World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Talking about issues, where are the Nazi comments Grope? So far you've made a few references, but I haven't noticed any others... are people editing their comments or something?

What exactly are you getting yourself worked up about? Is it the lizard people?
    You need to smoke a blunt and get laid.

jesus fucking christ. you people are seriuosly dumb bitches!!!

there's a post that quotes the german national anthem. the banned verse. neo-nazis love to sing it! i don't really get what's wrong with the people on soulstrut. ignorant hipsters!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,787 Posts
    Grope said:

jesus fucking christ. you people are seriuosly dumb bitches!!!

there's a post that quotes the german national anthem. the banned verse. neo-nazis love to sing it! i don't really get what's wrong with the people on soulstrut. ignorant hipsters!

Well if that's what you had a problem with, maybe you should've aimed your anger at that post.
    BTW, are The Dead Kennedy's ignorant nazi hipsters for referencing it?

(you don't actually need to answer that)

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hi Grope, nice to see you back posting on the board.

Junior said:
    Hi Grope, nice to see you back posting on the board.

Personally I'm stuck between poasting a youtube of Monty Python's Life of Brian with the 'Jehova' scene, asking if The Dead Kennedy's mis-heard it as the band verse, or trawling for Harry Enfield's extremely un-PC sketch about apologising-for-conduct.

What happens to Grope when Germany lose?

To be fair to Grope, I've seen bad looks on here before by some Strutters reverting back to mentioning the war at the first sign of any disagreements which would perhaps account for continuing tender buttock antics. I'm just happy to have the angry German back on here for this tournament even with the prospect of us meeting them in the second round on the cards.

Junior said:
    I'm just happy to have the angry German back on here for this tournament even with the prospect of us meeting them in the second round on the cards.

Frightening. Germany & Argentina have played the best football so far.

England, for about 20 mins after we scored (the first goal that is) looked alright. But Rooney was isolated as usual. One-on-one vs the keeper, and Heskey fluffs it. SWP had a nice chance, and his shot was tame.
    We should've taken Sol Campbell instead of King imo.
    Cometh the hour, cometh the gormless slack-jawed spacker. I mean Joe Cole.

The worst performance I've seen so far goes to Ribery. Every time, and I mean EVERY time he got the ball, he tried to dribble past opponents. He never even pretended that he was going to pass the ball, which = predictable for defenders. Think Ribery lost possession more than any player I've watched so far.

Yeah we weren't awful but what frightened me was that, as per every single tournament we qualify for, we didn't appear to have any alternative plan when the first one of give it to the talented lad and let him score failed.

I can't help but wonder again why we didn't give Johnson a shot as someone who might do something instead of once again filling our squad full of half fit and out of form players. You also have to wonder why he took Upson and Dawson if he's going to bring on Carragher as centre half cover.

Still, early doors, I'm sure things will look better after Slovenia and a Crouch hat trick.

France was the only game I didn't see any of, from the accounts I've heard can't say I regret it.

Japan look awesome. I feel much better about our hard fought 2-1 win now.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    damn this japan/cameroon game is boring, eto'o is not doing a damn thing.

Podolski's 82mph screamer.

Is that the only time the new tournament ball has been kicked hard but hasn't ballooned upwards?

Whoa. That was easy.

• so i have park ji sung and honda in my fantasy squad, but didn't put either in my team for this round...

idiot.

on the plus side, i did put dempsey in. USA! USA! USA!

Asshole.

;-)

No, wait. Arsehole!

Oh my word. That was a terrible miss.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    These Japanese fall over easy.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    so disapointed for african teams right now.
    Algeria could have gained something from the england US draw
    the coach made a poor change (dude was sent off) and the goalie a terrible mistake
    cameroon is some unorganized bullshit but i knew that already (the group will kill them)
    i am happy for ghana's victory but no essien means no significant progress
    i hope didier broken arm drogba can make a return...
    i can't really beleive that south africa will make a south korea of themselves but who knows
    nigeria :youaintgonnadoshit:
    ever since senegal's miracle run (which they self-destructed and consequently went on to playing poorly for nearly a decade) i have not been excited about an african team's chances
    :(
    african pessimism in full effect

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    also my girl is a huge paraguay fan
    and i love the feisty gnomes but there best player (porto dude) is injured and their tough as nails striker is shot in the head and the bullet is still there

Okem said:
    These Japanese fall over easy.

Thought I saw a wink too! Lot of diving form the Japanese. Lots.

Tournament wise, there's been a lot of over-hit passes & shots. Is it a marketing ploy, because I almost want to buy one of these new balls just to see how poor they are or aren't.

pcmr said:
    also my girl is a huge paraguay fan
    and i love the feisty gnomes but there best player (porto dude) is injured and their tough as nails striker is shot in the head and the bullet is still there

That bullet in the head saga is by far my favourite story of the world cup so far. Couldn't make it up. I wouldn't write all the African teams off yet though I don't see this being the one where Pele's prediction finally comes true. Ghana look ok and will probably get better, Ivory Coast have a talented squad and could do damage in their group.

Damn, thought we were about to get our first competitor for goal of the tournament then. Thwarted by the cross bar.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    how did usa do today? did we win another one?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    how did usa do today? did we win another one?

We don't play again until Friday morning, when we face Slovenia. Howard will be there holding shit down in goal and I think Bradley may start Torres in midfield over Clark, which I think would be a smart move.

soccerman genius!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    just reinverstigated the paraguayan situation
    their only big guys both strikers
    man city fans how was roque santa cruz pre-injury?
    this guy barrios has 3 goals/starts great but was an argentinian less than a year ago
    meaning they have injuries ruin their front and the country had to take drastic action
    GO PARAGUAY!

Italian named Danielle just flopped so hard... wow.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,848 Posts
    Wait, the Netherlands is playing Denmark? I thought they were the same country?

:-P

classic azzuri eyetalian blue vs paraguay's stripes are a draw in the uniform battle for me right now...

our princess sashes were weak, btw

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the socks go to italy but the paraguay jersey wins it
    flops abound but paraguay gets the goal
    si se puede!
    si se puede!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    goalie mistake and missed opportunity
    vamos a take the point

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts