Rap You're Liking

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

"I'm like f*ck y'all n****s
    Slow motion coastin' ocean water flow so out of the ordinary canary diamond-exquisite listen to wizards ??something something??[/b] extensive PIMPIN'"

That part is irking the hell out of me.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    wow...ive been missing out on such jaw dropping releases, so much talent in this thread, hip hop music has been taken to new levels of which ive never heard before or even thought it could go.
    the lyricism, style, flow and concepts are so crrrrrazy, let me pop back over to the illmatic vs 36 chambers for that passe 94 shit that will never stand up to this current heat. BANGERZ IN HERE.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I posted this up last fall and it's finally getting radio play.

This beat is genius.
    jesus.

anyone got a 256 or better of this???

A;; I got is 128 but I'll ask if they can get me a higher bitrate 4 you.

Please do - this is great but I can't really deal with 128...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    wow...ive been missing out on such jaw dropping releases, so much talent in this thread, hip hop music has been taken to new levels of which ive never heard before or even thought it could go.
    the lyricism, style, flow and concepts are so crrrrrazy, let me pop back over to the illmatic vs 36 chambers for that passe 94 shit that will never stand up to this current heat. BANGERZ IN HERE.

Said the Yes fan when he heard the first Ramones album.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    the raps are numbingly bad but man awesome bassline

The first verse in particular is so horrible it's actually grown on me (a bit). Really though, the raps are SHIT, but the beat is fucking awesome.

RAW_HAMBURGER: Would you agree with me that things are generally going strong beat-wise, but that more than often the lyrics leave a lot to be desired? A lot of these songs to me are just blah-blah-blah over some really good beats. That Roc Marciano dude for instance.

808s with a Microkorg preset I can do without though. Retire that sound, please.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Broadcasting what I've been listening to lately. All free music, local music.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I posted this up last fall and it's finally getting radio play.

This beat is genius.
    i feel awful for sleeping. this is incredible

yes, more rapps like this.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    The first verse in particular is so horrible it's actually grown on me (a bit). Really though, the raps are SHIT, but the beat is fucking awesome.

That's YG. He got signed to Def Jam. Pu$haz Inc

Whe Whoaaaaa! Hook makes completes it as hit status.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Did he do the beat?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Any of y'all riding for this one?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

I imagine that this is what faux_rills dreams are like.

• Was that his mother on the porch right at the end?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts
    That Kurupt album drops tomorrow. Should be worth checking out. How do others rate his prior albums?

New Roc Marciano is dropping soon and I already know

Wait till you hear Hide My Tears on the album...I've had that one on repeat for months now. Same sample as Smile by Alchemist.

well that didn't take long,

he's leakin...

Actually, that track has been out since the meme was hot...so yeah, didn't take long at all! Check for 'Sorry', which is also hilarious and came out more recently.

• Any of y'all riding for this one?

i came back for more bangers... took a sip and spit this garbage right out.

ride for yet another song about selling coke and a chain..really...again ?
    its not even bad... its sad.
    im sure some of yall love it.. and think all this shit is cute... and keeps you so "connected".
    if your over 30 and this poison resonates with you...you at least better have a "chain" or your a fuccking clown.

the real nitty gritty science behind it all tho..fools are the walking dead...zombie ass lifestyle you portray.

this shits a problem. aside from the fact its lacking any creativity.

can we fast forward to the scene when he goes to jail and despite his street status he has to claim a totally different side = aryan.

wait, yall do see he's got dreads....dreads used to stand for something.. fuck outta here with your fake ass fashion statement.

VACUUM MUSIC.

thank god i dont have kids.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Hmm, I musta missed the part where someone on here said they like that song.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    was that a parody?

I couldn't tell

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

just did an google image search for YG. there's some great ones up top.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

THIS IS AWFUL!!! What the hell is he sayin other than Code Name. I wonder if his mother sees this and says, "I'm so proud of my little boy".

• Hmm, I musta missed the part where someone on here said they like that song.

no shots... just in general.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

just did an google image search for YG. there's some great ones up top.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,079 Posts

im sure some of yall love it.. and think all this shit is cute... and keeps you so "connected".
    if your over 30 and this poison resonates with you...you at least better have a "chain" or your a fuccking clown.

the real nitty gritty science behind it all tho..fools are the walking dead...zombie ass lifestyle you portray.

This dude does look like a zombie! That's a fantastic code name. There's no way the Feds will know who "White" is in their crew I'm convinced its a parody, though. The black chauffer was the giveaway.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    There's some cool shit in this thread but also some really suspect motherfucking shit too.

Seems to me that people often mistake "new" for "good" or "not on a major" for "good" Or, to be blunt, "trap" for "good" and (oh shit it's about to be taken there...) "Southern" for "good." Not saying, just saying. And before any of the usual suspects have a conniption, don't put words in my mouth and say that I'm "hating" Southern rap because of the last part of that statement.

That being said, that Toot It Boot It shit is really cool. All the new Pill shit I heard recently is banging. The new Ross shit, that Jacka shit... and yeah a bunch of joints on the E-40 album ("Server" is my favorite beat of the year so far.)

A ton of Philly dudes are murdering the game right now on some rap shit. New York, unfortunately not so much. I can't really fuck with a lot of the street dudes, French Montana and all them dudes, Red Cafe and that... it's so ho-hum. I stay hearing new Fab shit that's banging. He's pretty much the only NY that's killing shit IMO.

And Nicki Minaj. I LUH HER.

*Edit: That Code Name shit is fucking hilarious.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

for a dude as seemingly intelligent as this guy--having made a lot of money in the dope game, as cutthroat as it is--it's surprising that his investment vehicle of choice is a gold chain, which doesn't have

a) the high returns of more dope
    or
    b) the security of real estate, bonds, or long-term mutual funds

then again i don't have a code name.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

THIS IS AWFUL!!! What the hell is he sayin other than Code Name. I wonder if his mother sees this and says, "I'm so proud of my little boy".

dude already fusked himself in the game. his name is "white" apparently, which makes googling him damn near impossible. ghetto mkting fail.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Seems to me that people often mistake "new" for "good" or "not on a major" for "good" Or, to be blunt, "trap" for "good" and (oh shit it's about to be taken there...) "Southern" for "good."

They might even take what they "like" for "good"!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

Seems to me that people often mistake "new" for "good" or "not on a major" for "good" Or, to be blunt, "trap" for "good" and (oh shit it's about to be taken there...) "Southern" for "good."

Very good point. But my thing is, how do these clowns get on?? They get crazy support from their area and even MTV will run these lame ass videos and I just don't get it. Wow, I guess you can tell I'm in my 30's. There's little dudes in my city that would rhyme circles around the Gucci Manes, OJ da Juicemans and the rest of the circus that's out right now. Oh well, I respect their hustle. I just can't stand the noise.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Touche!

Then again, "Barbie Girl" sold a massive amount of units...

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

Touche!

Then again, "Barbie Girl" sold a massive amount of units...

Good thing for Aqua, cuz Mattel sued the hell out of them. Damn, I can't believe I know their name.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah, yeah you do!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    HAHA!!! Come - On - Cosmo - Lets - Go - Par'tee.