THE NBA PLAYOFFS - '09!!!

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Anything bad that team gets they deserve in spades. They put a lot of negative shit out there.
    I'm still wondering what that even means.

It's real f*ckin' funny to hear Chris Webber saying anything about that dude. He's pretty much a total loser, from ruining his team's chances to get a National Title they should've won to never really doing shit in the playoffs. Plus, I've seen Webber cry. You never see Dirk crying.
    chris webber was a good player.
    dork-like, but not afraid of being in the post.
    exactly as many titles as dirk.
    b/w
    dirk cries in private. a lot. guaranteed.

what's it gonna take for an all caps outburst here?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Webber's career body-of-work and playoff body-of-work doesn't sniff Dirk's. But yeah yeah rings and alla that. You got excited as F*ck when your team went to the second round a couple of years ago. Don't trip.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

While shoving over exercise bikes to the strains of David Hasselhoff.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    yeah, but the warriors got what they deserved in the second round. they put a lot of negativity out there. rumor had it that they were mean to the mavericks while steamrolling them in the first.

Naw man. He just maxes w/ some chess or blows on his sax. He might read a book.

He might cry over his BUSTED-ASS WOMAN though.

yeah, but the warriors got what they deserved in the second round. they put a lot of negativity out there. rumor had it that they were mean to the mavericks while steamrolling them in the first.

That's not super-hilarious or even really poking fun at anything I was saying.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't understand the bitterness. Didn't all the Mavs fans on this board admit that the team was (relatively) weak and destined to go out early, even before the playoffs even started? It's not a surprise they're getting waxed by this Denver team. Good for them to avoid a sweep. No reason to be salty.

I don't understand the bitterness.

You do realize you are posting in the NBA thread.

My bitterness only surfaced when fools tried to press buttons.

I'm trying to deal w/ the IRS, customers and bi-coastal busters. SERENITY NOW!!

Well it is true that I don't have a dog in this race (insert comments about the Warriors, Knicks, Cal Bears, or NYU Bobcats [!] here). So I can spout my roundball ignorance without fear of asshurtedness.

Dirk had some nice fadeaways last night. Erica needed help though, I still think Dirk needs to body up some days!

Dude Dampier should be lauded for being able to play in the NBA on stilts. :roll:

Dirk took it to the hole w/ no abandon last night. I thought everyone knew that. Body, soft, whatever....K-Mart got abused by the kid last night.

I was k.o.'d by the 2nd half (flu-related) but the dude got pwned by Nene more than once in the 1st. I think you're being a little generous!

I was k.o.'d by the 2nd half (flu-related) but the dude got pwned by Nene more than once in the 1st. I think you're being a little generous!

No less-an-authority than Barkley said it. They pretty much only gave props on TNT. He scored 19 in the 4th. He played a man's game last night.

And I'm done.

On to tonight: who will ride for RonRon and the Rockets????

19 in the 4th cannot be denied.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

On to tonight: who will ride for RonRon and the Rockets????

looking forward to another Lakers meltdown tonight

Kobe gets his 40 and the other dudes just stand around, no problem!

yay!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    why did the Mavs trade Devin Harris for Jason Kidd?

The Lebrons. Boring? Probably so. Undeniable future champs?

The Nuggets gonna keep it rolling all the way to the title?

I think it looks good for a Nuggets-Cavs final.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Cap Room + Devin Harris needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

But the Mavs still want Dork to get most of the touches, then Howard & Terry.

Plus Kidd isnt a long term investment. Just a quick Veteran gamble that got them to the Second Round - its paid off for the present team that Cuban has been reluctant to blow up.

Plus Kidd isnt a long term investment. Just a quick Veteran gamble that got them to the Second Round - its paid off for the present team that Cuban has been reluctant to blow up.

I think it also had something to with the fact that, at the time of the trade, Cuban was still tied to Avery. Devin was never gonna flourish under the Lil' Gen for whatever reason.

Cuban has said he "won't be outbid" for Kidd in the offseason. I think they are going to make a run at Bosh.

You make a good point about Cuban's reluctance. More to the point, I think he's been too in love w/ some of the surrounders. Namely, Josh and JET. They are good but not good enough....they may need to spend some money and make a big deal and build around Kidd and Dirk. Mavs supposedly have some choice expiring contracts that teams looking to clear up room for 2010 might take on.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I can't think of a more uncomfortable dude on TV in any situation than Ernie Johnson.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Anything bad that team gets they deserve in spades. They put a lot of negative shit out there.
    I'm still wondering what that even means.

It's real f*ckin' funny to hear Chris Webber saying anything about that dude. He's pretty much a total loser, from ruining his team's chances to get a National Title they should've won to never really doing shit in the playoffs. Plus, I've seen Webber cry. You never see Dirk crying.
    chris webber was a good player.
    dork-like, but not afraid of being in the post.
    exactly as many titles as dirk.
    b/w

what's it gonna take for an all caps outburst here?

If forced to chose between Webber in his prime and Dirk in his prime I would choose Webber.

If forced to chose between Webber in his prime and Dirk in his prime I would choose Webber.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Batmon is on the money....plus Devin Harris and Avery didn't mesh well and he may have never blossomed here.

Cuban is at the end of his honeymoon with the team/town.....he needs to do something big right away or else he'll lose his "magic" and popularity with Mav fans.

This means something like getting Chris Paul or another impact player or two and biting the bullet on contracts like Kidd's and Dampier.

Dirk showed last night that he can play with anyone and is indeed a warrior.... he's had an amazing series against Denver....I just hope that before his career is over he can get the right players around him, either here in Dallas or elsewhere, and win a ring(s) to shut up the ignorant haters.

But if I had to call a time-out I'd pick Dirk.

But if I had to call a time-out I'd pick Dirk.

There's no questioning Dirk's amazing ability to score. But Webber was better at pretty much every other aspect of the game. And those other aspects matter.
    As someone else was pointing out in answer to the query about why D. Harris was traded for J. Kidd, Dirk and D. Harris could not mesh because of Dirk's need to be the focal point of the offense every possession. That is a shame for Dallas because because speedy high scoring point guards are destroying in the NBA right now. If Nowitzki had developed other parts of his game to superstar level (passing, rebounding, defense, etc.) it would have been a lot easier to build a championship team around him.

Also, Webber developed into a much better time-out caller when he got to the pros.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Batmon is on the money....plus Devin Harris and Avery didn't mesh well and he may have never blossomed here.

Cuban is at the end of his honeymoon with the team/town.....he needs to do something big right away or else he'll lose his "magic" and popularity with Mav fans.

This means something like getting Chris Paul....

LOLOLOLOL

You're gonna end up with some garbage like Shaq.

This means something like getting Chris Paul....

LOLOLOLOL

You're gonna end up with some garbage like Shaq.

I can see that happening too.

Webber never had a team team tailor made for him like Dork has. Dork has been lucky enuff to play to his strenfs.

If I recall Billy Owens was already the man @ Golden State when Webber arrived and didnt stay long enuff to be built around.

I think Cuban proved what kind of man he is in addressing Martin's mother like that. The day after mother's day. smh

I'd say it's a fair bet that he'll not take the radical steps needed to build a championship-caliber team. He's long had the opportunity to do so, and so far, he's stopped short.

I mean who could the Mavs give up to get a franchise player, other than Nowitsky? JET and Howard? I can't see it.