Rap You're Liking

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Killer Mike's part is still killer - 3.25

(well, I like the response more than the song...and the one homegirl looks like she showed up to support, but you know, she's got other shit to get to this afternoon)Alley Boy - I Don't Wanna Dat Bad

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Guilty Simpson & Madlib - OJ Simpson.
    E-40 - Revenue Retrievin' Day Shift.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

i like mainly jazzz based hip hop, i can give average lyrics a pass if i am feeling the beats

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Sadat X - Wild Cowboys II

• Options
    Guilty Simpson & Madlib - OJ Simpson.

Yes!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i like mainly jazzz based hip hop, i can give average lyrics a pass if i am feeling the beats

wow

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

wow

what can i say, i havent aged well

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

i can give average lyrics a pass if i am feeling the beats

wow

Don't act so surprised. How is this different from 85% of people listening to current rap on the Strut? I know dudes aren't checking for that new Nicki Minaj or Drake because of their lyrical talent.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

wow

Don't act so surprised. How is this different from 85% of people listening to current rap on the Strut? I know dudes aren't checking for that new Nicki Minaj or Drake because of their lyrical talent.

Man people have been ripping Nickl Minaj apart saying she is the ugly lost twin of Lil Kim!!! I'd still smash

Oh yeah I like that K salaam & Beatnick compilation !

• TDS MOB 3 PIECE 'BUNDLE' - DWG006 / DWG007 / DWGCD002

Includes:

1 x DWG006 - TDS MOB - 'THE DOPE COMMITTEE E.P.' (12" VINYL)
    1 x DWG006 - TDS MOB - 'THE BOSTON CLASSICS E.P.' (12" VINYL)
    1 x DWGCD002 - TDS MOB - 'TREACHEROUS, DEVASTATING, SUPREME' (CD/DVD)

PLUS: Three 8x10 press photos taken in '88 (bundle exclusive)

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts
    Snoop, Nipsey & Kurupt - West Side Rollin'
    50 Cent - Suicide Watch (still)
    Styles P - Make Millions from Entertainment
    Kokane - Twilight Zone
    Killer Mike - Don't F*ck Wit U
    those Freeway & Jake One iTunes bonus tracks

Looking forward to Marcberg!

Oh, and Dre went on CNBC yesterday and said that Detox is dropping this year (single in 2 weeks). *shrug*

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

Talking of which, myself and Senior just met Beatnick dude for a pint this lunchtime and he's a very nice dude indeed.

Apparently about to start work on a bespoke Clownstep track made entirely from the contents of a pile of Mike Olfdield 45s.

Should be next level.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    Snoop, Nipsey & Kurupt - West Side Rollin'

Yes! I've been digging what I've been hearing from Nipsey Hussle quite a bit.

Other than that I've only really been listening to the new E-40. That and Nicki Minaj, because it freaks out the squares.

Oh, and Dre went on CNBC yesterday and said that Detox is dropping this year (single in 2 weeks). *shrug*

I don't watch CNBC at all, but is it common for dudes like Dre to pop up on CNBC to talk about when their album is coming out? This feels like bizarro world or something. Oh, here we go "Talking 'Beats' with Dr. Dre". Wacky.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts

Talking of which, myself and Senior just met Beatnick dude for a pint this lunchtime and he's a very nice dude indeed.

Apparently about to start work on a bespoke Clownstep track made entirely from the contents of a pile of Mike Olfdield 45s.

Should be next level.

lol u f*ckin joker

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    incidently i've got nothin to do with ksalaam and beatnick, just to make that clear.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Man people have been ripping Nickl Minaj apart saying she is the ugly lost twin of Lil Kim!!! I'd still smash
    !

Is it me or does this chick have a dick? That is one big cameltoe!

Oribasan1

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I don't watch CNBC at all, but is it common for dudes like Dre to pop up on CNBC to talk about when their album is coming out? This feels like bizarro world or something. Oh, here we go "Talking 'Beats' with Dr. Dre". Wacky.
    I think Dre was somehow tied into a story about opening day for Major League Baseball. I caught a glimpse of him wearing an Atlanta Braves or St. Louis Cardinals jersey or something. I, too, shrugged my shoulders.

I'd be curious if Vegas or that Dublin exchange had a line on the release of Detox.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Young Nick - Out of this World
    http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_3663940

The Culprit & Pimpin Pen - List of Demands
    http://the-culprit.com/@/Music/_tracks/43/file.mp3

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

I think Dre was somehow tied into a story about opening day for Major League Baseball. I caught a glimpse of him wearing an Atlanta Braves or St. Louis Cardinals jersey or something. I, too, shrugged my shoulders.

I'd be curious if Vegas or that Dublin exchange had a line on the release of Detox.

I think he was at Fenway. I have no idea why, though.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts
    > Wacky.

Seemed like infomercial-as-news. Creepy.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

wow

I was commenting on the "I like jazz-based hip-hop" aspect of the poast; I don't see anything remarkable in caring more about production than rapping.

If SoulStrut dudes--or any dudes, for that matter--are checking for Nikki Minaj or Drake, they should be embarrassed of themselves.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I posted this up last fall and it's finally getting radio play.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts

wow

I was commenting on the "I like jazz-based hip-hop" aspect of the poast; I don't see anything remarkable in caring more about production than rapping.

If SoulStrut dudes--or any dudes, for that matter--are checking for Nikki Minaj or Drake, they should be embarrassed of themselves.

im checking for drake and not embarrassed at all...and i make jazzy hiphop. could care less about what anyone else thinks, his output is listenable for me.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Fusk jazzy hip-hop!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Some recent NOLA hip hop (non-bounce):

Aquaforce

the Smokee Robinson Currensy mixtape for sure.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    And oh yes, in the rap/r&b category, Keyshia Cole and Young Jeezy 'Never Again' has been in constant rotation. It is TOO SHORT and please! someone! fix that messy abrupt ending.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    his output is listenable for me.

damn we've really lowered the bar here, haven't we?

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Been playing the new B Dolan album on my walk to work all week.
    Also loving the new Sage Francis track 'slow man'.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    could care less about