NBA FINALS '09 BATCHES

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    who is excited about tommorow's game
    :chirp:

I`m willing to cancel a kid`s tutoring for it.

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    can somebody tell Bynum that the WNBA is underway and the Sparks need a big..

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    The workhorse: Pau Gasol
    The wildcard: Luke Walton
    The best: Kobe Bryant

wildcard is Odom no doubt. he has a big game, lakers win everytime

can somebody tell Bynum that the WNBA is underway and the Sparks need a big..

Best new entry into the NBA thread. haha. Welcome.

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    but dont get me wrong... im at least as big a laker fan as you are, but cmon.. seriously. AB needs to start playing like a 7 footer and not get pushed around by 6'9 doods...for the rest of the finals i'll accept 10 and 9 from dood, but come next year he needs to prove hes not injury prone and take up Howard on his offer to work out together. he needs to start pushing doods around.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    but dont get me wrong... im at least as big a laker fan as you are, but cmon.. seriously. AB needs to start playing like a 7 footer and not get pushed around by 6'9 doods...for the rest of the finals i'll accept 10 and 9 from dood, but come next year he needs to prove hes not injury prone and take up Howard on his offer to work out together. he needs to start pushing doods around.

So u expect him to go from playing haff the season and learning overnight/one summer, to become a top 5 big man?

And before Shaq, what big man has flourished in the Triangle in LA/Chicago?

The Triangle doesnt need a Classic Big Man. Just a servicable PF ala Horace Grant/Dennis Rodman/Pau Gasol to be effective.

Bynum did quite well in Game One. No one expects dude to be on some 20/10 shit w/ K.O.B.E.,Gasol in the mix.

Grab some rebounds,convert on put backs,and go watch Game Of Death w/ Kareem.

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    top 5 big man? besides howard, who are they? none. if he stays healthy, he will be top 3 big man. i agree he needs to grab these rebounds and forget these puss put backs and ' THROW IT DOWN BIG FELLA! '

top 5 big man? besides howard, who are they? none. if he stays healthy, he will be top 3 big man. i agree he needs to grab these rebounds and forget these puss put backs and ' THROW IT DOWN BIG FELLA! '

Atlanta - Al Horford
    Boston - Kendrick Perkins
    Charlotte - Omeka Okafor
    Chicago - Brad Miller/Joakim Noah
    Cleveland - Illgauskas
    Detroit - Sheed
    Golden State - Andres Biendris
    Houston - Yao Ming
    Indiana - Jeff Foster
    Los Angeles - Camby/Kaman
    Los Angeles - BYNUM/GASOL
    Memphis - Marc Gasol
    Miami - Jermaine O'Neal
    Milwaukee - Andrew Bogut
    Minnesota - Al Jefferson
    New Jersey - Brook Lopez
    New Orleans - Tyson Chandler/David West
    New York - Eddie Curry
    Oklahoma City - Nenad Krstic
    Orlando - Dwight Howard
    Philadelphia - Theo Ratliff
    Phoenix - Amare Stoudamire
    Portland - Greg Oden
    Sacramento - Spencer Hawes
    San Antonio - Tim Duncan/Drew Gooden
    Toronto - Chris Bosh
    Utah - Okur/Boozer
    Washington - Brendon Haywood

BYNUM IS A ROLE PLAYER.

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    besides howard and yao, if he can stay healthy, that list is laughable.

duncan old
    jermaine oneal?

im not even gonna justify the rest. talk about role players.the only guys worth anything are amare and bosh. jefferson if he can stay healthy. NONE OF THESE GUYS ARE LEGIT BIG MEN ACCEPT FOR HOWARD AND YAO !!!

im not saying bynum is the new shaq or even close. but if hes a role player, why does he start?

that list kinda makes me sad...

got some zeppelin goin !!

ITS GAME TIME BABY !!!

im not saying bynum is the new shaq or even close. but if hes a role player, why does he start?

to the bench at 7:57 in the first quarter.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Andrew Bynum is a bum

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    yea its discouraging.. im a big laker guy, and a bynum hopefull. sometimes when i watch him play, i wanna stab myself in the heart with a rusty screwdriver. and twist it.

Who would you rather have on your team, Rashard Lewis or Lamar Odom? Because in this game 2 both of them are making a case for themselves as the unheralded keys to their team's success.

bout time i see a game

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Who would you rather have on your team, Rashard Lewis or Lamar Odom? Because in this game 2 both of them are making a case for themselves as the unheralded keys to their team's success.

Lewis is far more consistent, but Odom has a better all around game. Put Odom in another system like under Nellie and he'd do a lot more. He does a disappearing act too much, but I bet if he got to handle the ball more he'd be better at that.

Lewis is far more consistent, but Odom has a better all around game. Put Odom in another system like under Nellie and he'd do a lot more. He does a disappearing act too much, but I bet if he got to handle the ball more he'd be better at that.

I think we saw the Odom you are talking when he played in Miami

I'm not happy with how we won though. Odom must have had extra candy bars before the game though. He was active. Ariza was looking timid with the rock, as he often does. Too much reliance on KB's playmaking in the fourth, which is NAGL. Both teams played well defensively though, maybe that's why scoring was kinda poor. I'll take the W.

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    lewis makes way too much $$$
    odom gives more positives to his team than negatives
    although he sometimes does dissapear

I like the new gatorade commercial and the vitamin water one with the Howard spoof of LBJ/KB..That shit is way too funny.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I bet portland is dumb enough to trade Oden for Bynum straight up.

Lakers win game #3
    Oralndo wins game#4
    Lakers in 5

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Turkoglu on Kobe was a great move...dude always has trouble with long arms

Alston plays better at home but I'm not sure he has any confidence left

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Why was JJ in the closing minutes of the game? I Gasol was a beast and a win is a win but the Magic where 1 layup away from a split. Magic aren't going out like no punks.

Lakers win game #3
    Oralndo wins game#4
    Lakers in 5

haha, you are a jackass. Consensus: Portland's current management has a great eye for talent. When K.O.B.E. is in decline in a few years the Lakers will be in trouble if they are counting on the current squad of role players and journeymen to keep the lake-show in primetime.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    If Orlando had any chance of turning this serious around it was last. After the first quarter what was the score? 15 each or something? That slow pace was exactly what the Magic wanted. Going to overtime was their death knell. They might, be able to win one game in Orlando. It was a great game though and that's what matters. I was afraid of something like Game 1.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

WRONG! We changed management since we traded Jermaine O'Neal for Shawn Kemp straight up. (File under: worst trade ever?)

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i don't understand orlando's coaching strategy. howard got his first dunk of the series in the 3rd quarter last night. van gundy doesn't let his pg's penetrate and dish. the offense runs through tergolu and lewis...both permiter players. not gonna work in this series. u can't play straight up half court ball and beat la.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Why was JJ in the closing minutes of the game?

Pietrus in foul trouble all game + hoping he'd hit open 3s to take pressure off Turk/Lewis

WRONG! We changed management since we traded Jermaine O'Neal for Shawn Kemp straight up. (File under: worst trade ever?)

Actually O'Neal was traded for Dale Davis. Which turned out to be a crap trade but had a certain logic at the time. The Blazers had just gotten bounced from the West Coast finals by the Shaquille O'Neal led lakers. Davis had played Shaq as well as anyone can, and Jermaine was not getting playing time behind Rasheed Wallace and Brian Grant.
    Even though management has changed, the Blazers still seem a little gun-shy with trading young talent since that trade worked out so poorly. Travis Outlaw, for example, seems like a guy that they would trade but are scared he will blossom into a star for someone else.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Why was JJ in the closing minutes of the game?

To hit that big 3 that helped put the game in OT?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that bullshit foul on pietrius (although fair as horrible calls were on both sides of the game) with he howard block

that was the turning point

pietrius is a guy that could at least create offence unlinke the many times where the magic were simply waiting and hesitant