Horrible news of the day: RIP EDDIE BO

willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Extremely sad, but true. He passed away Wednesday night of a heart attack. His sister came in to tell my boss this morning. He was friends with my boss and I had the chance to meet him about a month ago. He was in bad financial shape, was talking about trying to sell some memorabilia to get some cash and I offered to help him sell some of his records, totally pro bono. He was SUCH a nice guy and was really happy that I was willing to help him. Now I feel bad that I never got to do so before he passed...To me, Eddie will always be . For now, RIP to a lover & a friend:

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts
    oh no..

RIP!

• DAMN.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Oh man.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    dam,RIP

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    oh man!!!!
    well, you know what....dude is going to live forEVER.
    unbelievable legacy.

that man is sunshine too...i saw him play at the rockn bowl and he was just all smiles. i asked if he had time to write something in my journal...he took it and disappeared. came back twenty minutes later and gave it back and it said something like "to a dear friend" or something totally not true and we had a laugh about it. i asked if he was going to play "lover and a friend" and he was like "well, i would need to go find the girl to do that one!" so cool.

hate to hear about hard financial straits for him...
    that should have never happened.

RIP and thanks for everything. Eddie=good as it gets

• tecatetecate 73 Posts
    dang, really. Eddie Bo was so great. Love his records, rest in peace Mr. Bo!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    R.I.P.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Oh man... that's just terrible news. Unbelievable legacy is right. RIP to a true legend.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    damn, RIP

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

well, you know what....dude is going to live forEVER.
    unbelievable legacy.

RIP and thanks for everything. Eddie=good as it gets

Indeed. The man was a true giant, and I will forever be playing his music.

RIP to one of the greatest ever.

• my man harry belafonte is gonna trip, he was a huge Eddie collector. I think he even went and saw THE GOD play down in NOLA.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    ive been a fan of his for a long time, ever since i thrifted one of his Chess singles back in the mid-eighties. when i finally got to meet him 19 years later, it made the circle complete. R.I.P. to a legend.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    R.I.P.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Damn man.
    RIP

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    SHIT!
    RIP

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    R.I.P.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    RIP

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Rest in peace.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    His body is gone, but his spirit lives on.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    that man is sunshine

cannot cosine enough.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Rest in piece, you will be missed

• Terrible,terrible news. Dude was a giant and a huge personal favorite.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Eddie Bo "Fare Thee Well"

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Eddie Bo "Fare Thee Well"

and oddly enough, THIS was the first Eddie Bo 45 I ever scored...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    This is very sad. I knew of Eddie Bo before I knew who Eddie Bo was, through the samples like a lot of people and eventually discovering the wealth of music he recorded. My username here has a lot to do with him and the music of his city.

r.i.p.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    R.I.P.

• Extremely sad, but true. He passed away Wednesday night of a heart attack. His sister came in to tell my boss this morning. He was friends with my boss and I had the chance to meet him about a month ago. He was in bad financial shape, was talking about trying to sell some memorabilia to get some cash and I offered to help him sell some of his records, totally pro bono. He was SUCH a nice guy and was really happy that I was willing to help him. Now I feel bad that I never got to do so before he passed...To me, Eddie will always be .

For now, RIP to a lover & a friend:

My condolences to his family and my heart goes out to you and everyone else who is saddened by the loss of such a great man. I found out about his passing by text message, which was bad enough, but I had the same feeling when I found out about James Brown on Christmas morning. It threw my whole day off. I feel even worse now that Eddie Bo passed because he obviously wasn't as well known and he basically died penniless, which is heartbreaking. I'm glad you at least got the chance to talk to him. That was a blessing...

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    I've already posted this on another site, but to re-iterate;

We all know just how important he was.......seeing him play at the Jazz Cafe a few years ago was so memorable. Whilst the material wasn't the deepest of his work, the performance spoke volumes. Personality and passion from the first to the very last note.

A true pioneer that deserved/deserves absolute recognition from every aspect of the music industry. Let's hope his legacy is served as it should be.

'From this day on'.............