>OFFICIAL NBA OFF-SEASON THINGS

Comments

• not sure if this belongs in a michael thread or here, but ron artest's mj tribute is up:
    www.myspace.com/ronartest

and it's stunning, i must say.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    MOST INTERESTING FREE AGENT AVALAIBLE
    predictions and who needs them
    chris birdman andersen (will stay)
    mike bibby (toronto needs a guy like this if they cant get andre miller)
    carlos boozer (pissed he is staying in utah)
    kwame brown (just kidding)raef lafrentz
    i hope anthony carter stays
    jamal crawford
    eddy curry
    juan dixon (could surprise a few in a new setting)
    3old men: Z and Grant hill, juan howard (why!)
    arethey going anywhere?
    eddie house
    allen iverson
    bobby jackson
    jkidd
    marbury
    FLIP MURRAY
    JERMAINE ONEAL
    ANDRE MILLER
    zerbiak and mcdyerss need to leave the league like white chocolate
    not so hot no more club:quentin richardson and stromile swift

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    this deserves its own thread, ron artest's mj tribute is up:
    www.myspace.com/ronartest

and it's stunning, i must say.

whoa. Ron supposedly will be seeing Mike next year!?

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i can't help but think about reh dogg while listening to this

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Ariza should fire his agent immediately.

Seriously. F*ck the agent, not Ariza.

Heard about Artest going to LA from an AM 570 dude yesterday night at a friend`s birthday party and was ecstatic. I do have my doubts about the dude (egotistical, prone to throw up bad shots), but he does bring toughness to the team, one thing that has been missing for a long time.

I heard from same dude that Jordan Farmar will probably be released.

Orlando is done. Hedo was a good part of their success, and he`ll be a good fit in the free-flowing offense in Portland.

Once again, I`m saying that Vince will not take Orlando over the top.

Phil Jackson to return as coach of Lakers.

Yall see Ron Ron with the "So Gutter" cap? lol

Dennis Rodman 2010 coming for Phil though....it`s clearly a double-edged sword for the Lakers though. You get the good with the bad. Hopefully there`s more good that comes out of this as the season rolls along.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    whatever team picks up leon powe will be getting their money's worth.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    perimeter defense him and kobe
    will alllow the lakers to dominate
    he can shoot as good and draw fouls better than ariza
    toughness which soft batches like pau lack
    will odom resign(probably)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Like a lengthy bball haiku

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I'm not looking forward toward the Artest - Bryant Duet with several special quests dub remix 7".

I did like the Kid Sensation with Ken Griffey Jr. debut back in the early 90's.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    someone needs to tell the nba to feature a rap performance by all stars duing the allstar weekend
    feat jabbawockeez

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    The Artest/Lakers thang is absolutely BANANAS.

Now im gonna keep my eye on Boston to see how they add to the mix. Rasheed is good look if it happens.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Hedo made a poor decision goint toronto. But 10 mil is 10 mil I guess. Supposedly his wife weighed in.

We're kinda fucked now. We need to sign somwone this year with the Lafrentz money. Who's the best small forward left unsigned?

Why can't Portland run the pick and pop with Rudy? Dude is small but can really shoot. Does one have to be over 6' 7" to make a screen effective?

Hedo made a poor decision goint toronto. But 10 mil is 10 mil I guess. Supposedly his wife weighed in.

We're kinda fucked now. We need to sign somwone this year with the Lafrentz money. Who's the best small forward left unsigned?

Why can't Portland run the pick and pop with Rudy? Dude is small but can really shoot. Does one have to be over 6' 7" to make a screen effective?

shawn marion would be a good pickup-- it's just convincing dude that he's better at the sf than the pf position. (it's like he's 6'8" and has small-man complex). He's good at slashing/moving without the ball, but can't really create his own shot w/ his back to the basket-- much more sf (where he was playing in miami) than pf (where he played in phx). either way, he's a great defender in either spot.

He might be a steal if he signs for a maximum of 3 years (he's getting a bit long in tooth), but he's never injured, super athletic, didn't do much to up his value last season while being shuffled around 2 teams, and toronto will not be looking to resign him now that they acquired turkoglu and are tryin to resign bosh.

also- his agent's a dick, but is realistic. marion's got (i think) option for one year at 17 mil (!!!) which he can cut out on for longer term money. he's also aware that being a free agent in 2010 is lucrative for a select few players, of which marion is not on that exclusive list.

It was reported that he and his wife liked Toronto more cuz it's cosmopolitan. Plus 10 mil ain't bad.

All of a sudden, I don't blame Trevor for leaving for Houston. Trevor got Allstar potential, gets a nice long contract, and he's young. Might as well explore his options.

All of a sudden, I don't blame Trevor for leaving for Houston. Trevor got Allstar potential, gets a nice long contract, and he's young. Might as well explore his options.

Ariza is never gonna be that franchise player. Dude should know where he fits.

He got his ring though and should look to get paid. Houston is done.

Lets see how he responds on a nightly basis when the defense is tailored for him as oppossed to when he was a floater around K.O.B.E. and Gasol.

I dont see Ariza as an ALL-Star.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

Lets see how he responds on a nightly basis when the defense is tailored for him as oppossed to when he was a floater around K.O.B.E. and Gasol.

Ariza leaving LA for Houston seems very similar to Posey leaving Boston for New Orleans.
    Ariza was a great fit for the Lakers and he will be lucky if he fits as well anywhere else in his career.

Ariza leaving LA for Houston seems very similar to Posey leaving Boston for New Orleans.
    Ariza was a great fit for the Lakers and he will be lucky if he fits as well anywhere else in his career.

Yup, I thought about Posey as well. And yea "Allstar potential" might have been going a bit too far.

• Kidd back to Dallas. I am so excited. Sigh.

Supposed to sign Gortat to an offer.

With RonRon to LA.....lets just have Celtics/Lakers best of 99 games and be done w/ it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Man I feel like Dallas should've really gone in and dealt everyone.

Rasheed Wallace and Grant Hill(pending) to BOSTON.

holy fusk

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

wow

if toronto keeps bosh its not bad
    if not toronto will be euroman central and turkoglu wont help them out much
    barniani is 3x softer than pau with less talent
    bbubtutbut he ca shoot the 3

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Rasheed Wallace and Grant Hill(pending) to BOSTON.

holy fusk

Suns will miss Grant for sure, he was doing a lot of Matrix-esque stuff. LE SIGH.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    holy moly these moves are crazy