>OFFICIAL NBA OFF-SEASON THINGS

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Trevor Ariza may leave LA.

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    hopefully the Cavs can sign him http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4301414

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    carter deal is inked what is the strut reaction
    i will be kinda mad if he has a great season

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    actually this is a team that needs him to be a selfish faux-star because there offence will be more suspect without lee and turco
    he needs to understand lewis is THE man
    if he rotates off petrius it could be great
    DEFENSE VINCE DEFENSE

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

Ariza starting at the SG w/ Lebron at the SF =

They still need a PF.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't like the Carter trade.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I hate the way the Bulls handled Ben Gordon. It's one thing to lose him, but for nothing?

They basically said they couldn't afford to pay him, more or less, the same amount of money they threw at lesser players Kirk Hinrich and Luol Deng.

So I am not mad at Ben for going to Detroit. However, the Pistons just signed a $55 million sixth man, right? Rip and Stuckey still starting, especially after Curry was fired. Unless they are going to shop Rip?

I don't like the Carter trade.

Its not the "Best" trade, but I feel like the Magic need a veteran w/ some Finals Exp on that roster.

Carter wont need to nor can he be the focal point on the Offense. He can now be the 4th dude after Howard,Lewis, and (Regular Season Only) Jameer Nelson.

For defensive purposes Pietrus can handle the Wade/Lobe/Leboring.

Carter can also play less minutes which will extend his legs.

Plus every once in a while dude has a couple of games where he explodes like the old days.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    listen his attitude cancels out his veteran experience imo
    however he will draw defenders away from double teaming howard
    he can create a shot (which is key in the magic offense)
    but for once he can pass the balls to other legitimate players
    i cant wait to see his relationship with van gundy however

listen his attitude cancels out his veteran experience imo
    however he will draw defenders away from double teaming howard
    he can create a shot (which is key in the magic offense)
    but for once he can pass the balls to other legitimate players
    i cant wait to see his relationship with van gundy however

I follow the Nets/Knicks out of location.
    Carter was the teacher to Devin Harris and the rest of the kids in NJ.
    I dont get that bad attitude label.

Are u sure your not a Toronto fan that still holds a grudge from last century?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Ariza is not going to Cleveland for a mid level exemption...that's crazy

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    obviously a (former) toronto fan
    i am biased to the in-depth character analysis the toronto sports media had on him
    however i was mostly worried about his shot selection
    but being on a 3point shooting team and having howard rebounding
    he can be as trigger happy as he wants

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Ariza is not going to Cleveland for a mid level exemption...that's crazy

I hope not. Ariza is gangsta.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    carter deal

I doubt this will be the deal that put's them over the top. Orlando lost a tenacious defender in Courtney Lee.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    carter deal is inked what is the strut reaction
    i will be kinda mad if he has a great season

While this isn't the worst movie the Magic could make, Skip was the peoples champ and Lee had some growing to do. Doesn't seem like a good long term investment. Plus with Nelson out these two got the Magic to the finals. Kinda eh. Hate to see Turkeyglue go too. It's hard to be a fan these days with the rotating door policy.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Turkoglu dicking around on the perimeter was the key to the Magic offense. If they don't try to keep him, they gonna have to implement a whole new offense. They should try hawrd to keep dude.

I REPEAT......

It's not coincidence the same teams keep winning championships

Artest > Ariza

Trevor wants to F*ck around and hold out for more money that isn't there.. We'll sign someone better

Not sure why dudes are so in love with Turkoglu....He's a 30 year old jump shooter who ran out of gas before The Finals even started.

He doesn't play defense...He not a great rebounder and he only gets to the basket against lil dudes.

Vince hasn't played on a good team ever....Carter is hungry and ready...Orlando lost The Finals because they couldn't get in the paint....Vince solves that.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Not sure why dudes are so in love with Turkoglu....He's a 30 year old jump shooter who ran out of gas before The Finals even started.

He doesn't play defense...He not a great rebounder and he only gets to the basket against lil dudes.

His newborn was keepin him up. Haha
    Nah, but they structured the offense around him seemingly. Wouldn't it take awhile to get a rhythm going with a new offenseive scheme? Can they get right back there? Is it too soon to be talkin all this shit until everyone gets signed?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Trevor Ariza may leave LA.

Ariz to Suns, hopefully.

Orlando didnt "structure' the Offense around Turkolu.

It wasnt until the Finals until the Lakers figured out denying the ball to Howard, would turn the O out of wack, and then that nullified Lewis and forced Turk to freestyle at the perimeter.

Against the Cavs and before that, Orlando had everybody involved until crunch time, where Turkolu took advantage of his height.

Even if the Magic kept this team together they still would have came up short.

This was a Playoffs w/out The Garnett-lead Celtics.

Dudes snuck in and got served in the Finals, like the (exp doesnt matter) bitches they were.

Im keepin my eye on where ARTEST goes.

Mark - pleez stop w/ the Suns stuff. Its a wrap.

EARL CLARK FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

EARL CLARK FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Im keepin my eye on where ARTEST goes.

Ariza should fire his agent immediately.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    "I'm definitely going to L.A. -- to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview with CBS Sports. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I'm in L.A. right now. ... I don't really care about the money. I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they got me."

Is this for real? Artest + Kobe = two egotistical freaks on one team. I hope its real!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "it will be great to finally not get booed in the Staples Center."

KILLING IT

"I'm definitely going to L.A. -- to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview with CBS Sports. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I'm in L.A. right now. ... I don't really care about the money. I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they got me."

Is this for real? Artest + Kobe = two egotistical freaks on one team. I hope its real!

IT WILL BE AMAZING I'M SURE
    RIGHT NOW ARTEST IS SAYIN:

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    this signing makes no sense at all.

this signing makes no sense at all.

THA NBA WHERE ARTEST HAPPENS

HOPPED OUT OF BED
    TURN MY SWAG ON
    TOOK A LOOK IN THE MIRROR
    AND SAID WHAT'S UP
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Boston lead owner Wyc Grousbeck, general manager Danny Ainge, head coach Doc Rivers, Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce all went to Detroit on Thursday to formally present Wallace with an offer for the full mid-level exception. But they left town without Wallace agreeing to a deal. Wallace will visit San Antonio and Orlando next week, according to a source, before making up his mind. Wallace is not likely to visit Cleveland.