>OFFICIAL NBA OFF-SEASON THINGS

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    So Lebron got mashed on by a college kid and caught feelings.....dude's ego is out of control

Ryan Miller, a freelance cameraman working the camp, told CBSSports.com that James called over Nike Basketball senior director Lynn Merritt shortly after the dunk, and that minutes later his tapes were taken away.

"LeBron came over and told him something. ... LeBron said, 'Hey, Lynn, come here," Miller said. Merritt approached Miller shortly thereafter and "he just said, 'We have to take your tape," Miller said. "They took it from other guys, too."

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The Spurs grabbed Antonio McDyess. I do wish they'd sign some younger players, but Dice is a good pickup.

great pick up

along w/ Richard Jefferson they look fresher this year.

The best thing about both moves is that it adds much needed offense to the Spurs. If Ginobli, Parker and Duncan don't all score big, they struggle. These twowill take a lot of pressure off especially Jefferson. He's still in his prime. McDyess is good off the bench.

I agree.

So Lebron got mashed on by a college kid and caught feelings.....dude's ego is out of control

Ryan Miller, a freelance cameraman working the camp, told CBSSports.com that James called over Nike Basketball senior director Lynn Merritt shortly after the dunk, and that minutes later his tapes were taken away.

"LeBron came over and told him something. ... LeBron said, 'Hey, Lynn, come here," Miller said. Merritt approached Miller shortly thereafter and "he just said, 'We have to take your tape," Miller said. "They took it from other guys, too."

I'm guessing it was pretty .

Lebron's mainstream and street rep have been impeccable thus far. I think he's just making sure it stays that way. Last thing you want is a bunch of idiots thinking he's soft for being dunked on by "real street ballers" or some shit.

Besides, if he can get beat in HORSE, he can get dunked on. Doesn't it say something about how he's willing to do certain things just for the love of the game? I mean, he's entering the dunk contest next year. And everyone pretty much knows that no high-profile star will enter the contest in their prime now-a-days.

dunked on by "real street ballers"

dude

Lebron got mashed on by a college kid[/b]

Besides, if he can get beat in HORSE, he can get dunked on.

please be serious

Doesn't it say something about how he's willing to do certain things just for the love of the game?

uhh..actually it was at a Nike sponsored camp....

money > "love of the game"

I mean, he's entering the dunk contest next year. And everyone pretty much knows that no high-profile star will enter the contest in their prime now-a-days.

Lebron is the only high profile player not to participate in an all star saturday event/competition.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Lebron is a business - man. End of story.

Also -- who cares? Got dunked on???? It is 100% meaningless.

To guys who play below the rim that's like saying - your man shot a layup over you.

Also -- who cares? Got dunked on???? It is 100% meaningless.

i agree....so why confiscate the tapes ?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Im not sure Anthony Parker is the answer at SG for the Cavs.

He'll be a good role player, but im not sure he can provide consistant O.

TONY PARKER WAS TRADED TO CLEVELAND !?!?!

He'll be a good role player

I like Anthony's game and i think he'll be a good fit....certainly better than the Wally's and Boobie's of the world

but im not sure he can provide consistant O.

There's a Candace Parker joke in here somewhere

TONY PARKER WAS TRADED TO CLEVELAND !?!?!

He'll be a good role player

I like Anthony's game and i think he'll be a good fit....certainly better than the Wally's and Boobie's of the world

but im not sure he can provide consistant O.

There's a Candace Parker joke in here somewhere

I think he's their main candidate.

Dude is good. Wont eclipse LeBoring's EGO, and is more Athletic than Boobie,Bigger than West, and Blacker than Wally.

dunked on by "real street ballers"

dude

Lebron got mashed on by a college kid[/b]

You didn't even see the clip! lol Calm down, the shit's like Enimem getting his ass handled in an underground freestyle battle. ohhhhh! wowwwwww. Enimem ain't real!!

Lebron is the only high profile player not to participate in an all star saturday event/competition.

I'm talking exclusively about the dunk contest. Vince and Kobe did it in their rookie years, but that's it. Lebron gets props cuz he's established himself and is entering for the first time. There's more risk than just a rookie without the public's expectations.

Ed,

What you want think about the Artest pickup for LA?

You didn't even see the clip! lol Calm down, the shit's like Enimem getting his ass handled in an underground freestyle battle. ohhhhh! wowwwwww. Enimem ain't real!!

calm down ?

your analogy is terrible ....i'm not concerned about the dunk...i could care less that he got dunked on nor am i anxious to see the clip.....the way he handled the situation was pathetic

Lebron gets props cuz he's established himself and is entering for the first time. There's more risk than just a rookie without the public's expectations.

There's no risk at all for Lebron....Who is his competition ? Dwight and that cape is played ? I'm sure Lebron can handle his own against Jamario moon and Gerald Green

Ed,

Artest > Ariza

I think losing Odom is changes the COMPLEXION of the Lakers.

I think losing Odom is changes the COMPLEXION of the Lakers.

if the Lakers lose Odom the Artest signing is meaningless.....Odom is the reason they won the championship.....i'm not sure where else he could sign for the money he wants and if he'll make a difference on any other team

Odom is the reason they won the championship.....

I wasnt gonna say it......but

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    and if he'll make a difference on any other team

On a more fast break open offense he could do a lot more. He proved that in college and with Miami. Make him a point forward and he can do a lot.

Ed,

Artest > Ariza

A lot of folks are saying you sacrifice chemistry for physicality. I tend to agree. Ariza was low maintenance. Artest I'm afraid, will not be.

On the other hand, you heard what Rasheed said in his press conference, "If I get 2 minutes or 30 minutes it doesn't matter. If coach wants me to come off the bench, I'll do that. If he wants me to start, i'll do that."

Lakers need Odom to have any chance of a repeat. His D sucks, but he bailed us out of many shooting slumps. You could sense just from t.v. footage that he gives off good vibes in the locker room too.

Blake Griffin = Tim Duncan's demeanor + Lebron's size

He's gonna be an allstar some day.

Blake Griffin = Tim Duncan's demeanor + Lebron's size

He's gonna be an allstar some day.

didnt you say the same thing about Michael Beasley?

b/w

Brandon Bass in Orlando =

didnt you say the same thing about Michael Beasley?

Doubt it. I might have said Beasley or Mayo for ROY, but I doubt I was hyping up Beasley to be the next big thing.

• Brandon Bass in Orlando =

Never heard you guys talk about B Bass much but I loved his game when he played for the Mavs.

What are y'alls thoughts on the Manimal?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    bass is a great pickup for the magic. dudes like him and carl landry are the types that any coach would love to have on a team (and i'm surprised that they don't make more $$$-- that is, dudes that play like that consistently, as opposed to the types who are hit and miss with those performances.)

Bass is good undersized PF who has a high percentage jumpshot.

I dont know if he's a starter on the Orlando team. It depends on the combinations.

Howard/Lewis/Pietris/Carter/Nelson

Bass off the bench, alongside Tony Battie.

Now Im keeping my eye on where Carlos Boozer lands.He could help a PF starved Playoff team.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Never heard you guys talk about B Bass much but I loved his game when he played for the Mavs.

Did you think he was a good fit, got enough playing time, etc? I didn't see the Mavs enough to know, although I, too, liked his game when he was with your team. Just didn't seem like he was a factor like he maybe could've been for you guys.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Did you think he was a good fit, got enough playing time, etc? I didn't see the Mavs enough to know, although I, too, liked his game when he was with your team. Just didn't seem like he was a factor like he maybe could've been for you guys.

He played 20 minutes a game the last two years and his numbers are almost identical to Greg Oden's....8.5 points and 4.5 boards a game....nice #7 player off the bench but not a starter imo.