TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Warming up nicely for the Manc derby. What % fit is Roonaldo, doe?

?10 on Bellers for a red card? Tevez to kiss the badge?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Getting a bit sick of seeing Fat Frank kiss the badge, but even worse, pointing up when he scores.

YOUR MUM'S DEAD, SON. GET OVER IT. MOOOOOOVE ON.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Warming up nicely for the Manc derby. What % fit is Roonaldo, doe?

?10 on Bellers for a red card? Tevez to kiss the badge?

More points for Man U to drop with any luck! Go on Citeh, get in there.
    Neville vs Tevez round II (or is it round III?)

Getting a bit sick of seeing Fat Frank kiss the badge, but even worse, pointing up when he scores.

YOUR MUM'S DEAD, SON. GET OVER IT. MOOOOOOVE ON.

Harsh,

but true.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I can still remember the pub rocking post-2008 CL final to the sounds of 'Frankie, Where's Your Mum?..Frankie, Frankie Where's Your Mum?.

Ahhh memories.

I can understand the bitter rivalry, but I myself would not stoop to the point of vociferously wishing cancer on the players kids etc. It is just a game regardless of what Shanks or Captain Pompey say.

Their lives must lack perspective.

I'm just looking forward to more of Red Nev. I think it was on MOTD that they were talking about how on a flight to a European game (BITD when he was a regular starter), Neville was doing shuttle runs up and down the aisle of the plane, talmbout "My match preparation starts here". Dude is so Rimmer it's untrue.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I expect City to beat Utd but more importantly realised that I am now truly fatigued by the football - need this season to end so I have time to get mildly excited about the world cup. Seems to have been going on for far too long and I am bored. Bored I tell you.

A*i since you are bored, please tell me if I should spend part of my lifetime watching these

Also all of you mash up dudes please speak on this. I like it.

B52s Love Shack words vs Hard Fi music is

For variety, try fielding preposterous gambles in the fantasy. I've done more transfers than Letraset.

A*i since you are bored, please tell me if I should spend part of my lifetime watching these

Well they certainly pass the time. Um, it's a tricky one, I used to love them both back in the nineties as they were the perfect accompaniment to a relaxing end of the night and a bit of the less naughty banned substances but really not sure how they'd hold up if you're sober and time is money.
    They're basically just pretty images from round the world and Philip Glass music which is not necessarily a bad thing but there's a lot of it.

For variety, try fielding preposterous gambles in the fantasy. I've done more transfers than Letraset.

Yeah I think this may be the route to go - my relative high standing and the fact that I'm top of my other league has saddled me with a fear of making big gestures so I end up doing shit like bringing in a Hull defender. I also think I may actually stab myself in the eyeballs if I have to read any more SkySports previews meaning I have no idea about who's playing/who's injured etc.

I think next season I'm going to use the time wasted on learning a new skill. Like crochet or bridge or beat juggling. Or just normal juggling.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Well they certainly pass the time. Um, it's a tricky one, I used to love them both back in the nineties as they were the perfect accompaniment to a relaxing end of the night and a bit of the less naughty banned substances but really not sure how they'd hold up if you're sober and time is money.
    They're basically just pretty images from round the world and Philip Glass music which is not necessarily a bad thing but there's a lot of it.

Precisely.

Sometimes I wonder if we led parallel lives Senior, but then I'm sure thousands of others did exactly the same things in the 90s.

Ah.. the 90s.

But yer, I think Koyaanisqatsi is still good, if you're not completely put off by such things. Could be viewed like a historical document in a way.

But yer, I think Koyaanisqatsi is still good, if you're not completely put off by such things. Could be viewed like a historical document in a way.

That's what that is! I used to do a gig in a commie centre in Oxford and they had a projector running that would sometimes show this... went particularly well with Funky Technicians/Ills & Solo kind of intelligent Jungle, and pre-smoking ban, the room was also usually very thick with a certain type of herbal fug that added to the hypnotic atmosphere. Happy/hippy times.

They used to put this, and surfer videos, on in some of the potentially more boisterous Sheffield taverns to keep the punters on chill: The somewhat hypnotic, magnetic nature of the images diverting the gaze of the 10-pint townsman away from the cleavages of other townsmen's birds. And they all lived happily ever after.

The place I am thinking of also had the biggest bouncer I have ever seen; so big that you think your drink was spiked.

Happy days.

Precisely.

Sometimes I wonder if we led parallel lives Senior, but then I'm sure thousands of others did exactly the same things in the 90s.

LOL, I can only offer my sympathy to you if your experience of the nineties was similar to mine. I still shudder at the memories of double time dancing, dust masks and a thousand nights talking shit with strangers. On the plus side at least back then everything wasn't digitally documented so photographic evidence is limited at best.

Funny, that's actually the first time I've seen any footage from those movies in a good 10-15 years and it's exactly as I remember though less grainy than the much loved VHS copies that resided round everyone's houses. I may have to track them down again to revisit for nostalgia purposes though I suspect the ADHD way of TV watching I style these days might find it all a bit too much.

Never realised it was made in 1982 either, really way ahead of the curve.

Ouch. Red doe?

Lifetime ban. Removal of all sponsorship deals.

I wonder how many times his dad gets arrested for drugs before he does some bird? Is the England's Brave John Terry connection keeping him out? And why, knowing what his dad is like, doesn't mr ?130,000 a week just keep his dad in clover and out of mischief? Not like he needs any more headlines these days.

Also, Philip Glass should have soundtracked more horror movies. His score to Candyman is one of the very few horror themes that can compete with the Carpenter, Goblins et all late seventies early eighties stuff. IMHO.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    LOL, I can only offer my sympathy to you if your experience of the nineties was similar to mine. I still shudder at the memories of double time dancing, dust masks and a thousand nights talking shit with strangers. On the plus side at least back then everything wasn't digitally documented so photographic evidence is limited at best.

I managed to avoid the dust mask, but I did enjoy glow stick or two. TALKED A TUN OF SHIT THO.

When I was 16/17, I was at a club in Reading when the tv crew for that club show, I can't for the life of me remember the name of, turned up. I think there was like a nanosecond shot of me, before they moved on to the next sexy female 'raver'. The mind bogles at the thought of it all ending up on facebook though. Kids today, eh! Eh!

The Hitman and Her?

GTFOOH....

Actually, one of you dudes must be able to speak on exactly which big name djs got taken in by the Roadblock /lost rare groove raer episode.

I went to some techno nights a mate dj'd at but even then, as a young 20-something, it was "Full of kids". All saucer-eyed and blinking away like parliaments of owls on ffwd.

And the MC had about 4 phrases:
    "'im a ruffneck rider"
    "Comin' on strong"
    Spelling out words of 5 letters or less concatenated with "...and now we're flying high"

Frustrated by the lack of nonsense in my wallet, the bouncers confiscated a biro off me claiming it was a lethal weapon.

Thus proving the pen is as least as mighty as the sword?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,916 Posts
    Actually, one of you dudes must be able to speak on exactly which big name djs got taken in by the Roadblock /lost rare groove raer episode.

Word has it that Pete Haigh of Blackpool Mecca fame claimed at the time to own a copy of the "original". Not sure who else ended up with egg on their face, but I know there was more than one.

Thanks Doc

Can't imagine the angst he must have suffered in the aftermath of that.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The Hitman and Her?

GTFOOH....

Nah, that's just a little before my time. This was much lower budget, send some coked-up sort to talk shite to Brandon Block, intersperse with shots of people dancing, gurning and hotties. type bollocks

My sister did once though meet Michaela Strachan, off her nut, in a club once.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    FAO my fellow Gooners

Gunners tipped for takeover[/b]

Sky Sports News understands that Arsenal shareholder Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith is poised to sell her crucial stake in the club.
    Bracewell-Smith owns a 15.9 per cent share in the North London side and is a key figure in the future ownership of the Gunners.

The former Arsenal director, who resigned from the board in 2008, has hired bankers Blackstone to find a buyer for the fourth-largest share in the club.

The move will trigger speculation that an imminent takeover could be on the cards for the Emirates Stadium outfit with Stan Kroenke and Alisher Usmanov both waiting in the wings.

Takeover bid

American businessman Kroenke currently holds a 29.98 per cent stake in the club, fractionally below the 30 per cent threshold required to trigger a formal takeover bid.

The Kroenke Sports Enterprises group could be handed significant funding in the coming weeks, with Kroenke reported to be planning a sale of his stake in the NFL side St Louis Rams on the cards.

Alisher Usmanov's Red and White Holdings will also have been alerted by the latest development, as they hold a 26.29 per cent share in the Gunners.

Arsenal director Danny Fiszman holds a 16.11 per cent share of the Gunners, with the remaining 11.72 per cent made up of minority stakeholders.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6090133,00.html

Mixed blessings. Could be an interesting summer if it goes through though.

Mixed blessings. Could be an interesting summer if it goes through though.

As long as it's not Usmanov. Why can't Gordon Brown's plan to let fans buy their teams kick in asap! Is Kroenke likely to do a Glazer*?

* as in, flogging your best player for 80 mil and investing zero back in, upping the ticket prices, and saddling your club with sooo much debt that I can't even be bothered to type all the zeros

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Kroenke doesn't sound the type to do that from all i've read about him. With Wenger renegotiating his contract i'm pretty sure he'd leave if he knew we'd have a Glazer type there, he's obsessed with the finance of the club.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    If we're soon to be minted please can we flex our financial muscle and buy Akinfeev for a ludicrous amount of money please?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I don't know much about the Glazer, or those chumps that bought Liverpool, but what I've read of Kroenke sounds promising. Yank strut could probably tell you more about him, he owns the Denver Nuggets.