World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    I noticed some American press (like CNN today) calls the English team "Great Britain"
    guess they don't know about Scottish football?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Rooney who?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    wow.

did dude wear a green shirt to help him remember his name?

you guys are fuct. no upside. none whatsoever. you need to diversify your homoerotic sports phantasies across a few zones, not putting all your eggs in one basket...stuff like this pops up and you've all got complexes...that's why we got at least 2.5 big sports that we can gay off over AKA over which we can gay off...if you had other sports right now, you could pretend not to care...

harsh. Will this cat get murked like columbia or whatever? How can you possibly talk your way out of this one?

USA gotta be feeling good about this...tomorrow, the other two teams in the group will be playing hardcore for a win...

[quote author="skel date=1276363176 how boring England's style of fully blowing it is.

:beerbang:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Someone told me that all the best English athletes play Cricket and the Soccer team gets all the left overs.

That might explain them only tying the Yanks.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    musica said:
    DOR said:
    US played with a lot of heart.

This was the difference. England has no S.O.U.L.

I have no problem stating US played with some heart. But don't get things twisted. The goal was a bullshit one on a lazy mistake by Green.

It's not like the US outclassed England in any way.

The game was pretty even most of the way through.

DOR said:

and, ultimately:

1 - 1.

USA USA USA!!!!!

I know you're all sleeping...but you're about to wake up...lol to a new era of soccermans dominance: USA USA USA!!!!

srsly can you take this Green dude out? He'll kill himself.

Is dude looking to defect? What's the deal? Those gloves gotsta be sticky icky, I'm claiming bilderburger jay-Z contrail conspiracy... there's just no way someone coulda done that without trying...

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    ...don't get things twisted
    Tthis match was a bad look on both parts.

...don't get things twisted
    Tthis match was a bad look on both parts.
    2-1 ingerland would've been somehow better for us freedom fighters???

the only stat that counts is final score: 1 - 1. boom.

• DOR said:
    musica said:
    DOR said:
    US played with a lot of heart.

This was the difference. England has no S.O.U.L.

I have no problem stating US played with some heart. But don't get things twisted. The goal was a bullshit one on a lazy mistake by Green.

It's not like the US outclassed England in any way.

What DOR said, although, I thought England had better breakaway speed and found alot more space but failed to capitalize.

Green looked like a broken man, terrible fuck up.

this green cat needs to stay out of big time sports if he's shook.

USA USA USA@!!!!!!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    Characteristically, the British press have turned on Rob Green this morning, with a couple of them referring to his mistake as "The Hand Of Clod". Poor fucker. Christ knows what they'd have written if England had lost. Never mind, though - good old David "Calamity" James is waiting in the wings...

Given that a significant percentage of the USA side play or have played in the Premier League, it wasn't that surprising to see them adopting familiar (to us) tactics such as sticking ten men behind the ball and defending in numbers, or trying to catch England on the break. A more open game might have been more enjoyable to watch but, in the cold light of day, the final result isn't actually a bad one for either team. It's only England's ridiculously high expectations that are leading the media in this country to treat it as a disaster.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Dukie, dude.

It was only a draw.

I know you Americans are fond of claiming win where there is none.

Save your celebrations for when you've actually achieved something.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Given that a significant percentage of the USA side play or have played in the Premier League, it wasn't that surprising to see them adopting familiar (to us) tactics such as sticking ten men behind the ball and defending in numbers, or trying to catch England on the break. A more open game might have been more enjoyable to watch but, in the cold light of day, the final result isn't actually a bad one for either team.

I thought we played well and were unlucky to have not got the result. The USA only had two shots on goal and never really looked like a threat. We played some good passing football (at times) and Capello seems to have broken our habit of forgetting how to play, when we come up against weak opposition, so I'm happy. We also never do well in opening games, 66 etc.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The press are caning Green, and rightly so IMHO.

If you're going to fuck up, do it in some meaningless EPL fixture, not at the fucking WC Finals.
    We don't need unlucky goaltenders here.

Dude only had a couple of things to do. If you or I fucked up royally in some crucial work scenario that comes up once every 4 years, best believe we'd be tinned.

Anyways, we're both going through if the Slovenia vs Algeria game was a half-way true guide.

Now I'd like to kick off WC Poetry corner with an entry for these first few games:

Bafana Bafana
    Dressed up like a fucking banana
    Dressed up like Brazil
    But this ain't no Copacabana
    Dressed up like Norwich City, straight up shitty
    Meximan playing like its 'manana, manana'
    Doc says 'fuck a vuvuzela'
    but you gets no Mandela, no Hugh Masakela
    Know who'd save that Dempsey shot?
    My Nana.

Thank you.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    For those UK heads watching on ITV HD last night. Theres a precedent

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Someone told me that all the best English athletes play Cricket and the Soccer team gets all the left overs.

That might explain them only tying the Yanks.

not exactly...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Okem said:
    Dukie, dude.

It was only a draw.

I wanna slap someone right now

DOR said:

:next_level:

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Okem said:
    Dukie, dude.

It was only a draw.

Asshurt much?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    DOR said:
    Okem said:
    Dukie, dude.

It was only a draw.

I wanna slap someone right now

WTF?!?!
    Ok, I officially dislike the American soccer team more than the English.

"Save your celebrations for when you've actually achieved something"

Co-sign

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    DOR said:

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    England couldn't win a ball in the air despite what they tried (ok maybe 4-5). Great result for USA, they shut down Rooney and Lampard, they were literally ghosts out there. Gerrard was playing great in the first half but he didn't get the same effort from his teammates and by the second half he didn't have the same energy.

Green looked shaky as fuck on that Altidore shot too... check the replay, it skimmed off his gloves the same way the first goal went in, except this time the post was there to help.

I'm just glad all my English friends can't talk shit to me about the quality of US soccer anymore, they finally have a solid side who can hang in there with some of the top teams in the world. Whether they can beat them, that is to be determined, but they can hold their own.

Slovenia - Algeria game was pretty ehhh.... both USA and England can beat those two. I think 1st place in the group will be determined on goal difference, so England has an edge there.

Reynaldo said:
    DOR said:

And though it is a bit 'assholeish' to print this headline, it is kind of funny and true.

To England fans around the world this is a loss.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    catalist said:
    I'm just glad all my English friends can't talk shit to me about the quality of US soccer anymore, they finally have a solid side who can hang in there with some of the top teams in the world. Whether they can beat them, that is to be determined, but they can hold their own.

i don't know if i would take it this far. The US were hardly putting the fear of god into England's defense. Outside of a few good Donovan crosses in the first half, the US did little to get the win. England were the better team, but not by that much. Whether that is because England played bad or US played good will show more over the next two matches.

that said, i was pretty happy with the performance of the US. Rooney was a no-show yesterday and that goes far to suggest that the US defense did a pretty decent job. Lennon/SWP didn't really do that much either, so all in all it was a decent defensive showing for the US. Tim Howard of course played really good yesterday.

but lets be really real here. US MOTM was Robert Green. we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

softest WC goal ever? David Seamen sleeps easier now that his goal is no longer the #1 England keeper gaffe.

I agree that USA did not threaten the English defense consistently, but they have stepped it up over the last 8 years with the quality of their attack. They played a more defensive game, that is for sure. Carragher is a liability for England, with his terrible tackles and lack of pace (Altidore schooled him)....if only England brought him on earlier!!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    If Grope was here, he'd probably be telling us all how shitty this German side was, and how they couldn't play.

Australia look like a pub team. That said, Cahill's red card was a joke.

• Deutschland, Deutschland. Uber alles.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Australia was weak, but still: Germany did a pretty good job.