NBA FINALS '09 BATCHES

Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
vs. The Los Angeles Lakers in 6 or 7..whatever.Cats who id like to see get a ring:Anthony JohnsonSkip To My LouTrevor ArizaJ.J. Redick...Scalabrine-esqueMicheal PietrusTurkolu/LewisPau GasolShannon BrownI think this is The Lakers' vindication year.As much as I like/prefer Orlando, they are still on the come-up.Losing in the second round 4-1(last year) to the chip, is suspect IMO.Of course anything can happen.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I can't believe we have to wait till Thursday to see this schitt

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Go Lakers you hos.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    LAL in 6.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    The match-ups in this series are much more intriguing than the anticipated Lakers-Cavs finals.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I think this is The Lakers' vindication year.

As much as I like/prefer Orlando, they are still on the come-up.

Unfortunately, I must this.

f*ckin' Lakers.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Having a legit Big Man > KOBE

Magic in 7

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Magic in 7

That would be sweet.

• ...but I think it'll probably be laker in 6 as well.

• My money is on the Lakers even though they're on my shit list.
    Gotta give it to those guys, they have a ton of talented players.
    I would love to see Orlando win but I do think the Lake Show will not
    disappoint. If only the Celts had Garnett and Poe. It would have been
    a great battle.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Orlando Magic=Arizona Cardinals

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I want the Lakers to win but I only want Lamar Odom to be allowed to wear his ring 3 out of 7 days a week.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    :([/b]

cavs

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    Magic in 7

Yes, please!

Orlando Magic=Arizona Cardinals

Odom only being allowed to wear his ring 3 days a week = (It's funny because it's true!)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Normally, I'd say Lakers in 6 but after getting pwned by the Celtics and Pistons in recent years, I'm not betting on shit.

The ability for the Lakers to disappoint cannot be overstated.

(Clearly, I grew up a pre-2004 Red Sox + post-58 Cal Bears fan)

Normally, I'd say Lakers in 6 but after getting pwned by the Celtics and Pistons in recent years, I'm not betting on shit.

The ability for the Lakers to disappoint cannot be overstated.

If you were a keen observer (nose in the air), you woulda known they lost to the superior team. So there really wasn't much disappoint.

Detroit (w/ Big Ben) and Boston (w/ KG in uniform and James Posey) were powerhouses. Both were defensive-minded, which made them (in my mind) clear favorites.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Your rationality seems to run counter to the point in being a team fan. You don't ride for the superior team. You ride for YOUR team. So yeah, I'm disappointed by the fact that the Lakers got their asses handed to them the last two trips to the Finals, regardless of what *lol* "keen observers" had to say about it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    THAT FORM OF FAN-DOM IS OUTMODED!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Finals are way too much pressure for Van Gundy and with all this time before game 1 his true colors are starting to show...The Magic are the most fragile team in the NBA..so why in god's name would he even mention Jameer Nelson ? He's killing his teams confidence before they even play

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Big Man Theory.

Magic in 6.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Big Man Theory.

Ben Wallace,Illgauskas,Varejao,Joe Smith vs. Gasol,Bynum,Odom,Powell.

I think the Lakers big men are going to score way more points than the Cavs, on Orlando.

Big Man Theory.

I think the Lakers big men are going to score way more points than the Cavs, on Orlando.

Definitely. Gasol alone is better than anything the Cavs threw at the Magic in the paint.

• The match-ups in this series are much more intriguing than the anticipated Lakers-Cavs finals.
    .....can't believe i had team lebron winning it all..Looking forward to a good series though...Lakers in 7..I'll be in LA during the finals..is LA gonna be wyldin or whut?

Your rationality seems to run counter to the point in being a team fan. You don't ride for the superior team. You ride for YOUR team. So yeah, I'm disappointed by the fact that the Lakers got their asses handed to them the last two trips to the Finals, regardless of what *lol* "keen observers" had to say about it.

Not really. I'm a fan of the Lakers, so I know their weaknesses, that is all.

Predictions are for suckers.

• i hope skip slaps Odoms dumb ass upside the head..

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Predictions are for suckers.

I usually dont talk that "in 5,6,7" games shit. I just want the overall W. Fusk how long or short it takes.

• 'Tell me why me ass bled'

http://www.myghettotv.com/video/417/...VICTIM-RAPPING

That's a hot line for the oh-nina

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Big Man Theory.

Definitely. Gasol alone is better than anything the Cavs threw at the Magic in the paint.

You guys don't understand Big Man Theory. Big Man Theory is that the NBA championship is won by the team with the most dominant Big Man. The only true exception to this theory, and it's a notable one, is the Jordan-era Bulls.

So under Big Man Theory, even with Gasol and Bynum (Odom and Powell are not Big Man), the Magic will win owing to Dwight Howard's dominance. The Cavs lost for the same reason.

i hope skip slaps Odoms dumb ass upside the head..

Did yall catch the ESPN segment where they talked about Odom loving candy?

"I ate candy before game 5, game 6, game 7..."