop your stupid asshole nazi comments. obssesed with it? well, it's just not funny!

Junior said:

Dirk for the golden boot/knee.

Grope said:
    Okem said:

please stop your stupid asshole nazi comments

Welcome to teh Strut. But you're right, the two Polish dudes playing for Germany are good, but I prefer the Brasilian who plays for Spain to the Turkish guy playing for Germany.

Typical Kuyt goal! No such thing as a lost cause.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Grope said:
    Okem said:

please stop your stupid asshole nazi comments

Welcome to teh Strut. But you're right, the two Polish dudes playing for Germany are good, but I prefer the Brasilian who plays for Spain to the Turkish guy playing for Germany.

ss.com

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The World Cup, bringing nations together.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    E_Daily said:
    HUP HOLLAND HUP!!!

We have to win 5:0 to silence the Germans now and Denmark is no Australia :/

Does anybody remember that crazy dutch fans videoblog for the last World Cup?
    I can't seem to find the old videos. I hope he's doing them again this year!

Haha, Brendan Hunt, he did those when i was working with him in Amsterdam, he is a great guy, funny as hell.

Strutter Optimus Lime just alerted me to Brendans blog: http://theunlikelyfan.blogspot.com/

His post where he breaks the teams down for Americans, comparing each team to an american sports team is pure genius.

its fucking great but no videos unfortunatly.

Apparently he did Jimmy Kimmel, but i cant find a video.

Talking about issues, where are the Nazi comments Grope? So far you've made a few references, but I haven't noticed any others... are people editing their comments or something?

What exactly are you getting yourself worked up about? Is it the lizard people?
    You need to smoke a blunt and get laid.