What did you want to be when you grew up...

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I wanted to become a Chef...I'm thinking about following it through now that I'm nearly 30 years old...anyone have any crazy career plans when they were a kid that never followed through?How about people who banked on working in a profession and actually made it there?peace.

Comments

• I wanted to become a Chef...no kidding!

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

I used to make militant Hip-Hop in my early teens, too.

So, basically I didn't get laid until I listened to Nine Inch Nails.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Design and Music

basically cursed myself to be brokeass for life

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    police officer

i was even a cop exploer scout for a year
    before i tuned in turned on & dropped the fuck out

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Same here...

Design and Music

basically cursed myself to be brokeass for life

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I had aspirations of being the greatest Jewish rapper in history.

Now that I've acheived that I've moved on to other fields of interest

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I had aspiration of being the greatest Jewish rapper in history.

But you forgot about my hommie Paul Barman (FACT: I was in fact meant to do cuts on his debut full-length, but I didn't get my ass in gear to get over to Mike Van Olden's house...)

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Uhhhhhh......

Before that I idolized Jimi Hendrix, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and Leonardo Da Vinci.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I had aspiration of being the greatest Jewish rapper in history.

But you forgot about my hommie Paul Barman

No I didn't

no, actually I like Paul a whole lot, and want him to drop another LP ASAP

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I wanted to be a Marine Biologist

now i want to be a sniper...or in advertising.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    a kindergarten teacher

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I wanted to be a recording engineer/producer, and I mean in a legitimate sense with a certificate and everything.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I wanted to be a successful motorcycle racer my dad, grandad & uncle. That all went foul when I sold my dirt bike & bought an electric guitar & amp to follow career choice number 2 which was rock star. That was in turn put on hiatus for a stretch while I tried to become a pro skater. To cut a long story short. I have never raced a bike but do still ride and restore older bikes. I got sponsored skating but then blew my sub-taler joint into little pieces which required major re-constructive surgery so I only occaisionally skate now. I am still doing the bands thing but rock stardom has been replaced by my settling for being a music teacher and actually getting a steady paycheck from music.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I wanted to be a recording engineer/producer, and I mean in a legitimate sense with a certificate and everything.

Been there, done that.

• i wanted to be an architect or an astronaut since the first time i remember being asked what i want to be when i grow up.

now i work long hours tripping out anthony pearson and designing a new library for the city of west hollywood and two private homes. the library is much more rewarding, probably the best project i have ever worked on.

p.s. ap don't trip out i work for raers.

• still looking forward to fulfilling my second dream and making a trip to outerspace. unlike timothy leary and gene roddenberry i'm hoping to be alive when i make my trip.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Always wanted to take out the trash

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    "to put the 's' on skittles so i could bring home skittles for free and eat them"
    -alieNDN at age 5

-cartoonist/make cartoons with minorities in them
    -writer for mad magazine
    -writer for wierd al yankovic parodies(after i saw him do smells like nirvana)

• girgir 329 Posts

-writer for mad magazine

at one time i wanted to write for cracked.

before that i wanted to be a bunch of different stuff, but mostly a ghostbuster.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    wanted to make records

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Always wanted to be a ninja.

This was my SHIT back in the day...

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Let's just say that Alex P. Keaton was my idol. I guess I wanted to be a yuppie? Fortunately, things didn't work out that way.

• Frankie Crocker

or a lawyer.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I wanted to be a professional jazz drummer, but instead, I became a college professor. My parents were not very supportive of me pursuing a musical career due to the uncertainty of it. In 1992, Jillian Rogers, an A&R lady at Idolmakers Mgt. (who liked that Birds of a Feather stuff on my Soundclick site but couldn't sign us) said to move to NYC to pursue hip hop production. Having been programmed by my folks to be a "worker bee" instead of an artist, I chose to finish college (c/o 1993) and go on to graduate school. I always wondered what would've happened if I had jetted to NYC...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    still dont know.

• Career choice #1 - rock drummer

Career choice #2 - Late night FM DJ

Career choice #237 (actual job) Computer Help Desk guy....