TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Who Shot The Sheriff? PART 1 from Alan Miles on Vimeo.

Another look at 99.9% white London, this time in the late 70s. I took part in the march in this film.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Another look at 99.9% white London,

Well, to be fair. A friend did tell him this from first hand knowledge... haha

Thanks for posting the vid. I enjoyed the whole Clapton bit. Need to watch part 2.

Life seemed pretty crazy in England during those years.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

GREETINGS FROM THE U.S.A.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Fair play. City again managing to snatch mediocrity from the jaws of grandeur.

Taxi for Mancini!

Another look at 99.9% white London,

Well, to be fair. A friend did tell him this from first hand knowledge... haha

Thanks for posting the vid. I enjoyed the whole Clapton bit. Need to watch part 2.

Life seemed pretty crazy in England during those years.

Yeah, looking back, it was pretty crazy. Crazier for some rather than others, though. My girlfriend's brothers are about the same age as me, and her family lived in Bethnal Green back when that part of town was a bit of a National Front stronghold. We were all round my girl's ma's house a few months back, talking about our experiences during that time. Obviously theirs were very different to mine. They were telling me that, in places like Haggerston and Hoxton during the mid-70s - places which have since become much more integrated, kind of gentrified, even - it was by no means unusual for black teenagers, and even younger black kids, to be chased and beaten by grown men. One of her brothers told me a story about how he had to go on an errand a short distance from their block to a newsagent on the Bethnal Green Road. He was about 14 at the time. Anyway, just as he reached the top of the road, an older white guy took him to one side and said, "Where are you going, son?" He said he was just going to get a Sunday paper for his mum. "Well, just you wait here a minute. Them National Front are round the corner." Sure enough, about 500 skinheads and sundry other nazis were all about to set off on a march, and my girlfriend's brother nearly walked right into it. He's a builder and he said he's always hearing older white guys bellyaching about immigration and talking about the good old days. "They weren't the fackin' good ol' days for us, mate..."

Part II and beyond here.

• Fair play. City again managing to snatch mediocrity from the jaws of grandeur.

Taxi for Mancini!

Typical City

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    That march looks 99.9% white to me. The different colors of the signs don't count.

National Front stronghold.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    rather spuds than city i suppose. maybe we can ship some more mediocre players their way this year for another 35M.

oh...and look at braniac here:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1132137_city_fans_champions_league_tattoo__for_2011

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    rather spuds than city i suppose. maybe we can ship some more mediocre players their way this year for another 35M.

oh...and look at braniac here:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1132137_city_fans_champions_league_tattoo__for_2011

Man thats dedication to tattoo Stephen Irelands head on your own as well

That march looks 99.9% white to me. The different colors of the signs don't count.

Dude, I was on that march. You weren't. I don't really care what it "looks" like to you.

Fair play. City again managing to snatch mediocrity from the jaws of grandeur.

Taxi for Mancini!

Cruel but fair.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

Who Shot The Sheriff? PART 1 from Alan Miles on Vimeo.

Another look at 99.9% white London, this time in the late 70s. I took part in the march in this film.

Thanks for posting that, good documentary.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

Dude, you are a long way out of your trench on this subject.
    Personally, I'd give your views much more leeway if you could demonstrate that you'd seen a bit of the world outside the general Gulf area.

Furthermore, your friend who came to London and saw only white people- is that how Texan travellers roll? Sticking only to 500 square yards of tourist turf?
    Probably they were all Meriman tourists like himself.

Either stay in your lane or venture into our RW lane so you can have a proper opinion.

It would take someone quite a while travelling some serious backwoods in the US to happen upon a 99.9% white situation. Even in the most candy of suburbs, you are going to see some color mixed in there. But apparently, it doesn't take much to find a 99.9% white situation in London. It's just funny to me that y'all are trying to resist such an idea. Of course, I'm half-joking with all of this. But still, y'all aren't just easy to rile up but are also patently delusional.

And for the record, my trench extends from Panama to Oregon out to Hawaii.

You need to have your own opinion, not some secondhand one from a baseball cap 'n' cargo short wearing, socks 'n' sandal rocking, Olympus clicking burger chomping fool stomping round Mayfair saying loudly "there's no black people here".

Next time you're in London (LOL) we'll arrange for the UK strut massive (LOLler) to take you on a tour to satisy your fetish.

Anyways, how about you folks who derided the notion of Spurs and Arsenal being 50/50 on who finishes higher in the league this year?
    My, how you laughed.

Now...not so much.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Highly entertaining match last night. Was happy to approach it as a true neutral as I think either team could have an impact on the CL next year though it's always nice to see money can't buy you everything and Spurs definitely deserved it last night.

Plus it's a gimme for us if we draw them in the later stages

Fell a bit sorry for Man-kini but think it would be harsh indeed if they didn't give him a full season to sort the squad out considering how far he's come in five months (creating a proper defence etc).

Couldn't be arsed to vote this morning before work, better half has the car so would have to walk 30 minutes to vote tonight. Therefore not going to bother.

Personally, I agree with my boy who said it's nice to finally see all four big London clubs in the CL next year.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Anyways, how about you folks who derided the notion of Spurs and Arsenal being 50/50 on who finishes higher in the league this year?
    My, how you laughed.

Now...not so much.

Yeah, somebody in the pub pointed out that Arsenal could, technically speaking, finish 4th! I haven't looked at the table, but is this possible?

Great game though. Ultimately, I don't think Citeh deserve much. Although they've done well under Manchini to get to 5th, their ultra-conservative Barry+De Jong midfield has consistently isolated one of the more promising attacks in the Prem imo... Citeh have always looked like a team that will only score on the break, as they never commit enough players forward to do anything else.
    Or have I got that all wrong? I noticed Tevez had been asked to drop very deep last night to, I assume, try and compensate for this lack of imagination in the middle of the park.

Capello was watching, what do you think he saw?
    For me, the kid Johnson on the wing looked decent. Barry looked off-the pace. Huddlestone didn't do much to get noticed (apart from stamp on De Jong). Crouch proved he still has goals in him, but wasn't really linking up with Defoe. Ledley King was the best defender on the pitch... but would he go to RSA with those knees?

City need shut of Toure and Bridge. They were ineffective last night and allowed Spurs to find Crouch time after time. It was inevitable he would score. At least it was the 82nd, not the 92nd minute.

They also need Stevie Ireland/Michael Johnson to get fit and then come up with a way of getting them into the midfield where he can add value (Ireland is a killer passer on his day). Other than these two, City are flat out of ideas from the midfield.

I am not worried about the strikers.

Spurs were the better side no doubt. King was their MOTM but yes, he's not going to be playing forever.

Ideally give us Mourinho and a full transfer window, we are only going to get better, even if Bobby Manc stays on.

It would take someone quite a while travelling some serious backwoods in the US to happen upon a 99.9% white situation. Even in the most candy of suburbs, you are going to see some color mixed in there. But apparently, it doesn't take much to find a 99.9% white situation in London. It's just funny to me that y'all are trying to resist such an idea. Of course, I'm half-joking with all of this. But still, y'all aren't just easy to rile up but are also patently delusional.

With your recent poasts Harv, anywhere you go becomes 99.9% white by association. Get a passport.

With your recent poasts Harv, anywhere you go becomes 99.9% white by association. Get a passport.

That Hawaiian flag in full

OUR TRENCH HARVEY

"BNP Bob Bailey attacks youth in Barking"

b/w

"Barking youth starts fight by spitting in prospective MP's face"

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SPIN, MATE

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    BBC coverage: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/election_2010/england/8663681.stm

A fight broke out between a British National Party parliamentary candidate and some Asian men as party members were out campaigning in east London.

Some men earlier swore at leader Nick Griffin and threw fruit at him and he was taken away from the scene.

The candidate for Romford, Bob Bailey, was filmed shouting out to men in Ripple Road when one of them swore and spat at him and Mr Bailey punched him.

Police were called after 1500 BST to the fight between the two groups.

'Campaign of hatred'

At the time Metropolitan Police said they were called to the incident but no-one had been arrested at the scene.

Later however, police said an 18-year-old man attended Barking police station and alleged common assault against another man.

The Barking Community Safety Unit is to look into the matter.

When asked about the fight Mr Griffin told BBC London the fight was the result of a "campaign of hatred and dehumanisation against any group of people, in this case us".

He said: "I think people have to realise that the people have spoken, this is a democratic vote and everyone has to go along with that, whether its us, our opponents or people on the streets, and if there are a few crazies or thugs on the streets I'm sure the police will deal with them quite quickly.

"The more people in the media talk this up as an issue, the more silly kids on the streets will be inclined to take the law into their hands."

Candidates for Romford are: Independent: Philip Hyde; Conservative: Andrew Rosindell; Independent: David Sturman; English Democrats: Peter Thorogood; Labour: Rachel Voller; British National Party: Robert Bailey; UK Independence Party: Gerard Batten; Liberal Democrat: Helen Duffett; Green: Gary Haines.

"BNP Bob Bailey attacks youth in Barking"

b/w

"Barking youth starts fight by spitting in prospective MP's face"

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SPIN, MATE

I'd have gone for a wad of phlegm hacked-up from the back of my throat, tongue slightly curled inwards to really funnel it into a compact missle, and shot it straight. No spin.

Then I would have had to make a citizen's arrest on you. Assault. S'illegal, innit?

b/w spitting is heinous

Then I would have had to make a citizen's arrest on you. Assault. S'illegal, innit?

b/w spitting is heinous

Awwwww, but it is the BNP.

Hard to say what I'd really do, if of foreign ethnicity, and confronted with the BNP on my doorstep.

Tell him Jesus loves him but you don't.