jumper hell no
    experience no
    ball handling no
    passing no
    rebounding no
    clutch no

how is big baby better than sheed
    plus sheed has played in the east for long now
    i mean he's won the big one and will be playing with a bunch of players that want another and that are disciplined and mature enough to make it happen

big baby can contribute off the bench perhaps

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I don't see how anyone can accuse someone of "living in the past" out of one side of their mouth, and out of the other side sing the praises of Rasheed. Dude is done. He rarely mixes in the paint anymore and is content to stand around and chuck up 3s. He does bring some intangibles, I'll give you that.

Mavs 'po to maybe be getting Marion. Kidd + Marion kinda equals a second scorer. :shrug:

And this from someone a couple seasons ago who said that the Mavs signing Juwan Howard could've been the difference maker for the team!

• I don't see how anyone can accuse someone of "living in the past" out of one side of their mouth, and out of the other side sing the praises of Rasheed. Dude is done. He rarely mixes in the paint anymore and is content to stand around and chuck up 3s. He does bring some intangibles, I'll give you that.

Mavs 'po to maybe be getting Marion. Kidd + Marion kinda equals a second scorer. :shrug:

And this from someone a couple seasons ago who said that the Mavs signing Juwan Howard could've been the difference maker for the team!

Ha. Get off my nuts, yo. Second time you said that. Fools say dumb shit all the time up in here, and I feel like you are misquoting me anyhow. Go dig it up son, else it ain't happen.

Sheed is 36. He came out the same time as STackhouse. They are both donedy. Roleplayers and y'all are salivating. GTFOHWTBS.

• SOFT

YOU SOFT

• I'm not sure Sheedmon gives Boston anything more than Glen Davis does...dude is washed up.

HE SAID THE SAME SHIT YOU DUMBASSES.

PLUS HE SMARTER THAN Y'ALL ANYWAY.

• 512-447-1000

CALL ME UP IF YOU WANNA DISCUSS HOW WRONG YOU ARE.

• Wow. Who here thinks Rasheed is a great rebounder? Read up on yr read-ups.

I-N-D-E-C-L-I-N-E

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Lets cut the bullshit.

Rasheed, off the bench, isnt as effective as Glen Davis off the bench, w/ this upcoming Boston roster?

Why are cats acting like Rasheed is being asked to play like 5 years ago.

Dude is better than a role player and Davis is a role player personified.

Sheed reads Defenses better, will stretch the oppsing teams defense better, and has a more efficient jump shot than Davis.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    most people in this thread don't actually like basketball enough to watch it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    lets step up credentials
    i've followed basketball seriously since 95
    and i coached 3 years of highschool hoops
    not a dick measuring contest just sayin

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    lets step up credentials
    i've followed basketball seriously since 95
    and i coached 3 years of highschool hoops
    not a dick measuring contest just sayin

Half the H.S. coaches I've met don't know dick about the NBA.

They may be good at getting talentless 16-17 year olds to follow some direction and run some plays.....but they usually don't know much about the Pros.

I've followed basketball seriously since 1967....I was at the first game Dr. J played at home for the Long Island Nets.....used to hang out at the home of an NBA scoring leader.

I attend many High School games here in Dallas.....saw Larry Johnson play when he was an 8th grader...... and never miss the Texas State Tourney.....drink beer with most of the better known H.S. coaches.

And about half of the shit I proclaim on here about hoops winds up being wrong.

I saw Chris Bosh at Lincoln, H.S. and bet a dude he would never play in the NBA.

I think Blake Griffin is the best player to come into the NBA since LeBron.

I respect almost anyone's opinion on hoops.....except for those who follow it for the "fashion".

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

If I actually watched all games, it simply wouldn't be fair.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

If I actually watched all games, it simply wouldn't be fair.

that was pretty funny.

back to the wang measuring. no pasue.
    i've been a warriors fan since my kid years. i know sorrow.

i also paid a lot of attention to don nelson teams since his first run w/ the w's ended.
    i watch more basketball now than i ever have in my life. i'll watch the grizzlies. i don't give a fusk.

I don't see how anyone can accuse someone of "living in the past" out of one side of their mouth, and out of the other side sing the praises of Rasheed. Dude is done. He rarely mixes in the paint anymore and is content to stand around and chuck up 3s. He does bring some intangibles, I'll give you that.

Ha. Get off my nuts, yo. Second time you said that. Fools say dumb shit all the time up in here, and I feel like you are misquoting me anyhow. Go dig it up son, else it ain't happen.

Sheed is 36. He came out the same time as STackhouse. They are both donedy. Roleplayers and y'all are salivating. GTFOHWTBS.

It's not that important. But you did say that whether you remember it or not.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    This credentials shit is hilarious. I'm a casual hoops fan. So sue me.

Started following in 6th grade thanks to my step dad. We went to Warriors and A's games.

I know pain.

Used to play a lot as a kid. Pick up games around North Berkeley and Albany. Not Oakland. lol.

I played on our (pathetic) Jr. HS team, and we got blown out by almost every school. Even the other tiny private ones. I went to Basketball camp. My best friend and hooping buddy got his nose broken by an elbow the first scrimage. Kind of blew the wind out of my sails. His style was goofy as shit but he was actually nicer than I was. Hated that. Tried out for the Berkeley High freshman team and didn't make it. Started smoking weed and listening to John Coltrane and Zeppelin and Ice Cube and Gangstarr. The end.

These days I follow when I can. More than baseball or football. Less than records. Probably on par with my pursuit of good food and drink. I defer to most of you dudes. I still call them like I see them. F*ck it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Here are my credentials:

I was a bench player in a Asian league from age 10 to 18. I used to average 5 minutes a game. The highlight of my career was tossing an opposing player over my shoulder while we scrapped for a loose ball.

I had legendary games on the hardcore courts of UC San Diego, spitting venomous poison out my mouth but able to back it up with play (at the time).

I am widely recognized as the basketball expert on Soulstrut.com.

I am widely recognized as the basketball expert on Soulstrut

Artest will wear uniform No. 37 in honor of the number of weeks that Michael Jackson's album "Thriller" was No. 1 on the charts.[/b]

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Sheed is better than fat boy (who I love) by a country mile. He is the kind role player every team looks for to put them over the top. I'd like to point out that I still have issues with sheed after his tenure here in stumptown. I went to three NBA games last year, the NCAA tourney and once dunked in college.

• and once dunked in college.

These are solid credentials, I ain't gonna lie.

Maaaaaan. Sheed is awesome. If y'all are just saying he's a nice piece on an already pretty great team, then hell yeah. He could be a Robert Horry light. I don't think he's close to dominant anymore though.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Here's a question for y'all...

Is Magic Johnson the second best basketball player of all-time?

For the first time in my life, I say yes.

Jordan
    Magic
    Russell
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Big O
    Bird
    Kobe
    Cousy
    West

...would be my top10.

• Marion is going to the Mavs with Gortat too.

The Mavs still have a huge chip they can trade either this off-season or during the season: Ericka Dampier and his expiring contract.

Not saying the Mavs will see the Lakers or anything but the reconstruction is exciting for the fans. Seemingly at least a little bit better after this.

Marion is going to the Mavs with Gortat too.

The Mavs still have a huge chip they can trade either this off-season or during the season: Ericka Dampier and his expiring contract.

Not saying the Mavs will see the Lakers or anything but the reconstruction is exciting for the fans. Seemingly at least a little bit better after this.

So what is the starting 5?

Damp/Gortat
    Dork
    Marion
    Howard
    Kidd

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Damp/Gortat
    Dork
    Marion
    Howard
    Kidd

Take Damp out of the mix.....he's gone or done, take your pick.

Marion has always been an enigma to me....not sure what he'll bring to the Mav's but with Kidd on the break he should bring some excitement.

When Gortat sits they'll move Dirk to the 5, Josh to the 3 and Jason Terry to the 2.

I'm with GP...this probably isn't a Championship team but at least the change will make them fun to watch.

Damp/Gortat
    Dork
    Marion
    Howard
    Kidd

Take Damp out of the mix.....he's gone or done, take your pick.

Marion has always been an enigma to me....not sure what he'll bring to the Mav's but with Kidd on the break he should bring some excitement.

When Gortat sits they'll move Dirk to the 5, Josh to the 3 and Jason Terry to the 2.

I'm with GP...this probably isn't a Championship team but at least the change will make them fun to watch.

Dork at the 5 is suspect to me. It would work against running teams, but in the Playoffs, I wouldnt depend on Dork in the paint.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Artest will wear uniform No. 37 in honor of the number of weeks that Michael Jackson's album "Thriller" was No. 1 on the charts.[/b]

From Ron Artest's Twitter:

# Shaq Commandment - Thou Shalt Let Younger, More Talented Player Win U A Ring Then U Take The Credit.about 17 hours ago from web
    #
    Shaq Commandment - Thou shalt make terrible movies like the one where you were a gigantic Genie.about 18 hours ago from web
    #
    Shaq Commandment - Thou shalt be crosseyed and speak in monotone.about 18 hours ago from web
    #
    Shaq Commandments - Thou Shalt Not Make Free Throws.about 18 hours ago from web
    #
    Dogs be sniffing out cancers now? http://tinyurl.com/nb88vg Good thing I'm a scorpio!about 18 hours ago from web
    #
    Shaq is so old he played with the raptors...in the Jurassic League. Dude was posting up cavemen and guarding T-Rexs.about 18 hours ago from web
    #
    Shaq is so old Dick Gregory is in his high school annual.about 18 hours ago from web
    #
    Shaq is so old his 1st contract was chiseled like the 10 Commandments.Thou shalt rebound! Thou shalt score! Thou shalt get 1 million!about 18 hours ago from web
    #
    I say Shaq's new nickname should be Swagaholic. Dude can't live without attention.about 18 hours ago from web

• Dork at the 5 is suspect to me. It would work against running teams, but in the Playoffs, I wouldnt depend on Dork in the paint.

Where do you get that from?

Gortat will start. If Damps is dealt, Hollins will be the backup.

There's always games and matchups where the Mavs run a bunch of Gs and Fs and Dirk is the "big", but they are not expecting him to handle that 5 spot.

Nevermind: Didn't see Rock's comment above. Maybe he heard something on the radio up there or something.

The deal w/ Damps is this is his last year if he doesn't reach minutes incentives. So they could move that contract in-season to get another piece.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Yeah, I think these were good moves by the Mavs. Don't overlook Marion's defensive ability, either, which will really help 'em out.

The Spurs grabbed Antonio McDyess. I do wish they'd sign some younger players, but Dice is a good pickup.

The Spurs grabbed Antonio McDyess. I do wish they'd sign some younger players, but Dice is a good pickup.

great pick up

along w/ Richard Jefferson they look fresher this year.

great pick up

along w/ Richard Jefferson they look fresher this year.

The best thing about both moves is that it adds much needed offense to the Spurs. If Ginobli, Parker and Duncan don't all score big, they struggle. These twowill take a lot of pressure off especially Jefferson. He's still in his prime. McDyess is good off the bench.