Rap You're Liking

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

one my favorite bounce songs from last year was in heavy rotation this past weekend:

good song and all, but amazing video.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    alley boy f eldorado red - play yo position

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Feelin Toot it & boot it.
    ive been away from the strut too long

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The Davinci has got some decent tracks on and certainly can't complain considering it's free.

Mainly still been churning through the millions of DJ Fresh Tonite Show albums, so many good tracks and in general his pick of the artists to work with is spot on.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

i can give average lyrics a pass if i am feeling the beats

wow

Don't act so surprised. How is this different from 85% of people listening to current rap on the Strut? I know dudes aren't checking for that new Nicki Minaj or Drake because of their lyrical talent.

I was commenting on the "I like jazz-based hip-hop" aspect of the poast; I don't see anything remarkable in caring more about production than rapping.

If SoulStrut dudes--or any dudes, for that matter--are checking for Nikki Minaj or Drake, they should be embarrassed of themselves.

I think Nicki Minaj is entertaining enough. She isn't curing cancer or anything, but she has moments. I'm not going to pretend it's anything more than what it is - smartly marketed cartoon hip-hop - and I doubt I could make it from one end of a Nicki Minaj album to the other, but she doesn't offend me.

I've tried with Drake, but the buzz seems out of proportion to the actual quality of the music. I sense a touch of Lupe Fiasco syndrome with him, whereby the people who gather around him seem to do so because of what he represents as opposed to what he actually is.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    (It's all about the Bj?rk & Tori Amos loopz in '10):

Really like the whole G-Side album.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I need to cop that E-40. Absolutely everything I've heard off it is

Oh, Meek Mill as well

• MrFingazMrFingaz 64 Posts

Didn't know he could flow... when it comes to him supposedly freestyling though.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Is this fingaz from san diego?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Feelin' this:

Though I admit I'm biased due to the fact that it uses the same sample as Abstract Tribe Unique's "Yesterday & Today." Hi Harvey & Johnny!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    The Davinci has got some decent tracks on and certainly can't complain considering it's free.

Mainly still been churning through the millions of DJ Fresh Tonite Show albums, so many good tracks and in general his pick of the artists to work with is spot on.

the davinci is the kind of record i should think is ughhh but somehow its super listenable anyway.

& i cosign w/ dj fresh -- i kinda od'd on everything last year but still

the davinci is the kind of record i should think is ughhh but somehow its super listenable anyway.

& i cosign w/ dj fresh -- i kinda od'd on everything last year but still

Yeah the davinci isn't exactly offering anything new but holds together well, think it helped that the first thing I heard of him was What You Finna Do which set it up nicely.

I've pretty much reached overload on Fresh now but can't fault him for the number of new rappers I'm now keeping an eye out for.

20min of Game
    like isn't really the word for it...more like wow.

I'm liking a lot of the new Young Buck

Trillville w/Cool G - Yeaaaaah!!

Yo Gotti - Cocaine Muzik 3

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    husalah - choppas out

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    New Roc Marciano is dropping soon and I already know - these tracks are all fire imo

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I posted this up last fall and it's finally getting radio play.

This beat is genius.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

This beat is genius.
    jesus.

anyone got a 256 or better of this???

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

this whole tape is pretty good

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

This beat is genius.
    jesus.

anyone got a 256 or better of this???

A;; I got is 128 but I'll ask if they can get me a higher bitrate 4 you.

• the hip hop version of

this whole tape is pretty good

• well that didn't take long,

he's leakin...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    speaking of dj fresh

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

This beat is genius.
    i feel awful for sleeping. this is incredible

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the raps are numbingly bad but man awesome bassline

• wow...ive been missing out on such jaw dropping releases, so much talent in this thread, hip hop music has been taken to new levels of which ive never heard before or even thought it could go.
    the lyricism, style, flow and concepts are so crrrrrazy, let me pop back over to the illmatic vs 36 chambers for that passe 94 shit that will never stand up to this current heat. BANGERZ IN HERE.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    are you one of those dudes who has a match.com account & describes himself as 'sarcastic' -- "if you dont like it, too bad!!!"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

the lyricism, style, flow and concepts are so crrrrrazy that passe 94 shit that will never stand up to this current heat. BANGERZ IN HERE.

"I'm like f*ck y'all n****s
    Slow motion coastin' ocean water flow so out of the ordinary canary diamond-exquisite listen to wizards ??something something?? extensive PIMPIN'"

BEAST.