larry the cable guy
    gallagher
    carrot top
    dane cook
    probably mo'nique
    jay leno
    foxworthy
    mensteala

You have appallingly bad taste in comedians.
    i think duke is trying to say that because those dudes make a living being a comedian, they're funny but I dont buy that shit.

Yeah, they're funny to some people but here, where we decide taste, they suck.

KEEP MY NAME OUT YOUR MOUTH CABRON I FIGHT MY OWN BATTELS HERE

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Way more than just funny song guy...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

I liked him in that ski comedy "Out Cold"

The Hangover has potential too.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

My Current Favorites:
    Louis CK (by a longshot)
    Todd Barry

YOOO. Two of my favorites, You should join them on twitter just to get their up to the minute hilarious updates. Louis CK's vids on youtube kill too.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    maybe it's the beard thing then...

because I'm dying after just that Ellen clip!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I think he falls way more in the category of comedic actor and not standup master

ahahahahahahahahaha killinit

Galifinakis is my friend Beer/Bike Nate.

you have no idea bros srsly

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    I think he falls way more in the category of comedic actor and not standup master

His standup is a little "meta", but he is definitely a funny guy. There was a reality show with Galifinakis, Oswalt, Brian Posehn and Maria Bamford on tour together. I forget what it was called but it was funny.

comedians of comedy

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mo'Nique is funny. She kills the Queens of Comedy show.

• 1980Beatz1980Beatz 159 Posts
    No love for Mitch Hedberg?

f*cking hilarious!!!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    No love for Mitch Hedberg?

f*cking hilarious!!!

I mentioned him earlier.

He guested on the show I was working on a couple of times (pre-That 70s Show) and as if you couldn't tell, he was a nervous wreck....why he performed with his eyes closed. He drank a mickey of JD before going on and couldn't sit or stand still. It was intense.

• 1980Beatz1980Beatz 159 Posts
    Whoops. Missed it.

He played here with Dave Attell and Lewis Black.

I never laughed harder in my life.
    He will always be missed

• There used to be a ton of dated videos on Youtube showing Louie CK's material and then Dane Cook's (using the same jokes).

There all pulled now. Curious.

This breaks down the theft ring and it all comes back to Steve Martin.

Oh, and there's some nice Soulstrut-style hating on here too...

Dead Frog Dot Com

For the record, Cook is lowest common denominator material. Lame.

you what else I don't like about the guy? he's a yeller...shouting it doesn't make it funnier.

but then again, Chris Rock yells his head off and he's pretty funny. Yea, Dane Cook is just annoying.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

My Current Favorites:
    Louis CK (by a longshot)

Huge co-sign. I was scared that his name wasn't going to be mentioned in this thread for some reason. I saw him live last year and it was amazing, I consider myself a fan and he didn't do a single joke that I heard before, over an hour and a half of fresh material, which seems to be rare these days. I can't think of anyone on his level right now. Fearless.

Louder=funnier: Sinbad!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Dane Cook = painfully unfunny.

A local radio station had a "world's least funny comedian"
    contest and Cook won ... they would play these live clips
    of him and the jokes would be so horrible and the audience
    would be laughing and laughing ... the DJ's were 10x more
    funny speculating upon why anyone thought he was funny.

I had been told his appeal was with girls, because he was
    so good looking, but then my roommate was watching some
    romantic comedy that he starred in and dude is not even
    the least bit handsome, he has a rat face and pock marks,
    so ... ? Maybe he sold his soul to satan?

b/w

I was suprised by how unfunny I found David Cross to be
    when he does stand-up, too - I am a HUGE Mr. Show fan, and
    love him in News Radio, Arrested Development, etc ... but
    my friend made me watch this loooong comedy routine he did
    where he gets pissed on by an elephant, and I was 100%

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Dane Cook is just f*cking horrible. I watched the 1st 10 min. of this show he did at Madison Square Garden on Comedy Central this week. One of his opening stories his family loved going to the amusement park. They all got really excited about it. That was the story. No punchline, no catch. They just screamed about going to the park. The crowd was eating it up. WTF?????

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i find that taste in comedians tends to be a pretty good character judge.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Paul Mooney is the man.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Dane Cook is just f*cking horrible. I watched the 1st 10 min. of this show he did at Madison Square Garden on Comedy Central this week. One of his opening stories his family loved going to the amusement park. They all got really excited about it. That was the story. No punchline, no catch. They just screamed about going to the park. The crowd was eating it up. WTF?????

Yes - these were the types of bits they were playing on that "unfunniest comedian"
    contest ... he tells stories and gets all hyper and kind of does voices for people
    in the stories, but there aren't any jokes - and it doesn't go anywhere!

Arnez J had an incredible run w/ Def Jam Comedy and Bet Comedy Jam.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm a big fan of George Lopez, but I don't understand how non-Mexicans/Latinos can relate to his comedy. It's very observational (culturally-speaking).

I'm a big fan of George Lopez, but I don't understand how non-Mexicans/Latinos can relate to his comedy. It's very observational (culturally-speaking).

I was feelin him before his Tv show.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I'm talking about his stand-up more than the show. His stand up is pretty much my day-to-day interaction with my family.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

I'm talking about his stand-up more than the show. His stand up is pretty much my day-to-day interaction with my family.

I'm a big fan of George Lopez. I think his experiences are not as exclusively cultural/ethnic/Mexican as he thinks they are. Cultural idiosyncracies can be shared by different groups that aren't connected.
    For instance, I worked construction. My boss would eyeball dimensions and put heel marks and then stake em. I would say Joe, why don't you use Pythagorean Theorem and diagonals. He wasn't havin it. That shit's a riot talmbout dude closing one eye and moving the person over til he sees em. Point is, GL has highly relatable comedy and that's what makes him a great comedian.

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    Dylan Moran and Daniel Kitson usually make me laugh...