>OFFICIAL NBA OFF-SEASON THINGS

12346»

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Orlando had to sign someone like bass because they lost their main back up for Howard.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Orlando had to sign someone like bass because they lost their main back up for Howard.

There is actually a rumor down here that Orlando might match the offer to Gortat.

They have until Wednesday to do so.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    An NBA source has told the Orlando Sentinel that the Orlando Magic will match the five-year, $34-million offer sheet extended by the Dallas Mavericks to Marcin Gortat and thus retain him. The team would not be able to trade him until Dec. 15, at the earliest, if that's what the team wants to do.

Josh Robbins Sentinel Staff Writer

3:24 PM EDT, July 13, 2009

An NBA source has told the Orlando Sentinel that the Orlando Magic will match the five-year, $34-million offer sheet extended by the Dallas Mavericks to Marcin Gortat and thus retain him. The team would not be able to trade him until Dec. 15, at the earliest, if that's what the team wants to do.

Josh Robbins Sentinel Staff Writer

3:24 PM EDT, July 13, 2009

This would screw Mark Cuban.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    The Magic have had an impressive offseason so far, especially if they resign Gortat. This is exactly how a team that just lost the NBA finals should go about business: like they will do whatever it takes to get back in the championship ring.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Nice. Watup man!

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    The Magic have had an impressive offseason so far, especially if they resign Gortat. This is exactly how a team that just lost the NBA finals should go about business: like they will do whatever it takes to get back in the championship ring.

They matched Cuban's Offer. Gortat is stayin......but is bothered that he wont start w/ Howard at the 5.
    He was gonna start in Dallas.

Orlando = Possible Championship/Backup
    Dallas = Sinking Ship/Starter

Nice.

Corny

• Nice.

Corny

Congrats to the Lakers! But seriously, that is real Corny!

• Why are the Clippers Cursed??? Is it ownership??
    I like their roster for 08-09 but can never really say they have a chance at getting to the finals.
    I'm not a Clipper fan but I am a fan of Camby, B Davis and Griffin. Randolph and R Davis are alright too. I hope they don't get Iverson.

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    Why are the Clippers Cursed??? Is it ownership??
    I like their roster for 08-09 but can never really say they have a chance at getting to the finals.
    I'm not a Clipper fan but I am a fan of Camby, B Davis and Griffin. Randolph and R Davis are alright too. I hope they don't get Iverson.

like the raiders, its the owner
    as long as al davis and sterling are tryin to do their thing, the teams will suffer

Wow...local News juat reported Mav's are going after Lamar Odom?

Is that even possible?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Wow...local News juat reported Mav's are going after Lamar Odom?

Is that even possible?

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, in an interview on NBA TV, said that Dallas has been in contact with the agent for Lakers free agent forward Lamar Odom, whose negotiations with Los Angeles are going slowly. But Odom is not likely to sign anywhere for the mid-level that the Mavericks now, again, have at their disposal; he's accepted that he'll face a pay cut from last year's $14 million, but doesn't want to go down that much.

I dont know where Odom would fit in the Dallas lineup.

Center - ? or Dork
    PF - Dork or Marion
    SF - Marion or Odom
    SG - Howard or Terry
    PG - Kidd or Baria

Kidd/Howard/Odom/Marion/Dork looks good in an Uptempo offense, but the Defense would be suspect.

• Man I was just thinking today that the Mavs should go after Odom since they lost out on Gortat (which might not be the worst thing, but donnie jr still sucks and cuban is kinda f*ckin up the money).

I have no idea how that lineup would work out either, but it just sounds awesome.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    It's time for Mark Cuban to hire a real gm and stop with the foolishness.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

It's the front office and player personnel/scouting....People give Sterling a hard time for not paying players, but he's never had a player worth paying on that team..ever...and they always hire the wrong coach....Elgin Baylor was the worst GM in sports history and Andy Roeser is a joke...

It's time for Mark Cuban to hire a real gm and stop with the foolishness.

He pays Donnie Nelson big money to wear the GM title.

It's the front office and player personnel/scouting....People give Sterling a hard time for not paying players, but he's never had a player worth paying on that team..ever...and they always hire the wrong coach....Elgin Baylor was the worst GM in sports history and Andy Roeser is a joke...

That one year when Elton Brand was healthy I thought they were on their way to building something.

I just recently sported my Danny Manning Jersey.

Shit the Clippers has Lamar Odom as a rookie.

How did he end up in Miami? Who did LA get for Odom?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    free agency in 03 was why odom left. the clip show got nothing in return.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

That one year when Elton Brand was healthy I thought they were on their way to building something.

I just recently sported my Danny Manning Jersey.

This here is a pretty good (if brutal) rundown of the ongoing calamity that is the Clippers.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    boozer openly admitting that he met w/ jazz front office, and that he will be traded.
    i hope this dude ends up somewhere where he'll be useful
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-42-72/Carlos-Boozer-on-Trades.html

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    boozer openly admitting that he met w/ jazz front office, and that he will be traded.
    i hope this dude ends up somewhere where he'll be useful
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-42-72/Carlos-Boozer-on-Trades.html

Man Boozer has been an ass hole w/ both teams he has played for....the Jazz were under the impression that dude was gonna opt out then he switched shit up when he realized that he wasn't going to get another max contract offer.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Matt Barnes/Orlando????????

That would be a great pick up.

Orlando is not playing.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Yuichi, this is your best post evar. Keep up the good work.
    This shit is banana sammich good.