TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Make it so.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Christ this place is slow these days. I may actually have to do some work soon if it doesn't pick up.

Browsing like minded boards just noticed that the Brillo on vgplus is tonight so guess that's out. Are we going to organise a meet up of UK strutters some time soonish then?

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html

We could maybe meet up for one of the games, although pref not an England game as getting into a pub could prove impossible, and I don't want to break down and cry infront of you guys if we get knocked out.

Maybe a meal before or after too!

Any takers?

Or is the playing records in a bar with decks idea possible? Beatnik???

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Yes, the place is slow. I think it's the shock of the new.

UK meet would be good. Gotta be London, I would suspect. Not too many naw-vern mank-eees on here.
    You will be able to observe my % resemblance to Les Dawson. Obviously, he has the more musical talent.
    And humour. I am slightly lighter doe.

Going anywhere nice this year?

A week in eye-bizzle coming up. With the kids of course, so will probably end up further away from the Dawson physique, despite my best efforts. These affairs are usually busier than a one-armed juggler with a dose of crabs. You will comprehend that I find clubbing to be a vulgar, emperor's-new-clothes pilled-up herd move. The island has far more to offer than that; just a shame that the mega-clubs and San Antonio get all the press. The Old Town is a very pleasant place to pass the time. Give me a caipirinha and some chillout and I'm good.

Having said that, I have the opportunity to gain free egress to Pacha on Saturday but I will have been up since 3AM that morning and will be coping with whatever beer intake the England v USA match entails beforehand. Poor timing... I'll be asleep before half-time, put your mortgage on it.

[Hairdresser]Going anywhere nice this year?[/hairdresser]

Was wondering about whether to schedule it to coincide with a world cup match so when the pleasant conversation inevitably dries up and heated exchanges begin to occur over the relevance of modern rap, the joy of smooth jazz and, of course, Thierry Henry, we can all content ourselves by looking at the TV screens.

I'm off on a sigh, staycation, sigh, from the middle of next week till the 28th June which should pretty much cover England's involvement in the competition but maybe early July is the way to go?

Would still be up for a records based event though I'd obviously just come equipped with my Mp3 player and a line of withering DJ put downs.

Sadly I don't think I'll be jetting off to far flung shores at all this year unless the lottery comes through or I bit the bullet and start offering happy endings in my lunch breaks.

B/w Jimster, Ste*e informed Leo and I that you were a man detached from the ageing process crushing my expectations of Dawson jowls and ruddy complexions. It'd definitely be nice if we could expand the group to include a few new faces though I sense that Dolo will forever be the one that got away.

28th of June? Group stages. 29th is a Tuesday (and payday).
    Quarterfinals on the Friday or Saturday (4pm & 8pm, 2nd & 3rd July). Could be a pwopa nawtee all-dayer.

EDIT: or, there's before Senior goes away. Footy on Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Tue/etc

Jimster, I'm not so shallow that I can't see beyond, and refrain from judging you on, your physical appearance. The spirit of Dawson resides within you. I can sense it.

I added Dolo to my 'buddy list' and he still hasn't replied.

I'll try a PM.

...................................................................................................................................

http://tobiastenney.com/2010/06/toxoplasma/

http://www.economist.com/sciencetechnology/displaystory.cfm?story_id=16271339&fsrc=scn/tw/te/rss/pe

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

Damn. It would be interesting to see the posting rate a month ago compared to now. It has gone right down the shitter.
    Or maybe it's because of the summer holidays, eh? LOL. Shiny new website but no punters? Hmmmm.

I'm grumpy, partly because teh Strut is now blocked at my work.
    Partly because what was here is now gone.
    Partly because work has become busier and way too serious.

And also because the world seems to be populated by complete and utter cunts like James Corden and Christine Bleakley. And tbh I wouldn't discount President Barack Obama from that group either. Terrible looks over BP. Squealing with mock impotent rage. But no mention of that great American company Union Carbide. Oh no. Well it's only 15000 dead Indians, innit? I'll bet he can't even fix a leaking tap.

Rant over.

skel said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Damn. It would be interesting to see the posting rate a month ago compared to now. It has gone right down the shitter.
    Or maybe it's because of the summer holidays, eh? LOL. Shiny new website but no punters? Hmmmm.

I was wondering that as a lot of the most prolific posters seemed to have slowed right down on here recently though a good bit of controversy or beef should liven things up again hopefully.

I'm grumpy, partly because teh Strut is now blocked at my work.

Time to look for a new job. I mean, sure you're well paid, in a profitable industry, and you have small children to feed but I think this is really all about priorities no?

Christ

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/7813370/Konnie-Huq-to-marry-Charlie-Brooker.html

Konnie Huq to marry Charlie Brooker
    TV presenter Konnie Huq has become engaged to Screenwipe host and writer Charlie Brooker.

The former Blue Peter host, who is filming for ITV2's The Xtra Factor which she will host this year, has been secretly dating Brooker for several months.

The relationship is said to have blossomed since she appeared on his Screenwipe series on BBC4 last year.

Cambridge-educated Huq dated Radio 5 Live presenter Richard Bacon for many years.

Huq's spokeswoman said today: ''I can confirm they are engaged.''

Brooker also hosts Channel 4 series You Have Been Watching and wrote the station's zombie spoof Dead Set, broadcast in 2008.

Earlier this year Huq dropped a less than subtle hint about her relationship during an interview, when she revealed she was dating a TV screenwriter called Charlie

''He's definitely a keeper and I'm very happy,'' she said. ''Is he 'the one?' Yes, but then I say that about everyone I date. Two weeks later, I've changed my mind.

''I do want to get married and have at least three babies, but I know I need to get a move on. While I was in Blue Peter my life was on hold and suddenly I'm in my 30s.

''But I will get married. To Charlie? Maybe. We mustn't jinx things though,'' she added.

Highly elaborate joke or proof that a bit of fame can allow you to punch way above your weight?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    Junior said:
    Christ

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/7813370/Konnie-Huq-to-marry-Charlie-Brooker.html

TV presenter Konnie Huq has become engaged to Screenwipe host and writer Charlie Brooker.

The former Blue Peter host, who is filming for ITV2's The Xtra Factor which she will host this year, has been secretly dating Brooker for several months.

The relationship is said to have blossomed since she appeared on his Screenwipe series on BBC4 last year.

Cambridge-educated Huq dated Radio 5 Live presenter Richard Bacon for many years.

Huq's spokeswoman said today: ''I can confirm they are engaged.''

Brooker also hosts Channel 4 series You Have Been Watching and wrote the station's zombie spoof Dead Set, broadcast in 2008.

Earlier this year Huq dropped a less than subtle hint about her relationship during an interview, when she revealed she was dating a TV screenwriter called Charlie

''He's definitely a keeper and I'm very happy,'' she said. ''Is he 'the one?' Yes, but then I say that about everyone I date. Two weeks later, I've changed my mind.

''I do want to get married and have at least three babies, but I know I need to get a move on. While I was in Blue Peter my life was on hold and suddenly I'm in my 30s.

''But I will get married. To Charlie? Maybe. We mustn't jinx things though,'' she added.

Highly elaborate joke or proof that a bit of fame can allow you to punch way above your weight?

At first I thought this might have been a bit of Chris Morris-style subterfuge, and some kind of documentary attempting to get under the skin of Celeb Culture might have been behind it all.

However, a mate of mine who was in Nathan Barley and knows Brooker pretty well has confirmed that it's 100% kosher and that no pissers are being pulled (well, maybe one). He says they're completely loved-up and that it's really rather sweet.

Moral: if you can make her laugh, you're in.

DocMcCoy said:
    Junior said:
    Christ

At first I thought this might have been a bit of Chris Morris-style subterfuge, and some kind of documentary attempting to get under the skin of Celeb Culture might have been behind it all.

However, a mate of mine who was in Nathan Barley and knows Brooker pretty well has confirmed that it's 100% kosher and that no pissers are being pulled (well, maybe one). He says they're completely loved-up and that it's really rather sweet.

Moral: if you can make her laugh, you're in.

Not feelin' her elbows.
    Maybe it's the Blue Peter connection, but she seems too sweet really.

Good on him. He has made me laugh for some time and she's hot. Hotter than that bird Walliams has ended up with.

Will it make his humour less cynical doe?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm a fan of the Huq, but she's not SO hot, to be out of Brookers' league, surely?

An old friend of mine, who was the type to frequent the more up market night spots in London town, was once offered oral gratification by the Huq. He duly turned her down, only to be informed by her friend that it was definitely his loss, as she was about to be the next Blue Peter presenter.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    funny guys get all the hot chicks, standard. i say well done to him. she wouldn't take it off for playboy but she would for him, the mind boggles

Okem said:
    He duly turn her down, only to be informed by her friend that it was definitely his loss, as she was about to be the next Blue Peter presenter.

hahaha. all manner of blue balls peter jokes there

so come on then, who in this thread has tried it on with a sleb? i have one of the winstone's numbers in my phone. at a party, she was drunk, pleased it didn't happen, she's obviously a foo.

edit: that was before the agent provocateur catalog tho.

I'm far too classy to engage in such shenanigans though a little while ago in the pub we ended up talking to the daughter of a certain wobbly legged, bung happy, ex goalkeeper's daughter. My Scouse friend thought all his numbers had come in at once and went on a wooing mission. Unfortunately this wooing consisted of reeling off his encyclopaedic knowledge of all her father's achievements which, unsurprisingly, didn't have the intended love potion affect and she quickly made her excuses and left.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    I was in a pub with Kelly Brook once (sadly she was with Wasshisface from the Crank Films) I did take all his cash out of the Fruit Machine after they'd left though so who come off best then hey HEY!

Wife told Tarrantino to stfu when his party of braying sycophants were too loud in a restaurant.

He did.

I made Naomi Campbell laugh, without dropping my trousers.

That is all.

Not much famous totty in my location.

naomi campbell! good work. i always enjoy a good celebrity (or z-list celeb) yarn.

i was at a pub with alexa chung once, a great target for a slebchatup. however a)she was with arctic monkey dude b)they were surrounded by a human wall of arctic monkeys and hangers on c)in real life she is wayyyy emaciated and so is he. my horn for lexa has evaporated as a result.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I had a dalliance with a girl who has appeared in both Enders and Da Bill (classy). We were only 12 at the time though, so don't think it really counts.

Don't think I've even seen many famous 'sorts' out and about. I guess not living in London, or even in a metropolitan area, reduces the chance of such things greatly.

?

Spending a lot of time as I do in London I do think it also depends on whether you're looking or not. I tend to be fairly oblivious to it all and could quite happily sit next to a celeb for hours and not click unless someone actually pointed it out (usually they do this after the fact for their own amusement). Funnily enough the last celeb I did actually notice was Corden in Camden when I was going to meet friends to watch the second leg of Arsenal v Barca and that was only because I looked twice to work out what a stubbly portly slob was doing wandering round with an attractive blonde female.
    Duderonomy

Corden is a terminal knob, i find most of his tv presenting unfunny in a way that makes you feel cringey. props to Jean Luc Picard for the public sonning. the world cup song with Dizzee is jokes, you guys heard it yet? tears for fears cover

A friend of mine has just got back from a couple of weeks in Brooklyn doing a bit of meeja consultancy work in this vast, arty ???creative space??? a/k/a some old converted warehouse in Williamsburg. Anyway, while he was in the queue at the lunch counter one day, he observed a guy chatting up this gorgeous black girl while they were all stood in line. It seemed he was putting what he thought were some pretty slick moves on her; ???That's not a New York accent, is it? You must be from outta town, where are you from? Oh, Texas? Cool. And you're here for a photoshoot? Oh, I should have guessed you were a model, hahaha. Hey, would you like to meet up for a coffee later? Maybe get something to eat? No? OK, well here's my number anyway if you change your mind??? Throughout this, my mate tells me, the girl was courtesy personified ??? smiling and answering his questions without engaging in actual conversation, and politely rebuffing his advances. When the girl disappears with her lunch, this guy's mate comes over: ???Dude, please don't tell me you were just hitting on Beyonce...???

If you want an indication of the kind of astonishingly intimate information women will volunteer when in the company of other women, try this. The older sister of a girl I used to work with fucked Russell Brand a few years ago. Those of a sensitive disposition may want to skip this next bit. According to a mutual friend of the older sister (I don't even think younger sister knows I know this), whilst in the midst of the act and without warning, Brand shoved a finger up the girl's arse and, fixing her dead in the eye, sucked the finger dry from knuckle to tip.

I've neither pulled nor attempted to pull a celeb, but there was one strange episode when me and the missus were at a screening during the London Film Festival about ten years ago. I was in the queue for popcorn, nachos, etc., while the missus took a moment to fix herself up. A couple of places back in the queue were Gavin Rossdale and Gwen Stefani (who is properly gorgeous in the flesh, I should add) and one of the cast members of a very popular comedy was stood directly behind me. After I paid up and stood waiting for the missus, she began to eye my plate of nachos rather covetously. ???Ooh, those look hot!???, she said ???I bet they're not as hot as you, though...??? I didn't know where the fuck to put myself. ???You wouldn't mind if I had a quick nibble, would you???? By now I'd turned crimson. The Rossdale-Stefanis were trying bravely to stifle their laughter, and I'd begun to scope the foyer, hoping the missus would come and rescue me. It was then that I realised she'd been stood there for a few minutes, watching this whole traumatic exchange go down and trying desperately hard not to crack up either.

The celeb in question?

DocMcCoy said:
    A friend of mine has just got back from a couple of weeks in Brooklyn doing a bit of meeja consultancy work in this vast, arty ???creative space??? a/k/a some old converted warehouse in Williamsburg. Anyway, while he was in the queue at the lunch counter one day, he observed a guy chatting up this gorgeous black girl while they were all stood in line. It seemed he was putting what he thought were some pretty slick moves on her; ???That's not a New York accent, is it? You must be from outta town, where are you from? Oh, Texas? Cool. And you're here for a photoshoot? Oh, I should have guessed you were a model, hahaha. Hey, would you like to meet up for a coffee later? Maybe get something to eat? No? OK, well here's my number anyway if you change your mind??? Throughout this, my mate tells me, the girl was courtesy personified ??? smiling and answering his questions without engaging in actual conversation, and politely rebuffing his advances. When the girl disappears with her lunch, this guy's mate comes over: ???Dude, please don't tell me you were just hitting on Beyonce...???

If you want an indication of the kind of astonishingly intimate information women will volunteer when in the company of other women, try this. The older sister of a girl I used to work with fucked Russell Brand a few years ago. Those of a sensitive disposition may want to skip this next bit. According to a mutual friend of the older sister (I don't even think younger sister knows I know this), whilst in the midst of the act and without warning, Brand shoved a finger up the girl's arse and, fixing her dead in the eye, sucked the finger dry from knuckle to tip.

I've neither pulled nor attempted to pull a celeb, but there was one strange episode when me and the missus were at a screening during the London Film Festival about ten years ago. I was in the queue for popcorn, nachos, etc., while the missus took a moment to fix herself up. A couple of places back in the queue were Gavin Rossdale and Gwen Stefani (who is properly gorgeous in the flesh, I should add) and one of the cast members of a very popular comedy was stood directly behind me. After I paid up and stood waiting for the missus, she began to eye my plate of nachos rather covetously. ???Ooh, those look hot!???, she said ???I bet they're not as hot as you, though...??? I didn't know where the fuck to put myself. ???You wouldn't mind if I had a quick nibble, would you???? By now I'd turned crimson. The Rossdale-Stefanis were trying bravely to stifle their laughter, and I'd begun to scope the foyer, hoping the missus would come and rescue me. It was then that I realised she'd been stood there for a few minutes, watching this whole traumatic exchange go down and trying desperately hard not to crack up either.

The celeb in question?

WINNER.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

God I'm glad I never think of that type of thing Father. That whole sexual world. God, when you think of it it's a dirty, filthy thing, isn't it Father? Can you imagine Father? Can you imagine Father, looking up at your husband, and him standing over you with his lad in his hand, wanting you to degrade yourself? God almighty can you imagine that Father? Can you picture it there Father? Oh get a good mental picture of it. Can you see him there? Ready to do the business?

Strange. I can see you avatar on the main page Paul. Hope Rooney isn't about to do a Brand with that finger.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Ahh go on. Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.

What a man.

I hereby take back every word.