World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    A surprising number of you have asked me to explain the Mexican scorer could have been offside given that there was a South African defender on the line. The reaosn is simple: the offside law states that there must be two players between the attacker and the goal-line - usually the goalkeeper is one, but on this occassion Khune had gone on an impromptu safari, leaving just one defender and rendering the attacker offside.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Didn't see that coming. You gotta love football.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    the game is streaming on espn3.com
    at least in the states, i feel dumb for not knowing that...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    What a goal. Bet that stadium is going bananas!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    If South Africa wins this opening match, that place is gonna be pretty crazy tonight.

I'm not sure we're doing blocks, but the CBC here in Canada is showing every match.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/live/match1.html

PENALTY!

Denied.

Is that Franco kid the player Man U signed recently?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    DOR said:
    If South Africa wins this opening match, that place is gonna be pretty crazy tonight.

I'm not sure we're doing blocks, but the CBC here in Canada is showing every match.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/live/match1.html

Only works in Canada. ESPN 3 only works with certain internet providers. If you are in the USA and can't get ESPN 3 to work the best option is futbol.univision.com but the commentary is obviously in Spanish.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    GOOOLLLLLLLLLL

Well fuck a duck, that just pooped on South Africa's party.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Rafa Marquez is, of course, in my FF side.

Can I be the first to say "fuck a vuvuzela"? If the constant monotone swarm-of-bees noise wasn't enough, there's no climactic cheer at the final whistle - just the same irritating drone we've endured for the last 90 minutes. I hope to Christ it doesn't spread beyond SA.

Verdict: not a great game. Second half was better, but SA could (should?) have nicked it.

The 2nd game is pretty boring.

Co-sign on the horns. That shit is ok for the host games. But during the other games is horrible.

I wanna hear cheering and singing. Not horns non stop.

DocMcCoy said:
    Can I be the first to say "fuck a vuvuzela"? If the constant monotone swarm-of-bees noise wasn't enough, there's no climactic cheer at the final whistle - just the same irritating drone we've endured for the last 90 minutes. I hope to Christ it doesn't spread beyond SA.

Verdict: not a great game. Second half was better, but SA could (should?) have nicked it.

With any luck some country's fans will introduce the concept of singing to the South Africans, and they might realise what they're missing.

Not a great game, but I expect RSA would've taken that result before the match.

Looking forward to tonights game, with beer + doobage.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    SA's goal was a gem!

good result for the hometown heroes, but they should've pulled it out. awful marking on that mexico goal, and i can't believe they nicked the post in those last minutes.

World Cup FTW :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

A post of more places you might find the game online. The comment sections have good info as well. Expand comments...

http://lifehacker.com/5559652/where-to-watch-world-cup-soccer-streaming-live#comments

• Cosign on the horns! I thought it was the speakers on the tv playing up. Not a bad game though.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    dammit, France plays such booooooring soccer. i've thought that for years now, but recently, and obviously this game in particular, it's been especially mindnumbing. but hey, i'm glad the geriatric Anelka could slip in his fake teeth, chug some prune juice, and make it out onto the pitch for one more waltz around the park.

i was hoping Uruguay would play more exciting, but it looks like they were content to just sit back and pull the draw, without much in the way of, say, runs or attacks of any sort...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Tet

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I have a headache already

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    thankfully i have already learned to ignore the vuvuzelas from last summer's ConFed cup. but yeah, those things suck ballz.

here's to hoping Rooney can't deal with that sound and gets all Shrek-Agro on an official tomorrow.

• I fear the French (this Year) are the new Italy

• I fear the French (this Year) are the new Italy

• The French are the new Italians i think

• The French are the new Italians i think

jlee said:
    thankfully i have already learned to ignore the vuvuzelas from last summer's ConFed cup. but yeah, those things suck ballz.

here's to hoping Rooney can't deal with that sound and gets all Shrek-Agro on an official tomorrow.

Here's hoping that the vuvuzelas only predominate at the host nation's games, and the rest of the world can continue with the business-as-usual singing, chanting and hurling of racial epithets.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    i wish you guys would've told me Henry is ancient, and isn't even starting...

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    some idiot at the south african bar this morning
    was blowing one of those horns

worse in person than on tv

not a bad match between #17 vs #82

only 2 blown game changer calls

are the french the new dutch ?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    some idiot at the south african bar this morning
    was blowing one of those horns

worse in person than on tv

not a bad match between #17 vs #82