TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    cafe del mar would never be allowed anywhere near a real balearist's stereo, thats for sure.

Could any of you fellas educate me on what are some good Balearic tunes?

Preferably the 80s synthy kind, not the jangly Gypsy Kings type stuff.

you're on the wrong forum... you should try here: http://www.djhistory.com/forum/

also there are a bunch of balearic mixese here: http://testpressing.org/

in particular: http://testpressing.org/2010/03/27/mix-balearic-beats-voume-2/

come on neil we shouldn't be referring people over there, thats a cop out. soul strut is where we get to the nitty gritty in laymans terms and shit.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I likes 'em.

Not real balearist-R.

• Could any of you fellas educate me on what are some good Balearic tunes?

Preferably the 80s synthy kind, not the jangly Gypsy Kings type stuff.

you're on the wrong forum... you should try here: http://www.djhistory.com/forum/

also there are a bunch of balearic mixese here: http://testpressing.org/

in particular: http://testpressing.org/2010/03/27/mix-balearic-beats-voume-2/

come on neil we shouldn't be referring people over there, thats a cop out. soul strut is where we get to the nitty gritty in laymans terms and shit.

ok, here's a nitty gritty balearic classic for free:

thats what i'm talking bout, show em what you got!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    As well as being one of the residents at DJ History's acclaimed Low Life parties, my boy Jo Green is an eminent curator of Balearicism and Balearic ethos-related matters in general. He has a number of good mixes floating around t3h int3rw3bz

http://www.coolinthepool.com/jolyongreeninterview.html

http://www.h-track.com/mixes.php

http://www.lovefingers.org/ - Jolyon's 'Black Holes' mix.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    An actual balearic discovery of my own

b/w

dollar-bin braekxz classique

Anything that falls in between Coctua Twins, Vangelis and early house.

i recommend gerd jansen's compilation "computer incantations for world peace" on sonar kollectiv, named after the jean luc ponty tune. gerd is a superb dj in that sort of mold and his comps are heavy on the synth and light on the cheese factor.

• Anything that falls in between Coctua Twins, Vangelis and early house.

i recommend gerd jansen's compilation "computer incantations for world peace" on sonar kollectiv, named after the jean luc ponty tune. gerd is a superb dj in that sort of mold and his comps are heavy on the synth and light on the cheese factor.

computer incarnations for world peace

it's a really good compilation though. i can't get enough of those codek tunes.

the second one ain't bad either - more recent tunes, but still with the same vibe.

anyway, check out this early electro tune from belgium. i need it:

cheers mate, my bad.

also worth checking gerd's label "running back" for the balaaaaarik hits. eg Tensnake 12" and Mark E's Beatdown, which feels like treading water when played at 6 am on a decent system. slow and joyful.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    cafe del mar would never be allowed anywhere near a real balearist's stereo, thats for sure.

I find it the most palatable of all the Balearic-tagged product. If you've ever been there (the caff, or one of the ones next to it which are all nice) with a few caipirinhas down you, it's a nice vibe. Shame they are in San Antonio, which gives the whole island/brits a bad name.

It is, of course, much different that the Balearic beat stuff that made the island a mecca for early-90's clubbers like so many flies flocking to a freshly-laid dog's-egg. I've been going for a while, going again in June if any heads are out there, holler. I think we get there for the England v USA game. We go not for the clubs but because it's a nice place to be with the kids, outside of San An, of course. I seek to avoid the footy top venues where possible.

The wife enjoys Space on Sunday, but I would rather have my arse wiped with a brick. She goes with friends who are out there already. Forgive my cynicism but as I am not a disco-biscuit munching scaffolder, the "Real" Ibiza experience will forever remain lost on me, although I have been offered guest egress to Pacha this year, so may do it for free, apart from the ?10 pints of course.

Doubt I'll hear anything that would tickle my rhythm buds doe unless my vrai swedes ici know the dealio?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    A1 Chris Rea - Josephine (La Version Francaise) (5:37)
    A2 Sue?o Latino - Sueno Latino (The Paradise Version) (10:35)
    A3 Electribe 101 - Talking With Myself (Deep Dream Mix) (8:00)
    B1 BBG - Snappiness (Original 12" Version) (6:20)
    B2 Blow Monkeys - La Passionara (12" Version) (5:00)
    B3 Tullio De Piscopo - Primavera (Stop Bajon) (12" Version) (7:10)
    C1 Lola - Wax The Van (Jon's Dub) (7:11)
    C2 Moodswings - Spiritual High (State Of Independence) (4:20)
    C3 Sheer Taft - Cascades (Hypnotone Mix) (5:56)
    D1 Grid - Floatation (Subsonic Grid Mix) (7:07)
    D2 Voice Of Africa - Hoomba Hoomba (Instrumental Version) (7:20)
    D3 A Man Called Adam - Barefoot In The Head (12" Version) (8:30)

Balearic Mastercuts. Not a million miles away from the kind of tracks I remember from late 80s Ibiza along side a lot of cheesey Spanish disco-pop.

• A2 Sue?o Latino - Sueno Latino (The Paradise Version) (10:35)

this just reminded me... manuel gottsching "e2 e4" - proper early electronic balearic stuff. in fact, a lot of the ash ra stuff has a similar sun-kissed electronic vibe (like the "new age of earth" album).

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Uhhhh Whats up Brits? Does Sony or FIFA hate England?

No possible 3D matches for England until they reach the finals???

They hate us for our freedom!
    They're probably negotiating a more expensive 3D package especially for us, as the UK seems to spend a lot of money on football, but I'm not fussed as (1) we probably won't get to the latter stages, and (2) like most brits, I'll be watching every game of the WC in a pub.

Why so much balear balear balear?

Duder, you up for a summertime gathering?
    Maybe this time we can attract a few more bodies.

I could make a jaunt at some point, although I need to treat teh gf to some qwality time soon or she'll get mad wid me, so I'm saying next month at the moment.

I was thinking maybe one of the months without an 'r' in them.

Organise a decent hotel with group booking cheapo rates and bully persuade the out-of-towners into coming along for a night out. We'll crash one of BeatNick's aggrotech nights, instigate fights about who rides the edgiest and most urban hood form of public transport, and formally decide which strutter we'd most like to rub out.

We'll all have a hangover and group hug in the morning and then get all high and mighty up in this bith the next day talmbout how its all about making real world connections and creating a commmuuuunnnitaaaaaaay, and how anyone who don't post a picture (continued page 94)

I was thinking maybe one of the months without an 'r' in them.

Feasible.

Organise a decent hotel with group booking cheapo rates and bully persuade the out-of-towners into coming along for a night out. We'll crash one of BeatNick's aggrotech nights,

Any London Strutters got a night w/ decks? I kind of like the idea of playing tunes as an easy source of contention, so there's the VG+ monthly to consider...

We'll all have a hangover and group hug in the morning and then get all high and mighty up in this bith
    plus ca change?

pl talmbout how its all about making real world connections and creating a commmuuuunnnitaaaaaaay, and how anyone who don't post a picture (continued page 94)

Drunk uncles?

Druncles

• Mario

click on the Midnite track above and go into my soundcloud, have upped the 16 main tracks from Old School Classics. I've not done the sixties, thirties, underscores or stabs as there's too many.
    Thanks, am liking what i hear very much. Your chud care package was posted today.

Excellent, and likewise posted.

Are you able to download an mp3 from those soundcloud files? Or just listen?

I have some lovesick acolyte stalking me wanting me to send him mp3 of some bits, kind of indicating that it can't be ripped from the soundcloud I posted.

Please speak on this.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    You can only listen, I tried to download one of the things you posted and in the end had to resort to getting it the geeky way (Recording the output of my pc).

OK thanks
    Anyone who wants mp3 of any of the stuff in my soundcloud, I suppose you can pm your email address and i'll send em over the weekend.

Don't sleep on that Edward Woodward!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    POMPEY!!!!

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Great game, so pleased to see Spurs F*ck up at the end of the season again, I really hope this carries on until Wednesday and them having to play an extra 30 minutes will help.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• POMPEY!!!!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Did customary few bets on the National on Saturday. First time in over five years I haven't put money on McCoy. Not happy.

POMPEY!!!!

So league leaders play the bottom-of-the-league in the final... how many times will the commentators yak on about 'the magic of teh cup'?

Blackburn! Arsenal could take second spot. I'm sure I read that Van Percy might make it back before the end of the season, which would be a bonus.